Ketsui and DDP DOJ BL ports [JP X360]

Started by EOJ, March 04, 2008, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaneda

I think its partly due to japjac`s interview where 5pb made it seem like it was moved to winter 2009, which to most people is end of the year 2009. When I think March, I think Spring.

EOJ

In Japan, releases listed as "winter 200X" are always at the beginning of the year, never at the end. Winter begins on Dec 21st or so, so there's only like 1 week of winter at the end of the year. Nearly 3 months of winter at the beginning.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

innerpattern

Quote from: EOJ on October 21, 2008, 11:51:17 PM
Winter begins on Dec 21st or so, so there's only like 1 week of winter at the end of the year. Nearly 3 months of winter at the beginning.

Lots of people (myself included) seem to forget that little fact.

GaijinPunch

Not hard to remember when you know that February is the coldest month in Japan.  Come here... you will never forget. 

CHR_AeON

According to the latest Famitsu, Ketsui will be released on 01/29/2009!  :righton:

innerpattern

winter started 3 weeks ago here! it's half the year long...summer is the other half.

EOJ

My score archive

adverse

DDPDOJBLEX and probably others will be localized, according to the 5PB rep at the Osaka playtest.

See my shmups post for more impressions of the game here:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?p=415845#415845

charlienash87

Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

adrenalinq

EOJ

Famitsu has revised the release date for Ketsui from 1/29 to sometime in Spring. So it looks like the game is being delayed a few months.

http://www.famitsu.com/review/title/0000/0000/0003/3815/

My score archive

EOJ

Some impressions of the ports on display at the TGS last month from a Japanese guy on 2Ch who has played a lot of DOJ and DOJ BL in the arcades:

DDP:DOJ BL
-The game looks like crap in the upscaled resolution
-The game has the feeling of a poor quality port
-The movement of your ship, as well as the speed of the enemies, feels different from the PCB
-It feels like the same poor quality as the PS2 Mushi port
-There is no need to buy this if you have the PS2 version of DOJ.
-It might be good to buy if you love Black Label or have a lot of money to spend.

Ketsui
-Felt like they displayed it too early, before the game was ready to be displayed
-They stopped showing it about halfway through the day (just turned off the monitor)
-In its current state, it didn't feel like it had been finely tuned yet.
-Still has hope for a good port here, but has little hope for DOJ BL since the release is less than 2 months away

My score archive

Sonic R

Awesome!  I cannot wait to get these games!

DDPDOJBLX sounds just like my cup of tea  :righton:

adverse

I'm going to have a chance to play Ketsui this weekend so I'll let folks know what I think about it. 

hermosaguy

Now I wonder if that will affect the Death Smiles spring release as well.

Quote from: EOJ on November 09, 2008, 04:07:17 AM
Famitsu has revised the release date for Ketsui from 1/29 to sometime in Spring. So it looks like the game is being delayed a few months.

http://www.famitsu.com/review/title/0000/0000/0003/3815/

Icarus

Quote from: Sonic R on November 11, 2008, 10:55:20 PM
Awesome!  I cannot wait to get these games!

DDPDOJBLX sounds just like my cup of tea  :righton:

What? Crap? Shoddy? Looking like it could be the worst Cave port in years?
Did you read the post above yours? While they have plenty of time to fix things at the moment (especially since they've just delayed Ketsui), if they don't get some serious testing done between now and release, you're going to be more disappointed than happy.

I can imagine the amount of scathing feedback if Ketsui Extra is released at anything less than Arika-class quality.

Plasmo

I'm quite sure Sonic R was being ironic. I had a good laugh reading his comment =D.
Also: Playing a crap port for $60 is better than playing the PCB for $1000.
Arika ports were beyond awesome, we can not expect something like that ever again.

EOJ

Well, for Ketsui, if they add in the scanline mode like they're doing in the new RFA patch released tomorrow, then I think it might be pretty good. I know the guy at 5pb doing these ports is good friends with the guys who did the RFA port and the RIV port. As long as 5pb doesn't majorly fuck up any part of the stages/enemy patterns/bosses/scoring it should be OK. The delay is a good sign IMO, more time for them to polish it up.

I have both games preordered, so whatever, I'll give them a go. If they're crap you can always sell them and get most of your money back.
My score archive

EOJ

Thread is closed. I've opened up separate threads for each game, which you should use from now on.
My score archive