EOJ

Just announced at the Cave festival.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drunkninja

Cool, I expected either this or Futari.

Btw, is their stream down? I wanted to watch this, but their ustream channel just says "offline".

EOJ

Yeah, the stream hasn't gone live yet. I'm getting info off andriasang's live feed for now. I think ustream will go live right before the X360/console announcements.
My score archive

brentsg

That kinda sucks.  I think we've all had enough DS about now.

EOJ

Cave probably thinks it's an easy cash-in now that the X360 port is available worldwide.
My score archive

MX7

Trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkOg_zp3aEg

Via Cave World Twitter.

Looks like fun. I really enjoyed ESP and DDP on iOS. Obviously not comparable with playing with a stick on a nice big monitor, but a fun distraction for the tube.

Daverost

New trailer is up via Cave on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/CAVECoLtd/posts/155410611194688
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFnjcaKamp8

Shows off a new mode, new character, and new story.

Damn, for the first time, I really, really want something with iOS on it.

sh00g

Wtf is that. Stats, powerups, equipment purchases? ha.

pestilence

hope the new character eventually is also available via DLC

ssfsx17

Looks like Cave is really serious about the "consumer market" now. Hoping that they will do these kinds of features with as much loving detail as they did their arcade games.

lam47

That looks like Rachel Alucard to me!

EOJ

My score archive

hermosaguy

Quote from: EOJ on June 29, 2011, 04:26:55 AM
July 7th is the date. $4.99.
I wonder if that is an introductory price. I think for a few games they had special pricing, but I'm not sure if it was for all of them.

EOJ

Yes, that's the introductory price. It will increase to $8.99 a week or so after release.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

J*R*F_BN3_WM2K

It's up. Not my fav iOS shooter. Fingers get in the way with stuff coming from in front and behind. Still better than a sandwich tho.

ookitarepanda

YEAH EOJ, it's better than a sandwich.

Even the translation got an upgrade, which I thought was strange, considering they have all of the text available from the 360 port. They sort of halved the ridiculous accents the girls had from that one...

Anyway, it's pretty fun to play, though I haven't spent much time with iphone mode. I got an arcade 1cc and it's still just as easy, if not easier, than the original game. For starters, hypers last about twice as long for some reason. You could hyper at the beginning of the volcano and end when you get to the final stretch of platforms. Secondly, you can select any rank for all levels, including the final stage. What's that about??

Shalashaska

Well I've only played Arcade but I think I like this release the least so far.

As mentioned above, it's really easy to not see enemies coming from the left side of the screen because your thumb is in the way. If I'm on the right side of the screen shooting to the left my character freezes in place sometimes if my thumb gets near the "buttons". I don't have issues with ESPGaluda II or DFK and think they control perfectly fine on my little iPod touch but this release just doesn't seem as smooth.

Also the little changes like the powered up mode lasting longer than usual as ookitarepanda said.  :-\

ssfsx17

The X-box 360 version is naturally going to be better when it comes to being a port of an existing game - I didn't expect the iOS version's "arcade" mode to be remotely close to arcade-perfect. I would suggest judging the game entirely on the iPhone mode. It's got a touch of Crimzon Clover (having to pay for continues), a touch of Raptor & Tyrian (buying upgrades to various things and having a single big life bar), has its own original story, and has different end bosses. Definitely worth the $6.

TonK

I like this release a lot.

If you like Deathsmiles as much as panda and I, you will like it.

We seemed to figure it out.

Pretty easy to control.

Buttons need tightened up.

Blew a run cause I couldn't go into power up mode, then lockshot got stuck on and I couldn't move.

brentsg

Quote from: TonK on July 09, 2011, 02:49:51 AM

If you like little girls as much as panda and I, you will like it.

That's pretty high praise.  I'll have to check it out this weekend.

Icarus

Loving iPhone Mode at the moment. It's pretty hard in each difficulty until you get enough upgrades to boost key stats, but there's still plenty of challenge to score in the game even after you pass the absolute minimum power level, as well. Not a huge fan of random item drops, as I've seen one weapon so far drop that I stupidly forgot to keep as I quit out of that run in irritation (Witch Staff, from the Volcano stage), and haven't seen since, but if it gives the game some form of replay factor, then so be it.

I've already got the Witch Hat, so I'll get the rest of the set yet. >_<#

All Cleared Normal difficulty with 440mil+ so far, might go in a little underpowered to try and weed a bit more out of the game before heading to Hard difficulty.

Controls do feel a little weird and sticky, had many hits where my character just froze on screen despite me swiping like crazy to get her to move, but I'd expect Cave to fix any small issues in the next update.

ookitarepanda

If you like Deathsmiles as much as panda and I, you will like it.

We seemed to figure it out.

Pretty easy to control.

Buttons need tightened up.

Blew a run cause I couldn't go into power up mode, then lockshot got stuck on and I couldn't move.

We are going to have back-and-forths on high scores until we're tied exactly at number 1 and it can rest  :laugh:

I think it's pretty fun, but it's probably because I loveloveloved the original so much, which wasn't the case with DFK 1.5 or GaludaII, which I only "really like" instead loveloveloving. Like I've said, there's some wonkybonkers going on, but I'm not having as much trouble controlling as some other people have said. I just leave my screen size on medium and it seems to be fine. But yeah, little bits of wonky here n there that I'm sure will be patched up shortly.

Like seriously, in the History, why is Rosa's blood type O in Deathsmiles, but AB in Deathsmiles II? I mean really! ...not that I actually care, but is this the same in the instruction manuals for DS and DSII? I don't have DSII (just the digital version) to check...

Icarus

The "Gold drop rate increases" effect on items does not stack with multiple equips. :/
Got two items, a pair of shoes with x3, and a trinket with x4, and the item higher up the equipment stack (the shoes) overrides the one lower down the stack (the trinket). Damn, was hoping for huge Gold fountain action there.

EDIT: OH SHI-
Suicide bullets from st5 onwards on Hard difficulty.

TonK

Here is Panda and I on the leader boards.

I gotta quit playing...

I'm seeing power up items when I close my eyes.

ssfsx17

Quote from: ookitarepanda on July 09, 2011, 11:47:14 AM
Like seriously, in the History, why is Rosa's blood type O in Deathsmiles, but AB in Deathsmiles II? I mean really! ...not that I actually care, but is this the same in the instruction manuals for DS and DSII? I don't have DSII (just the digital version) to check...

It's like that on the website too. Rosa also grew by 2cm in the time between Halloween and Christmas.

Dunno if this is explained anywhere, or Junya Inoue decided that would help DS2 sell better, or what.

ookitarepanda

Huh. I thought that DSII was a prequel to Deathsmiles? I thought the whole point was that the girls were YOUNGER and thus more attractive to Japanese players  :oogle:

EDIT: http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/deathsmiles2x/story/

Yeah, I guess you're right, it's after the battle of Halloween... but how the fuck do the ages change between games? Did nobody notice?

emphatic

Quote from: brentsg on July 09, 2011, 02:53:00 AM

If you like little girls as much as panda and I, you will like it.

That's pretty high praise.  I'll have to check it out this weekend.

:laugh:

Daverost

Quote from: ookitarepanda on July 09, 2011, 11:43:37 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right, it's after the battle of Halloween... but how the fuck do the ages change between games? Did nobody notice?

What are the age differences and birthdays? Some people have birthdays between Halloween and Christmas.

ookitarepanda

Ya know what, I think I was wrong about that. I'm sorry bout the confusion there... I thought for some reason Follett was 15 in DS and 14 in DSII, and that Casper got younger as well. But I guess I'm wrong.