Espgaluda II and DDP Resurrection to be released on Android

Started by Daverost, October 19, 2011, 03:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daverost

I noticed today that the newest update renamed iPhone Mode to Smartphone Mode in DDP.

EDIT: Sure enough, seems like it's that way for every game.

HVL

I was expecting new stuff, not the same thing over and over again. What a disappointment.

Daverost

Speaking of their Facebook, the new entry is a little interesting. Akai Katana announcement maybe? I don't really know anything about whatever event that is.

EDIT: Well, one of the new ones. The one from Rising Star.

firenze

Quote from: HVL on October 21, 2011, 01:52:51 PM
I was expecting new stuff, not the same thing over and over again. What a disappointment.

Well, to be fair it's sort of silly to expect people to pick a new phone service plan/provider/phone just to get a game.  Android and iPhone for most people are mutually exclusive options - most people are not going to have two different phone service plans and cell phones (I personally have an Android as my personal phone and a work iPhone 4S, but I realize I'm in the tiny minority).  It would be awfully infuriating for someone to pick an iPhone and then realize that, say, Futari mobile was only available on Androids.

And yea, I realize that iPods also play games and don't require a service contract, so they are an alternative to an iPhone with a multi-year service contract (and I played my Cave games on an iPod Touch before I recently got my work iPhone).  Androids don't have that option though, so no way to get the Android games without actually paying for phone service that people may not want/need. 

StarCreator

Quote from: firenze on November 03, 2011, 02:16:34 PM
Android and iPhone for most people are mutually exclusive options

I have an Android phone and an iPad 2.  And you can just as easily own an iPhone and a Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab, or one of the dozens of other Android tablets out there.