Akai Katana Shin will be Cave's last shooter for 2011

Started by EOJ, March 25, 2011, 03:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Hopefully this statement doesn't also refer to Arcade games:

http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=1235

Personally, I don't think this is such a bad thing, as we have so many Cave shooters to enjoy on the X360 as it is, and it sounds like they have something planned for 2012 as only 2011 was mentioned.

Also, wonder what happened with M2's Dangun Feveron port? Seems to have been done, but then no word about it for months on end, and apparently it's not coming out any time this year either. Weird.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

drunkninja

Maybe they mean internally done stuff (as far as M2's Dangun port goes)?

MikeNeko

That means no ibara + ibara kuro ... bummer (-.-)

Special World

Thank God. I love Cave's games, but give me some time to enjoy them, christ. Here's hoping they use this time to cook up something great.

EOJ

Quote from: drunkninja on March 25, 2011, 03:12:57 PM
Maybe they mean internally done stuff (as far as M2's Dangun port goes)?

In the context, they were referring to games they were planning to release this year. Unless Dangun is released by another publisher, we aren't going to see it this year. Maybe it was cancelled, who knows. A platform was never even announced.
My score archive

Daverost

I really do hope that doesn't include Dangun, but oh well if it does, I guess.

Mel

Hi,

I've been checking this nice site for cave related news, guides and discussions the last few months, and found out it was time to make an user account. :)

Almost by accident i attended the press conference at the cave event in akihabara this february. I had a long conversation with one of the staffmembers/devs about development and platforms. He said that they were happy about how things were turning out with their iphone business, and also said that they were evaluating the arcade marked. I kinda got a feeling that it would have a lesser role in their business (he could of course not say if they were working on a new arcade game).

I hope cave continues to develop games for the arcades even if the marked does get smaller. One thing is fan-service, but i also think it helps building up a kind of mythical hype eventual ports.

EOJ

Thanks for your interesting post, and welcome to the forums.  :)
My score archive

Chempop

I agree with you EOJ, I'd be fine with their 360 catalogue for years and years to come.  Let them take as long as they want on Galuda3 and Mushi3.  I wouldn't mind a proper Ibara release though (XBLA perhaps), I got rid of my PS2 port because I found it rather frustrating.

xris

I'll agree that this break might be a good thing. Holy crap, they dumped so many games out in the last two years, I was really starting to wonder about problems with over-saturation, too much of a good thing and people get jaded, and lose interest. At least this can give me a chance to get a little caught up, there's a game of theirs I've yet to get, and would really like the time to get to know it before moving to the next. There was awhile back when I was happy to get one really good stg a year, now I'm backlogged like a mug!

everlust

Yeah, I'm definitely seeing this as a good thing, when it comes to home conversions that is.

We've seen so many good shooters released in the past few years, and several more just on the horizon.
I'm struggling to decide what to play, and i end up just touching nothing. Which is usual for me, but never really the case with STG releases until recently.