Main Menu

Cave arcade stick art

Started by SomeMist, April 13, 2011, 08:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeMist

Was wondering if there's a place I can find Cave (futari, ketsui, guwange, etc..) art for an arcade stick? Something preferably without a copyright.

I see many sticks with different Cave art but I'm never sure how they go about obtaining it. I'm assuming it's probably user created which wouldn't work too well in my case seeing as I'm not skilled at creating such things...but if there is a source that provides such art that would be incredible.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

(if this thread is in the wrong section feel free to move it!)

Muchi Muchi Spork

If you look around carefully you can find some artwork scans for certain games but maybe not the ones you want. There is no such thing as one without a copyright.

SomeMist

I guess that makes sense. I was thinking of having a place create the art for me, but it might be something I have to put a lot of effort into. Either that or I have to ask a friend to show me how :O

thanks for the reply

Muchi Muchi Spork

I guess it depends on how customized you want it. If you want your joystick to have, for example, arrow directions pointing out around the stick like Street Fighter 2 overlays then someone will have to customize it. If you are just looking for some Cave art in the backdrop, you could take something like a crop from this:

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=5359&image=1

And print it out and have buttons and a joystick coming out. Even if someone customizes it though, it doesn't take away the copyright, but if you are just making it for yourself I wouldn't worry about anything. Photoshop is pretty easy to do basic stuff on I think as well.