Main Menu

International Cave Store

Started by brentsg, February 17, 2011, 11:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

And so it begins..

http://www.jp-stores.com/rc/we70614/

Here's the blog post:  http://caveworlden.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/cave-international-shop-open-for-business/

There's a confirmation that they'll announce a new iOS game this weekend.

Finally, Cave has confirmed that they will take International requests for Cave Store items.  Send any requests for merchandise using the Ask button on the store here: http://twurl.nl/jeszqj

Medal

ssfsx17

The CDs are Japanese-priced... ouch.

Ale555

Let's hope for future RC-BERG models also

HVL

Cool but this might prove to be a financial disaster for me. :righton:

StarCreator

Heh, they remembered I tweeted them asking about it and sent a mention today pointing me to the store.  Sort of feel obligated to buy now...

Medal

It'd be cool if they had a newsletter, even if it were in Japanese. There's probably a lot of stuff I'd miss if it weren't for CAVE-STG.

brentsg

Quote from: Medal on February 18, 2011, 10:27:27 AM
It'd be cool if they had a newsletter, even if it were in Japanese. There's probably a lot of stuff I'd miss if it weren't for CAVE-STG.

You mean like Twitter, or their blog?

Medal

I don't use twatter and the only blog I check is this one.

SuperPang

Maybe they could send out telegrams too.

brentsg

Quote from: SuperPang on February 18, 2011, 01:24:06 PM
Maybe they could send out telegrams too.

Yagawa's always calling me with updates.  The timezone difference is a bitch, and I think he just does it to be cruel.

neomoe

what a pleasant surprise.

maybe one day they will expand it to even include their games...which if you pre-order directly from them you wil get various trinkets and doo-dads  :-*

ookitarepanda

Quote from: neomoe on February 18, 2011, 05:15:24 PM
what a pleasant surprise.

maybe one day they will expand it to even include their games...which if you pre-order directly from them you wil get various trinkets and doo-dads  :-*

Only if they make specific US region versions like Progear. Remember, games and movies have their export laws which is why there is the startup screen that says it's illegal to do what we're doing.

GaijinPunch

Probably only sell the goods they sell in the Japanese static shop, which is unfortunately not a lot. :(

EOJ

Wake me when they have the DFK BL DVD for sale. Trying to find that for under $150 is a bitch these days.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on February 19, 2011, 09:24:09 PM
Wake me when they have the DFK BL DVD for sale. Trying to find that for under $150 is a bitch these days.

My guess is there will be an online Matsuri soon (end of March?) which will get these out and the price down.    I had a friend pick up 3 to pass off to people here, and he totally fucked up and bought the DFK DVD.  Doh!  Anyhoo, contact me before the next one and I'll do my best to get you one.  I should've at least watched one of the 3 I got last time.

KOA

They just added more stuff to the International shop. They even added a PCB subsection even though it's empty.
This is a very good sign.

http://www.jp-stores.com/rc/we70614/?c=151&show=20&mode=&keyword=

neomoe

cools...but their shipping estimates frighten me.  4100y to ship an artbook?  that can't be right, can it?

drboom

A PCB section...damn. Hopefully they fill it with something soon!  :righton:

ookitarepanda

Quote from: drboom on February 24, 2011, 12:18:30 PM
A PCB section...damn. Hopefully they fill it with something soon!  :righton:

I am eating my words right now. I printed off my post and I'm eating the paper. I guess it's better than getting my hopes up for cool DVDs and then it not happening.

Also, I put a few things in a cart to check shipping: 2 CDs and 2 artbooks makes for, apparently, 14,100 yen. That's $172.64. Might as well just ship a Candy Cab.

StarCreator

Someone at shmups mentioned the price for shipping includes the cost of the items themselves, if that helps any.

njiska

Quote from: StarCreator on February 24, 2011, 12:58:34 PM
Someone at shmups mentioned the price for shipping includes the cost of the items themselves, if that helps any.

This appears to be correct. When I went through the order page I got correct shipping information. About 1900 JPY for an Artbook and CD. That's correct.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

GaijinPunch

Quote from: neomoe on February 24, 2011, 08:49:01 AM
cools...but their shipping estimates frighten me.  4100y to ship an artbook?  that can't be right, can it?

They are most likely using a private carrier, and those are ridiculously expensive.  I tried to order some Lion Coffee the other day since of course, Japanese shops charge 2x-3x the price.  The shipping for about 5 bags was $45 USD as they only offer UPS.  Morons.  I'll just get my mom to do it.

Amazon's shipping is pretty bad, too.  The problem is Japan Post (and USPS) don't have the corporate services most businesses want.

brentsg

I had sent an e-mail to Cave regarding suggestions for the store.  Late last week I received a nice reply from them, so they are definitely listening.

ookitarepanda

I caved (HAAHAHAHAHAHA) and put in an order with some friends for stuff. I'm excited!

ookitarepanda

Holy shit, you guys see all this stuff that was just added? It's all "sold out" right now but I assume it'll be in stock very shortly.

http://www.jp-stores.com/rc/we70614/?c=163&show=20&mode=&keyword=

DFKBL dvd for 7000 yen anyone?

crackfox

I'll have one of those DFK BL DVD when they are available...
I just almost paid nearly double that price..  :)
Sometimes patience is a good thing...  :righton:

charlienash87

Quote from: crackfox on March 11, 2011, 03:04:14 AM
I'll have one of those DFK BL DVD when they are available...
I just almost paid nearly double that price..  :)
Sometimes patience is a good thing...  :righton:

i almost caved and did the same thing
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

gsl

Quote from: charlienash87
i almost caved and did the same thing

Oh man, I am all over one of those CV-1000B shirts.

brentsg

This has been temporarily suspended due to the earthquake.