Main Menu

Under Defeat HD [JP X360/ PS3]

Started by EOJ, October 31, 2011, 02:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ty

Got mine this morning (from VGI). It's worth noting that you can't download/watch replays from the leaderboards. (Can't read japanese so correct me if I'm wrong, but I couldn't find a way to do it).

EDIT: Change console settings to widescreen to get fullscreen arcade mode. (X360)

Out of interest what does the 'Horizontal' option change? Messed about with it a little but it didn't seem to do anything. EDIT: Horizontal changes the controls in tate, so you can play it as a pure hori. No idea why you'd want to do that, but yeah, it's there.

Orochi S

Glad to hear that New Order mode is pretty good - I was buying this mainly for the arcade mode, but having two great versions of the game would be wonderful. My copy is on its way, but still not arrived...  :'(

EOJ

New Order is the main reason to buy this. I like it better than Arcade, though I hear the arcade port has some minor problems. I had to download a patch the first time I booted it up, I wonder what that fixed...
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

The second boss is epic on New Order mode.  It's great having the additional space to move while picking it apart.

Orochi S

Game finally arrived (xbox version) - it's wonderful! So pleased with it. Arcade mode is just as good as I remember. Had a couple of tries on New Order mode, but I think I need a bit more time to get used to it. At the moment when I play it feels like I can't see far enough ahead...

Overall, I think they've done a super job. Hope Border Down gets similar treatment  :)

supabok

@Orochi...Border Down is being released as well???!!

Orochi S

Quote from: supabok on February 28, 2012, 02:02:55 PM
@Orochi...Border Down is being released as well???!!

Sorry - should have said 'I hope Border Down gets released and gets similar treatment'! I have heard rumours that if UD sells well GRev will release Border Down too - just talk on Shmups Forum, so don't know if there's any truth in it. I hope there is!

supabok

Quote from: Orochi S on February 28, 2012, 05:08:52 PM
Sorry - should have said 'I hope Border Down gets released and gets similar treatment'! I have heard rumours that if UD sells well GRev will release Border Down too - just talk on Shmups Forum, so don't know if there's any truth in it. I hope there is!
I hope there is too! I'll support 'em ;)

emphatic

Finally got some time to have a quick credit (360 version) in my cabinet. Game looks great and bullets feels a bit faster than the DC version. Too bad about the finicky settings to get it fullscreen, but not a deal-breaker IMHO.

Dazzyman

Just finally opened mine (birthday pressie 2 weeks ago) after being stuck in hospital with heart probs.  really like the new mode :). How do u unlock the new extra mode as its greyed out?

Btw first post on here but known around and love me vert shmups, have 13 shmups just for me JPN 360 (not including live purchases)

EOJ

They released a new grey helicopter ship as DLC today on XBLA, for 400 MS points. Should come to PSN soon too. I bought it and tried it out and I really like it. For me, it's better than the original ship. You have diagonal side shots in addition to your main front shot, and the option items now change your main shot, rather than adding a secondary charge shot. Cool stuff.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Van_Artic