Deathsmiles II X [JP X360, May 27th, 2010 | US X360 GoD, May 17th, 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 26, 2010, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Special World

By "counter refill trick" do you just mean canceling all suicide bullets into points when your fever is about to run out, in order to try and fill your gauge back up to 1000 and re-enter fever?

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: Special World on May 18, 2011, 12:27:30 AM
By "counter refill trick" do you just mean canceling all suicide bullets into points when your fever is about to run out, in order to try and fill your gauge back up to 1000 and re-enter fever?

Yep. Until your multiplier is 10k, any suicide bullets you cancel turn into blue rings instead of skulls. You can only obtain skulls my destroying enemies with lock-shot outside of having a 10k multiplier. I wasn't aware of this since it doesn't explicitly mention that you HAVE to have a 10k multiplier to cancel suicide bullets into skulls in the DSII strategy thread.

EOJ

Yep, you need the 10K to keep riding the 1K. ;) Protip: You can also burst up to 10K from power up mode when you're as low as 3K or 4K, if you have enough sperm trackers and time the blue rings properly at the end of power up mode.

This is all Arcade mode talk, of course.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Special World

Describing this game sounds more like prostitution than anything else.

bcass

StarCreator

Quote from: bcass on May 18, 2011, 02:50:12 AM
Does the DLC work with this release?

Yes, it does - everything is identical to the Japanese disc release, just without the disc and the region locking.

bcass

StarCreator

Do you have a PAL 360?  Would love to confirm this works on one - we only know it works on NTSC consoles so far.

bcass

TheSoundofRed

Really loving IIX mode. Got the hang of the IIX scoring and now just need to figure out how to pay attention to blue sperms and regular enemy bullets at the same time. Especially on the Ruins stage. DSII very well be my favorite Cave game  :righton:

jyumi

The scoring is very smooth; jewlery everywhere. I just need to remember that the counter resets every time I get out of power up (I'm spoiled too much by DSMBL).

I'm still in limbo in arrange. I've never had to weave through and cancel so many bullets since ESPgaluda2 Arrange

youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Raiden

Wow. Deathsmiles 2 is much harder and more rewarding. I like it. And thats why 2 is better than 1 (Lol at the reference  :righton:)

I give it a 9/10

Dandy_Sephy

I've still not been able to get a 100m+ score on the first stage with any character  :-[

lam47

Is this correct.

Meanwhile, it seems possible to download this game from anywhere in the world as long as you have an NTSC-J or NTSC-U X360 and a US Xbox live account.

Because I'm in the UK and would quite like not having to use the disc.
Will just have to use some poor souls address to make an account is all.

Just took the time to read the few posts above mine.
Cool!

jheiger

This game really is alot of fun. It seems like th 1cc on level three dificulty is possible too. I died on the last boss last night (made some silly mistakes getting to him). I finished with a score of around 3.5billion. Its nowhere near the top scorers but I can see where the potential is. I wasn't really getting the timing of the refill until towards the last stage. Once i get the 1cc its time to attack the EX Stage, but honestly I am scared of that boss.

Special World

The last boss is deceptively easy. A lot of his bullets will just go right through you. I find the Carnival bosses to be harder, but I still don't think they're too terrible.

ssfsx17

Question on Arrange mode: is there any reason (or reliable method) to keep the Heaven/Hell bar closer to Heaven? It seems like the bar will just always be max-Hell all the time.

EOJ

My score archive

bcass

Was there a title update on or near release?  Maybe it's just that his cache has cleared and he needed to download that again?

EOJ

Quote from: bcass on December 22, 2011, 04:49:20 AM
Maybe it's just that his cache has cleared and he needed to download that again?

It's this. I just checked, and there's no new patch to download. He just re-downloaded the first patch.
My score archive

Daverost

Well that was disappointing. I haven't been able to check on it myself. Oh well. Thanks.

Orochi S

I've been really getting into the arcade mode on this recently - didn't quite appreciate how good it was before! The scoring system is very, very cool  =D

Anyway, I just saw on the Rising Star Games forum that the DeathSmiles II X thread under 'game suggestions' has been moved to 'other Rising Star Games' - an indication of a PAL release, perhaps?

http://www.risingstargames.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

I suppose there's only this and Mushi HD that Rising Star might give a disc release to after Akai Katana? I can't see them going for Ketsui or DOJBLEX...

cstarflare

I've been spending some time with Deathsmiles II myself. I really like the feature where it disables my left shot button when I'm fighting the mansion boss. And the part where I feel really awkward at Lei's ending.

But the other stuff they included is cool too. I really want to break 1 billion and clear, then move on to X Mode.

iconoclast

Quote from: cstarflare on April 09, 2012, 06:46:17 PM
I've been spending some time with Deathsmiles II myself. I really like the feature where it disables my left shot button when I'm fighting the mansion boss. And the part where I feel really awkward at Lei's ending.

But the other stuff they included is cool too. I really want to break 1 billion and clear, then move on to X Mode.

I really, really hate that bug. Sometimes your rapid shot button randomly stops working, or sometimes it'll even change to the laser (most common on the final boss). I wish the port wasn't so sloppy, because the game is so good.

Good luck on 1 billion. I've been meaning to put some time into X-mode as well.