Ohimesama Debut [Cave 2008, Nintendo DS]

Started by EOJ, February 27, 2008, 05:09:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Just found out about this game today while browsing around at famitsu.com:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1213676_1407.html

They give loads of screenshots there, and describe it as an "action-adventure/dance" game. Basically you play a 14 year old girl who came from a parallel world and fills in for the princess. She must choose a partner among the princes in the neighboring countries, enter the "Sandoriyon Ball" dance competition, and win.

This looks like a nice game for little girls, but not much beyond that. The very interesting part is Cave is PUBLISHING this themselves (can't remember them doing that in the past for any game). It's due on the JP NDS on 5/29/2008. The producer is Ohno Yasuo, and the director is Yoshino Takayuki. Never heard of either of them before.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

QuoteBasically you play a 14 year old girl
Wood

gsl

Princess Maker + Mushihimesama would be pedotastic.  Wonder if this is Ikeda's doing? :laugh:

EOJ

My score archive

MX7

It might be quite a funky rhythm action game under the vomit inducing exterior. I don't have any high hopes though.

EOJ

Official site is up (there's a preview vid up as well):

http://ohime.cave.co.jp/

Release date has been pushed to 6/19/2008.
My score archive

Why Ask?

Do you think that this is an attempt, by appealing to casuals, to reap a profit? I mean, it seems more worthwhile for a company like Cave to do this. They do, after all, make games for the ballsiest of hardcore gamers. So they might be doing it to help stay "afloat." Uh, that isn't really the word I should use since they're doing well. But it'll sort of "balance out" with them making hardcore games while publishing more casual ones in between, you know? I don't actually know how well they do in Japan though--just that they do "well enough." Oh yeah, hello to everyone! :P

EOJ

I think it's just an attempt for their crappy console/cellphone division to do something.

Anyone preorder this? I can't bring myself to do it. Watch, there will be some Daifukkatsu mini game in it or something. :P
My score archive

EOJ

Famitsu rating:

7/7/6/6 (26/40)

In case anyone cares.
My score archive

EOJ

According to the handful of Japanese dudes I've found online who bought this game, the game is total crap. Big surprise! :laugh:
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive