Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Cave 2012, ARCADE]

Started by joeks, December 21, 2011, 02:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVL

CAVE will port it to a platform they deem most suitable. The Xbox 360 has given us so much that it's really selfish to pester CAVE to stick with it.

If you don't like it, you can always buy the PCB.

Let_It_Be

As much as I would like it to be ported to the 360 I also understand that Cave probably wants to port their games to a console that is not dead in their home country.

Fu-ZAN

Aren't the world record for this game coming soon on Arcadia ?

EOJ

They'll be in the August issue, which will be out at the end of June.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Fu-ZAN

EOJ

My score archive

EOJ

B-EX destroying stage 3:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17686115

No miss, only one autobomb on the boss. Ends the stage with nearly 4bil. Plays most of Stage 3 at rank 10-15 which looks like Ultra mode level to me. Ends the boss battle at Rank 18.

Next is another video of B-EX, showing the last two phases of Stage 5 boss. No miss, no bomb. No TLB. Not sure if the whole run was on 1 credit or not, though.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17683764
My score archive

TonK

Game is really fun!

Large hit box.. I got tagged on things that I normally pass through.

Music is actually cool. I have the distortion as well.

It's a rush.. I haven't laughed so hard at myself since Ketsui.

Stage 1 and 2 are warm ups - then 3 just makes your balls ache.

Only 3 credits in. Made it to the stage 3 boss, lol.

This feels like a DonPachi game.

Back to learning. Will be a while before I think about score.

MikeNeko

AAwww, you actually got it ! nice...

I am surprised by the large hitbox thing... i guess they made a proper check on big bullets for this game... a first since.. err... since ever ? xD
The faster RAM really seems to shake around the old habits.

I wonder... what about 2P slowdowns ? Are they much increased ? I don t remember seeing a 2 players footage of saidaioujou.

Lunchbox

Quote from: eojx9999 on April 30, 2012, 01:45:14 AM
Next is another video of B-EX, showing the last two phases of Stage 5 boss.

Pretty hardcore stuff  :oogle:
No arcades in Spain.

Icarus

Quote from: eojx9999 on April 30, 2012, 01:45:14 AM
B-EX destroying stage 3:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17686115
No miss, only one autobomb on the boss. Ends the stage with nearly 4bil. Plays most of Stage 3 at rank 10-15 which looks like Ultra mode level to me. Ends the boss battle at Rank 18.

Nice find, thanks for the share. Very clever run as well, exploiting the hyper system to get quick and multiple recharges through the use of timed cancels. I reckon the very high level scores will use this not just in stages where possible (st3 and 5 seem the best places for it), but on midbosses and bosses as well. Shame he lost the huge chain by autobomb on the boss, though.

TheSoundofRed

Quote from: Icarus on April 30, 2012, 04:29:21 PMShame he lost the huge chain by autobomb on the boss, though.

I think the hit count was 11k+ at the autobomb, but was 6.5K when the boss was downed. Pretty interesting, although keeping the chain through the boss would've been amaaazing.

I'm afraid to see what stages past 3 might be like during rank 20 or higher. Seriously devious game, but looks so fun!

A47A47

A player by the name of SSSfake uploaded this picture.

http://photozou.jp/photo/show/529649/132846436

> Area 5-陽

"陽(hi)" means "sun".

Kaneda

moozooh

<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

EOJ

My score archive

Sapz

:o Yessssssssss. Can't wait for a vid.

The most interesting thing is that it's not using Expert - I guess that means we can expect two different versions of Hibachi.

Naut

Van_Artic

oh god this is awesome
either 2nd loop or ura route!!

edit: how could i miss this one from pikkorro's tweets, almost 10bil score!

http://twitpic.com/9enuhg

adverse

He mentions on twitter that getting all the bees is not a condition since he missed some in Stage 5.

Looking at his score, I'm going to guess the requirement is lives remaining-related. Will we see 闇 (dark) as well...?

Icarus

Quote from: adverse on May 01, 2012, 01:20:00 PM
Looking at his score, I'm going to guess the requirement is lives remaining-related. Will we see 闇 (dark) as well...?

The majority of replays I've seen have at least two or three misses leading up to the stage 5 boss. So my guess is:

- no miss, bees missed = sun
- no miss, all bees = moon/dark/whatever
- no miss, all bees, stupidly high rank - TLB

Either that, or it's a mix of lives, bombs and rank.

eckart

Counterstop..

Just got response from fujita:

We are sorry you have problem.
Cave told us to tell you that they will replacement as soon as
received it from you.

I will send the pcb back to japan. Realy not know if it wise, but payed so much for this pcb..-it has to be 100% ok.

- Anybody notize the missing sound of an explosion in level three, btw?

SFN

陽蜂

陽 is also yang, isn't it ? There's probably a yin somewhere in there too.

A47A47

Quote from: SFN on May 01, 2012, 03:41:40 PM
陽蜂

陽 is also yang, isn't it ? There's probably a yin somewhere in there too.

Yes. I'm sorry that I'm not familier with chinese words.

In Japanese, the kanji of 陽 reads "hi(sun)" and "you(yang)(positive)".
The antonym of 陽 is 陰, which reads "kage(shadow)" and "in(yin)(negative)"

All the true-last-bosses of Dodonpachi series are named hibachi, so I think that 陽 is "hi", not "you(yang)".

SFN

Quote from: A47A47 on May 01, 2012, 03:51:49 PMAll the true-last-bosses of Dodonpachi series are named hibachi
Strangely enough, the TLB theme doesn't seem to be hibachi or a variation of it this time around.

Quote from: A47A47 on May 01, 2012, 03:51:49 PMso I think that 陽 is "hi", not "you(yang)".
A wordplay for hibachi makes sense, although it could also be a loop naming scheme. I doubt the latter though, given the score. What did that player see at the end of his run ?

Fu-ZAN

Quote from: SFN on May 01, 2012, 04:14:02 PM
A wordplay for hibachi makes sense, although it could also be a loop naming scheme. I doubt the latter though, given the score. What did that player see at the end of his run ?
He only says he didn't record his run on the link.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Quote from: eckart on May 01, 2012, 03:21:50 PM
Counterstop..

Just got response from fujita:

We are sorry you have problem.
Cave told us to tell you that they will replacement as soon as
received it from you.

I will send the pcb back to japan. Realy not know if it wise, but payed so much for this pcb..-it has to be 100% ok.

- Anybody notize the missing sound of an explosion in level three, btw?

Is this still about the sound or is there a counterstop score bug? Nothing I've heard sounds close to as bad as Deathsmiles or DSMBL. They will probably swap the board for another one and ship you one with the same issue.

eckart

No no, only the sound issue. Notized a missing explosion sound on level three, also.

Didn`t know that Deathsmiles has the sound problems, too.
Hmm, better hold the pcb now i guess..