Main Menu

Fast Striker iOS

Started by brentsg, March 27, 2011, 10:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

Fast Striker has been released for iPhone 3GS/4 and iPad.

http://itunes.faststriker.com/

$5

TheSoundofRed

Played a dozen or so credits through Original. I really like the simplicity of the scoring. Great value for the $5.

TonK

- Broken controls
- No flip option
- Clunky interface

Overall pretty boring.

charlienash87

Quote from: TheSoundofRed on March 29, 2011, 05:21:09 PM
Played a dozen or so credits through Original. I really like the simplicity of the scoring. Great value for the $5.

don't you mean $1?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

TonK

Quote from: charlienash87 on April 01, 2011, 10:09:50 AM
Quote from: TheSoundofRed on March 29, 2011, 05:21:09 PM

don't you mean $1?

No, we mean the $5 spent on it less than a week ago.

brentsg

Yeah $5.

I know it's only $4, but fuck them.  I've gone out of my way to purchase all their games but I think that'll be it for me.

Cave does it right.  Reward the early crowd with a sale that has a defined end date.  Don't milk the people that buy during the first few days and then tank the price.

Also, it would be nifty if it had a bit of intelligence and didn't force me to flip my iPad over every time I want to play.

ave

It was a questionable step to reduce the price to 1$ after milking the early crowd with five times that price. Not very rewarding towards the fans... oh dear. What kind of marketing is that? O_o

What do you guys mean by flipping? That the game requires you to play it in "widescreen position"? That's nothing to complain about, or am I missing something here?
東亜プラン4ライフ

brentsg

I keep my iPad orientation locked so it's landscape and I can hit the home button with my left thumb, while mostly typing with my right hand.  I've seen a lot of right handed folks do this.

Fast Striker is upside down like this, and it lacks any intelligence to determine how the device is oriented. 

So the iPad has to be turned 180 degrees to play, then 180 degrees back after.  Not that it matters much.  I deleted it after a couple days.  I'm hoping the MVS version is Bette.  This seemed pretty dull.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Quote from: ave on April 02, 2011, 07:30:30 AM
It was a questionable step to reduce the price to 1$ after milking the early crowd with five times that price. Not very rewarding towards the fans... oh dear. What kind of marketing is that? O_o

It's called price skimming. It's a fairly common marketing technique but usually doesn't have as radical of changes in such a short time. Different people will pay different amounts for the same item and it's an easy way to get the max amount out of everybody. Apple did it pretty hardcore with the initial iPhone release and people got so pissed that they ended up handing out credit to the early buyers. They probably still do it to a certain extent with their new products but I don't pay attention to them.

ave

I played this a couple of days ago on an iPad and I have to say... ugh. That's really a pretty lame conversion. The kinda letterboxed screen is pretty dull. It looks like someone jizzed around with the settings until you realize that this is just the way they wanted you to play it. I just felt the urge to zoom in, but there is no such feature.

The game played like the MVS/DC-version, but touch control sucks. FS 1.0 for MVS motivated me for weeks, but the iOS version was quite a disappointment.
東亜プラン4ライフ