What are some good Arcade shops in the Akihabara area?

Started by SpiralSage, October 22, 2011, 12:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpiralSage

I'm in the area for a few days and I haven't had much luck finding a PCB shop.

I found this a while ago, but I'm not sure how old this page is.

http://www.mailnet.co.uk/~mike/japan.html

Does anyone here have any recommendations of places that they've been to? I'd really like to pick up a PCB while I'm here..

also side question: Do the Cave offices in Shinjuku have like a shop in them or something?

supabok

If you're in the Akiba area then definitely check out
http://www.mak-jp.com/

They've got tons of boards and most of the cave stuff last I was there(like 2 weeks ago).
Hard to give directions but just note that they're on the 5th floor and not on the main street but just off of it.
There's a video on youtube on how to get there.
good luck ;)

SpiralSage

Thanks! I was able to find Mak with that video. Really cool store. I was on the verge of buying Ibara but they made it sound like it was a reproduction.

Stumbled across another place accidentally called G-Front a block further in a build that was getting some construction done. They had a DeathSmiles pcb for like 260 bucks which sounded pretty neat but it seemed like it was also a reproduction.

Being fairly new at this scene, I'm not sure if that was a good or bad thing.  :-[

ookitarepanda

A reproduction board?  ???

Maybe the arts were repro copied. Deathsmiles PCB for $260 would have been worth it.

G-front is pretty well known. They do a lot of sales on Yahoo Japan auctions. Some people have had bad experiences with them when it comes to long distance deals but I haven't heard much about their actual store.

SpiralSage

Quote from: ookitarepanda on October 23, 2011, 07:27:41 PM
A reproduction board?  ???

Maybe the arts were repro copied. Deathsmiles PCB for $260 would have been worth it.

G-front is pretty well known. They do a lot of sales on Yahoo Japan auctions. Some people have had bad experiences with them when it comes to long distance deals but I haven't heard much about their actual store.

welp, looks like I'll be going back

ookitarepanda

If they have two, let me know  :righton:

See if you can find out what they mean about reproduction. I, for one, haven't heard of an SH3 board being bootlegged. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility, but Mak and G-front wouldn't do that kind of thing as far as I know.

SpiralSage

So I went back and they explained to me that it was 20,000 yen for the cabinet that just happened to be displaying DeathSmiles. Whoops.

:-[