DoDonPachi

Started by Geeb, March 18, 2008, 07:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROMETHEUS

I guess I no miss no bomb the 2-3 boss about 30% of the time, bomb 40% and die 30%. Something like that.

I actually did a couple of runs that no missed no bomb to 2-6 boss except for a miss at 2-2 for example, so that would have scored around 600M, and a couple others with just a mistake in 2-5 that could have scored around 550M otherwise. It's a shame I didn't reach my goal in the end but I refuse to waste anymore time playing those easy boring stages in loop 1 over and over just to get a bigger number as a score @_@ Perhaps I will change my mind one day but right now my motivation is nearly zero :p

Geeb

Thought you said A was bad.

PROMETHEUS

Some fun runs with replays :

PROMETHEUS - 148,277,600 - B-L - 2-6 - 473
Replay recorded with wolfmameplus99, Japanese Dodonpachi.
That's a B-L run trying to follow the A-L routes. Kind of works, kind of not :p Adapt, bomb or die !

PROMETHEUS - 144'545'270 - C-S - 2-7 - 395
Replay recorded with wolfmameplus99, Japanese Dodonpachi.
This one is nearly full improvisation. A lot of dodging, since all stages get a lot harder when improvised through. Also very nice bomb usage, and ends after some nice dodging at Hibachi.

lowemark

might as well add this, aiming for the 1-ALL at the moment.

lowemark - 33,340,880 - 1-6 - C-S - 188

battle gregor

got this a while back

cjm-58,881,090-C-S-2-2-389

jpj

love the initials you put in when you have a bad run  ;)

battle gregor

it helps relieve the frustration  =D 

PROMETHEUS

Geeb

Geeb - 19.307.910 - 1-5 - B-S - 182

Haha... yeah.

PROMETHEUS

and I just beat my scooore >.<!!

PROMETHEUS - 505'740'390 - A-L - ALL - 835

Download Replay File
Download Wolfmameplus99 - to play it back
Download ddonpchj - addon required

oh my god ! A beautiful run, first bomb in 2-4, a no miss no bomb in 2-5, ended the run with 2 spare lives after a pretty kick-ass Hibachi fight and my score goes over 500M.

Thanks again to everyone who encouraged me!

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

zlk

Nice play Prometheus!

Since you like to play with the keyboard, maybe you can try to win one of the bounties I am sponsoring at marp:

http://forums.marpirc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14510

PROMETHEUS

ooops, I thought it was dodonpachi and not donpachi for the first bounties.

too bad, would have been a piece of cake to get in that case :p

I love the idea of bounties but I'm not going to invest hours in Donpachi, which I don't like, for a mere 200$ ! :p
Thank you for doing this though.

Ltc

LtC - 98'539'130 - C-L - 2-4 - 596

drboom

Not exactly killing it yet, but figured I should start somewhere. Haven't played this in a long time, thought I might give it a shot, get back into playing it.

drboom - 16,539,960 - C-S - 1-5 - 174

PROMETHEUS

Dodonpachi run commented on French TV !
Check out the story there : http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30706&start=0

KOMA

i watched it on live,it was supercool.  :righton:

drboom

Older score, but I'm working on the clear. I can routinely make it to the 6th stage, but keep making stupid mistakes.
drboom - 29,915,570 - C-S - 1-6 - 262

drboom

Sorry for the double post, but just had to say - amazing 505mil run PROMETHEUS! I watched the inp and would love to have a converted format for this for posterity.

Amazing, just amazing.  :o =D

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: drboom on April 01, 2010, 10:05:26 AM
Sorry for the double post, but just had to say - amazing 505mil run PROMETHEUS! I watched the inp and would love to have a converted format for this for posterity.

Amazing, just amazing.  :o =D

Thank you drboom! There is no video for this run yet, I'm too lazy to record one myself, and I don't know exactly how to do that well either. Should definitely do it though. In the mean time, JCK did make a video of my previous score which was pretty close (488M) : http://www.arcade-extreme.com/post/DoDonPachi-2-ALL-by-Prometheus.aspx

drboom

Oh yeah - I already got that one!  :righton:

drboom

Geeb - you missed my last high score - but here's a new one:

drboom - 34,595,940 - C-S - 1-6 - 173

Been able to get to the last boss of the first loop almost every run - just haven't had a good enough run to take him out. Still learning stages 5 and 6.

drboom

...and finally the 1cc.

drboom - 41,587,830 - C-S - 1-All - 226

spl

Nice work drboom.

I hope I can get the 1cc soon also. Keep getting stuck on stage 5!! Is it just me or is stage 5 much much harder than stage 6?????

PROMETHEUS

They're about the same difficulty once you've learned how to deal with them. That 2nd half of Stage 5 isn't as hard when you know how to deal with it, with good timings.

Good work and good luck!

drunkninja

Got this a while back, figure I might as well post it up here.

drunkninja - 41,431,510 - C-S - 1-All - 167