Mushihime-sama Futari Black Label

Started by EOJ, December 09, 2007, 06:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fu

Quote from: EOJ on January 24, 2008, 08:51:22 PM
There is an Original mode 2bil ALL with Palm via this link (the player is RLF):

http://karinto.mine.nu/ulink/uploader/

The file is NO16243, the password is krms.

However, I have been unable to get the page to load for the past 2 days. Anyone successful on this?
Would love to see a 2bil run.
Hello.
GaijinPunch, could you reupload this file ? You had done it on rapidshare and it no longer works due to a lack of download in 30 days.

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SinHo

Mushihimesama Futari Black Label Ver. 1.5 ... 1.5?!?

EOJ

What are you talking about? The typo on Legend's newest sale list? It's just Futari Black Label.
My score archive

EOJ

This game has been counterstopped at 9,999,999,999 in DOUBLE PLAY God mode:

http://moemoebob.blog98.fc2.com/blog-entry-46.html

My score archive

GaijinPunch

Holy dog shit... uh... what am I missing about double play?  Do the scores combine?

EOJ

You can basically have one character at full x30,000 multiplier through the whole stage, while the other character absorbs all the gems and gets all the points. It's non-stop scoring.
My score archive

antares

Hi, first post here, great site EOJ  :righton:

Does Double Play mean this guy played both sides (how could this even be possible in God mode :o ) or did he achieve this with the help of another player?

I'd really like to see a video of this.

GaijinPunch

Ah... that's prety cool... and stupid at the same time. :)

croikle

antares

zlk

Those are very impressive double play videos.  :righton:

EOJ

HOLY SHIT. 6.00 bil WR ALL clear run (w/palm) by ZAP has been upped on Nico Douga. FINALLY we can see how the pros are getting the crazy high scores! :o :o :o :o

St1: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8831802
St2: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8831853
St3: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8831887
St4: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8831930
St5: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8831970
St5 Boss: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8832016

Pretty amazing run, but after watching it he (or someone else) could get 6.20+bil. The problem is he dies near the end of stage 5 with 5 lives and 6 bombs in stock. He gets through the last boss with only one bomb, for an end bonus of 80mil (4x2x10). If he got to the boss with a no miss and used one bomb, he also would have been able to fight Spiritual Larsa. If he got through that fight with one death (he could use 5 bombs), his end bonus would be 240mil (4x3x10x2), plus extra points from beating each phase of the boss. I'm not sure if he'll go through the trouble for a perfect run, though.

I'm currently uploading the whole run in a RAR file to megaupload. Will post the link as soon as it's finished.
My score archive

adverse

So can we assume that this is ZAP?

Excellent, excellent play.  Thanks for posting this up.

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

Megalixir

I can't wait to flex my muscles in God mode. Oh wait, BL doesn't come out the same time as the game... :(

Xerexus

Forgive my noobish questions, however I just got this game for xbox 360 and don't know much about it. I see that Black Label is unavailable at the moment, and that it will be available in the future. But a few things I'm wondering about Black Label and the game itself...

1. What's the difference between the difficulty in God mode BL vs Ultra mode ver1.5?

2. I've looked at the leaderboards for score attack and found a guy who made it to S5Boss 3, which is the true last boss stage 2 I guess. Is there anything past this boss if someone 1cc's it? Has anyone done it?

Thanks guys,

Xer

EOJ

God mode is much, MUCH easier than Ultra mode. In fact, ver 1.01 Maniac mode is harder than Black Label God mode. See the strategy section for full details on Black Label.

Yes, people have 1CC'd Ultra mode. After the last TLB you just get a 1CC. It's the hardest 1-loop Cave game mode ever made.
My score archive

Xerexus

Ah thanks,

So for those determined individuals who managed to 1 CC'd ultra mode, what's next for them? They shoot for a higher score? What's the WR for Ultra mode?

I'm also curious as to what you think would be the most difficult accomplishment (or score) in any CAVE game.

Thanks,

Xer

RAR

Quote from: Xerexus on November 29, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
What's the WR for Ultra mode?

fufufu! ? Ultra ? Reco ? 3.999.999.999 (Counter stop)
Dame K.K ? Ultra ? Palm ? 3.999.999.999 (Counter stop)

Xerexus

Does Black Label have a counter stop?

So what do the pros do after they beat ultra with counter-stop?

Plasmo

QuoteDoes Black Label have a counter stop?

No.

QuoteSo what do the pros do after they beat ultra with counter-stop?

The Pros are only two people and maybe in 10 years we have 2 more who get the counter stop. After they get it they stop playing the game.

croikle

Black Label's God Mode counterstops at 9,999,999,999, but this is only reachable in double play. The record for a normal game is a hair over 6B.

AKraten

is there a black label 2.0 of this pcb?

emphatic

Quote from: Xerexus on November 29, 2009, 05:41:28 PMI'm also curious as to what you think would be the most difficult accomplishment (or score) in any CAVE game.

How about clearing Futari Ultra with minimal points (i.e. not shooting much at all)?

pixeljunkie

Quote from: AKraten on December 30, 2009, 02:01:44 PM
is there a black label 2.0 of this pcb?

I can't find AAANNNNYYYY info on this. Really anxious to find out though  >:D

PROMETHEUS

Quote from: Xerexus on November 29, 2009, 05:41:28 PM
I'm also curious as to what you think would be the most difficult accomplishment (or score) in any CAVE game.

I think you can make an incredible difficult challenge by trying to break the WR on any Cave game, but it doesn't mean it will take take as much skill or be as interesting as other challenges, there will always be a luck factor and it can get huge on some games. I think the most rewarding and difficult in terms of skill would be ULTRA counter stop in futari.

Easier games like.. most other Caves, are incredibly difficult to beat the WR at, but because they take less skill there is a larger luck factor to beat the WR because the best players make less difference in score with their skill. Which means you will need an incredibly lucky run to succeed and beat the WR (good example of that : Dodonpachi. Luck importance depends on how much luck influences your score though.). The luck factor is still there in a game that takes more skill, but your skill makes more difference so luck's importance decreases. That's my view on high level play.

If you play a very very simple game such as rock paper scissors for instance, there is still skill because it's impossible to choose one of the three choices totally at random, so you have to try and guess what the other is thinking and anticipate his choices. But this is very limited so luck plays a huge, huge part. Breaking the WR at rock paper scissors could consist in making the greatest number of consecutive wins, and it would take little skill and a lot of luck. Some games may have a decreased luck factor though, this make them easier to be great at / approach the WR, if they involve little skill.

To be honest, I think all Cave games require a insane amount of luck to beat the WR at. I think it's wanted by the developpers in an attempt to get the players to play the largest number of runs as possible and make more money with the game in Arcades. They reward skill but punish very, very severely the simplest mistakes and put huge scoring differences for a small improvement. As good as players can get, there is little they can ever do about certain type of mistakes. We just aren't accurate enough to consistently succeed at the hardest challenges, and randomization changes the scoring opportunities and difficulty / feasibility in each run too. So the luck factor is huge.

EOJ

My score archive