Main Menu

Mushihime black label dlc?

Started by Bontakun, May 13, 2011, 01:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bontakun

I have the platium edition.  I notice the black label mode is greyed out.  When i click on that mode, it tells me there is "no available items to purchase at this time".  Why is that?  And what is the black label dlc?  I'm using a JP ID/region.

Special World

I think you have to search for it; go to XBLA and search for "Black Lavel"

It's $15 and allows you to play the Black Label version of the game, which IMO turns Futari into the most perfect shooter ever made. There are a number of tweaks for Original, Maniac, and Ultra (God)

Basically they made each of the game modes slightly easier, but put in a lot of things that give them ridiculous scoring potential. There's also slightly different enemy arrangements, patterns, and palette swaps. If you like playing Futari for score, it's a must have.

Bontakun

I did a search for mushihime in hirogana.  The game is listed but nothing on DLC.

On the side note, JP XBLA has otomedius gorgeous, would I be able to play that if I buy that somehow?

gammelgul

You can purchase it via the website: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/虫姫さまふたり/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802435a07d7

If you login on your Xbox with the same account, it will be downloaded automatically.

Bontakun

Nice thanks!  Bought it with my normal USA ID/region and am able to play it.  :)   But WTH?  Why is Mushihimesama listed in the english marketplace?   ???

What if i went to the JP maketplace site http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/  to buy a game, would I be able to purchase it with my USA ID and would I be able to play it?  I am able to log onto the JP XBLA marketplace, but I don't have the guts to hit the "buy" botton lol

Daverost

You'd have to buy it with a JP account and you'd have to have a way to add points to a Japanese account, like Japanese MS point cards or something. It would be playable for every account on the machine, though.

As for why it's on the English marketplace... *Shrug* I've heard it was MS policy that any game released region-free must have DLC available in all regions for importers (the 1.01 for Mushihimesama Futari was also redeemable in all regions, or so I've been told), but that ended up not being the case for the MMP/PS bonus mode, so who knows?

Bontakun

MMP/PS bonus mode?  You mean the Festival Mode code is not redeemable for us?

njiska

Correct. You must log in with a JP account to redeem it.
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

StarCreator

The Mushihimesama Futari DLC (both the first-press-only 1.01 code and Black Label) can be redeemed on NA gamertags - it makes little sense to buy Black Label on a JP gamertag since the NA points are a lot less expensive.

Sometime between Futari and Pork/Sweets, policies were changed in that all DLC had to go through ESRB and other regional rating boards, making it cost-prohibitive to make the Matsuri mode available worldwide.

Daverost

Quote from: StarCreator on May 13, 2011, 04:04:42 PM
Sometime between Futari and Pork/Sweets, policies were changed in that all DLC had to go through ESRB and other regional rating boards, making it cost-prohibitive to make the Matsuri mode available worldwide.

Mystery solved, thank you. Now I can actually answer someone when they ask that question.

StarCreator

Glad to help.  Here's Cave saying so if you want a verified source.