Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third_strike

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on January 03, 2010, 01:24:18 PM

... To be honest, I think all Cave games require a insane amount of luck to beat the WR at... They reward skill but punish very, very severely the simplest mistakes and put huge scoring differences for a small improvement...
If you try other games than CAVE you will see this is one reality for any game, even HotDog Storm.
Cool!

PROMETHEUS

Yeah a lot of arcade games are like that. But not all games are arcade.

Third_strike

Quote from: PROMETHEUS on January 03, 2010, 05:39:27 PM
Yeah a lot of arcade games are like that. But not all games are arcade.
Well, I am saying about Shmups games.
Cool!

adverse

Did anyone not get a 1.01 card?  If so, PM me, I have an extra one.  First come, first served.

adverse

PM sent to necpmf.  Sorry to others who PMed me!

Hive

Quote from: adverse on January 03, 2010, 07:20:32 PM
Sorry to others who PMed me!

no worries  ;)

but you really should reply to the first PM i sent a couple weeks ago~
Hive's "Colorphiles" Blog:  http://colorphiles.blogspot.com/

pixeljunkie

Quote from: EOJ on January 03, 2010, 02:48:22 PM
Quote from: AKraten on December 30, 2009, 02:01:44 PM
is there a black label 2.0 of this pcb?

No.

This is interesting. I just ordered a MFBL from Legend and received an email saying they were told to send back all MFBL PCBs to Cave Japan for upgrades to 2.0 and asked if I wanted 1.5 or wait until they get their 2.0 boards back.

Of course I said I would wait. I just got an email saying they should have them back on hand tomorrow, and will send to me as soon as its tested. Very interested to see what this is all about. Is it a full on "2.0" or is it just an update?

AKraten

emphatic

Quote from: AKraten on January 11, 2010, 10:15:00 AM
oh man a rev of Black label!

With added slowdowns to match the 360 port. :D

antares

brentsg

That's pretty odd.  I can't see wasting resources on a MFBL PCB update at this point in time where stock levels are nil in the marketplace.

I wonder if they will do a new print run of the kit?

EOJ

Doesn't make any sense. If it were different in any way, the Japanese would be talking about it online, and Cave would have announced it. But there is zero talk about any of this.

It could only be a bug-fixed upgrade, but I never encountered any bugs in the original, so it would be insignificant. Check the master ver string when you boot up. If it says "2.0", then that will be interesting. If it's the same string, then it's the same damn game.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

AKraten

I hope they add the UO Poko cat like in Fever sos
im just saying  ^-^

emphatic

On a more serious note: Perhaps they've noticed (from service records) that some of the SH3 boards' parts are failing that they'd rather switch out batch-style before more units are sold and they call that 2.0? I know that there's different hardware versions out there for Ibara for example, so this might a likely theory/case for MFBL as well?

EOJ

Ah, I just remembered there was a bug in the game that was pretty serious - it could cause the stage 2 boss to not appear in God mode, forcing you to reset the game. It happened if you triggered a lot of gems on the last big enemies before the stage 2 boss. I never experienced it myself, but GP did, and I read various Japanese guys commenting about it.

My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: emphatic on January 11, 2010, 06:10:45 PM
On a more serious note: Perhaps they've noticed (from service records) that some of the SH3 boards' parts are failing that they'd rather switch out batch-style before more units are sold and they call that 2.0? I know that there's different hardware versions out there for Ibara for example, so this might a likely theory/case for MFBL as well?

Except (knock on wood) I've never heard of SH3 boards failing.

EOJ

SH3 boards can break/fail. I know quite a few that have. I don't think this would be a reason they would upgrade the software (or hardware), though. If so, it would be a recall across all PCBs out there, not just the ones being sold 'brand new' right now.
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on January 11, 2010, 06:29:15 PM
SH3 boards can break/fail. I know quite a few that have. I don't think this would be a reason they would upgrade the software (or hardware), though. If so, it would be a recall across all PCBs out there, not just the ones being sold 'brand new' right now.

What are the typical failures when the SH3's give it up?

EOJ

Some people have had graphic or sound glitches appear. Most of the time it just doesn't boot up anymore. Happened to me with a few boards. You can tell because the red LED on the PCB either doesn't light up when you try to boot up the game, or it blinks over and over.

You can get them fixed, but it's a $300 repair to send it into Cave (not AMI), when all is said and done. Cave always did the fixes, and that's particularly clear now that AMI is out of business.
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on January 11, 2010, 06:34:29 PM
Some people have had graphic or sound glitches appear. Most of the time it just doesn't boot up anymore. Happened to me with a few boards. You can tell because the red LED on the PCB either doesn't light up when you try to boot up the game, or it blinks over and over.

You can get them fixed, but it's a $300 repair to send it into Cave (not AMI), when all is said and done. Cave always did the fixes, and that's particularly clear now that AMI is out of business.

I saw that GP mentioned AMI's issues.  OT I guess but who's distributing DFK BL?

EOJ

A company called Annex. Look for the new Cave/Annex boxes to become quite the collector's item. ;)
My score archive

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on January 11, 2010, 06:38:44 PM
A company called Annex. Look for the new Cave/Annex boxes to become quite the collector's item. ;)

As long as the buttboy that fills the soda machines at Cave autographs mine I will be happy.

GaijinPunch

I still don't know why Cave doesn't publish themselves.

KOMA

No proper RGB signal on my Mushil,the blue signal is missing,it appeared all of sudden.

pixeljunkie

Quote from: EOJ on January 11, 2010, 06:38:44 PM

Just got my MFBL kit today. Box just says Cave, no AMI logo. Ver. 11/27/2009, title screen reads "Another Version" over the logo.

EOJ

Wow. Color me surprised. Could you post pics? Notice any difference in the game itself?

Gaijinpunch, you need to get on this.

Actually, I'll open a new thread for it.
My score archive