Instant Brain (& Dodonpachi) [JP X360 2011]

Started by EOJ, February 18, 2011, 11:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Announced at the Cave festival. Platform is JP X360.

Promo video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHnveH_dqZ4

Official site:
http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/adventure
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

gsl

EOJ

Promo vid added, and the official site has undergone a total overhaul.

The fact they haven't revealed the platform yet is very suspicious. I can only guess it's a PS3 game or maybe even a PC game. If it were for X360 they'd state that right away...wouldn't they?
My score archive

gsl

Man, those character designs are UGLY.  You'd think they could take a cue from the rest of the genre and put together something a player would actually want to look at. 

Lack of platform is weird, but I'm not sure if that suggests either the title's absence or presence on any of them.  PC and 360 are high on my list as the de facto platforms for ADV games, but not announcing it outright is a bit odd.  iOS, anyone?

EOJ

Yeah, not digging the character designs. And as for "Instant Brain"...it's hard for me to think of a more ridiculous name for a game -- maybe something like "Marshmellow Corndog"?

With that said, I will buy this, play through to the end, and post detailed notes about every facet of it for your reading (dis?)pleasure.
My score archive

emphatic

I like how it's only scantily clad girls, and then when the guy comes up it's INSTANT BRAIN.  :laugh: The promo vid is kind of a joke, no hint of the gameplay at all.

EOJ

Oh it hints at the gameplay alright. Lots of static screens that will have reams of text slapped over for hours on end. Welcome to the wonderful world of Japanese visual novels (truth be told some of these games are actually pretty fun).
My score archive

Midey

Daverost

EOJ

Well, looks like Instant Brain is an X360 game:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Product/INSTANT-BRAIN/1ae29802-1746-477c-8708-87c5a910a776

Maybe it'll be on other platform(s) too, and that's why they didn't announce the platform at the event yesterday? The box art there doesn't have the "only on xbox" logo. The Cero A rating there is puzzling on two levels - 1)it implies the game is nearly finished and 2) judging from the character art I have a hard time believing this game would earn an A ("all ages") rating.
My score archive

ssfsx17

Quote from: EOJ on February 19, 2011, 02:10:32 PM
Well, looks like Instant Brain is an X360 game:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Product/INSTANT-BRAIN/1ae29802-1746-477c-8708-87c5a910a776

Maybe it'll be on other platform(s) too, and that's why they didn't announce the platform at the event yesterday? The box art there doesn't have the "only on xbox" logo. The Cero A rating there is puzzling on two levels - 1)it implies the game is nearly finished and 2) judging from the character art I have a hard time believing this game would earn an A ("all ages") rating.

The Japanese rating system is like the inverse of the ESRB. Check out what else passes for CERO A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Entertainment_Rating_Organization

supergrafx

I found it odd given the name Instant Brain, that the gentleman at the end of the pv is holding what seems to be a loaded weapon towards his own head??????? 

Danza

I play a lot of visual novels and ADVs, but I don't know enough Japanese to be able to really read the untranslated ones fluently at all. Anyways, I'm not sure about the art design at this stage, from what I've seen the PV barely even mentions anything about what the game is actually about. But I'm looking forward to finding out more and hopefully I'll be able to read moonrunes more by the time it is released.

I'm willing to bet it will be either 360 or PC. Umineko bombed pretty hard on PS3 and from what I've read, a lot of these types of devs are a bit worried by that. On the other hand what I think will happen is 360 exclusivity for 12 months then a PC port. I'm fairly sure that is what happens with Steins;Gate and I'm willing to bet that will happen with the Ever17 "remake" for 360 as well.

It sort of gives me a 5pb/Nitro+ type feel, which isn't suprising at all.

skykid

Quote from: supergrafx on February 19, 2011, 06:15:22 PM
I found it odd given the name Instant Brain, that the gentleman at the end of the pv is holding what seems to be a loaded weapon towards his own head??????? 

Instant no brain.  :)
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

MikeNeko

EOJ

My score archive

Midey

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

TimingTripod40

This thing sounds pretty sweet. You think there's any chance of a PC version?

EOJ

My score archive

necpmf

The character design makes this game look like an eroge... without the ero I guess. Hell, even a lot of them don't have outfits that revealing.  :oogle: Mind you I'm judging this solely on the few pictures from this thread.

also
Quote from: ssfsx17 on February 19, 2011, 04:24:20 PM
The Japanese rating system is like the inverse of the ESRB. Check out what else passes for CERO A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Entertainment_Rating_Organization

CERO Z: Foreign Games, Don't Buy These® (edit: damn, didn't notice MadWorld in the examples. Almost all foreign games though, lol)

TimingTripod40

It better be an eroge. Those things sell like hotcakes don't they? It makes sense that a company making such exciting shooter games to make an adventure giving a different kind of excitement.

Blue_Rei

Apparently, on Cave's Online Store, they have a pre-order bonus telecard with the main girl (who's an android) cosplaying as Reco from Mushihimesama. She does fill out that outfit, can't lie.  :righton:

http://www.cave-shop.jp/fs/caveshop/reserve_ib360

EOJ

I've got this preordered, should get it on the release day as I'm in Japan. Anyone else getting it?

I'll post impressions as I play through it. Unless it's total crap, I'll play through to the end, so I should be able to help
people if they can't through it.
My score archive

ssfsx17

The cover totally looks like the guy is thinking "I am gonna bang you all heh heh heh"

EOJ

There's a demo out for JP Gold members (as of 10/10), but as I'm a silver guy, I can't play it. Maybe next week it'll be available for the rest of us.
My score archive

emphatic

Apparently this is Region free. Does this automatically mean that the game will be in English in addition to Japanese?  :oogle:

HVL

Quote from: emphatic on October 16, 2011, 01:49:07 PM
Apparently this is Region free. Does this automatically mean that the game will be in English in addition to Japanese?  :oogle:

Was Futari or Espgaluda II Black Label in English? ^-^