Author Topic: Mushihimesama HD [X360]  (Read 21843 times)

Offline moozooh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
Re: Mushihimesama HD [X360]
« Reply #300 on: May 30, 2012, 06:44:06 PM »
From what I understand, he lures the spawn points to one side of the screen, then waits until they spread out, goes to the other side of the screen, and clears the bullets by a bomb while hugging the opposite wall. As the pattern continues, some of the spawn points remain offscreen where they don't spawn new bullets.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

Offline twoup

• Maniac Member
« Reply #301 on: May 30, 2012, 11:22:43 PM »
I'm enjoying this but I wish it had the ps2 arrange soundtrack, it's the same feeling I had with the DOJ port, awful arrange music compared to the ps2 version. In fact all the Arrange soundtracks in Cave games I've heard this gen haven't done much for me, the cleaner and more real the instruments sound the worse off it is IMO. I didn't mind the Mushi 1.5 one since it's a bit more lo-fi and dirty. Seems trivial but in a game with chaining I'll play over and over the music helps me remember when stuff's coming up.

Anyway time to mess around with those rapid fire options. It's been great revisiting this game, forgot quite a lot but it's slowly coming back.

Offline Chempop

• Maniac Member
« Reply #302 on: May 31, 2012, 01:20:16 AM »
I can not for the life of me get my counter over half a million on stages 2 & 3 (1.5 maniac).  Ending my credit with barely 1bil is humiliating knowing that it is 1/10 of the counterstop.  Maybe I'll just stick with playing for survival in MAX mode  :mad:

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #303 on: May 31, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
This sold 5,135 copies its first week, according to Media Create. And people wonder why Cave is stopping retail games. No one buys them anymore!
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline Monouchi

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Ultra Member
    • Taito Station .SE
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »
This sold 5,135 copies its first week, according to Media Create. And people wonder why Cave is stopping retail games. No one buys them anymore!

:(

I thought that number was going to be higher.

Offline MikeNeko

• Maniac Member
« Reply #305 on: May 31, 2012, 11:19:07 AM »
As always these are from a numbers of limited retail stores, and extrapolated using their marketshare to get an idea of the nationwide sales.
For small print niche games this is not accurate in my opinion since the chains might not bother asking for them to the supplier :)

It s sad to see that kind of chart anyway; but low print and very small ad campaign cannot equal big sales~

Offline adverse

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Ultra Member
  • BULLETS TURN TO GOLD
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2012, 11:37:58 AM »
Not to mention it doesn't include figures from Amazon and other online retailers which are major players in the 360 market as it slowly dies at retail.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #307 on: May 31, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
Yeah, I've said before you need to at least double the media create numbers to include the online sales it excludes. Even so, the sales are pretty low.
My score archive

Offline Special World

• Maniac Member
« Reply #308 on: May 31, 2012, 09:16:50 PM »
If I may ask- what is counterbanking?

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #309 on: May 31, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »
Slowly tapping shot on midbosses and large enemies. It adds the value of the child counters to the main counter, allowing the main counter to increase much faster than just holding shot or autofire, while allowing the child counters to increase at their normal rate.  Do that until the child counters are high, then switch to pure rapid autofire for the skyrocket.
My score archive

Offline phat hk

• Novice Member
« Reply #310 on: June 16, 2012, 04:53:24 AM »
Every time I go to my local arcade here in Kyoto there are people playing Ketsui and Mushi and DDPDFK 1.5 and so on. Even really old stuff like Raiden Fighters and Ikaruga. They don't care about the ports, and the lack of a port won't have more people coming in to a smoky arcade to play some 3+ year old game on a Sunday

You just gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling  :righton:

Offline TimingTripod40

• Maniac Member
« Reply #311 on: June 16, 2012, 08:46:06 PM »
Every time I go to my local arcade here in Kyoto there are people playing Ketsui and Mushi and DDPDFK 1.5 and so on. Even really old stuff like Raiden Fighters and Ikaruga. They don't care about the ports, and the lack of a port won't have more people coming in to a smoky arcade to play some 3+ year old game on a Sunday

You just gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling  :righton:
Yeah, I got a similar impression when I visited Japan. That most of the really good players don't own or don't care about the ports. I think that the 2 products cater to sonewhat different audiences. I remember someone at Cave (don't remember who) saying that it's the top level players who really love to take apart these games that reel in the most money for the arcade operators and thus they're loaded with scoring depth and have those annoying end game bonuses for the sake of giving those players as much to chew on as possible. With the ports the focus changes to selling more to quantity of players rather than quality. Obviously the ports still have to remain serviceable for that hardcore audience but they take a backseat as Cave instead focuses more on appealing to the casual players with the wacky novice and arrange modes. Guys like me who play obsessively for score on the ports exclusively are in the extreme minority.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #312 on: June 17, 2012, 03:07:08 AM »
SIN has confirmed what I suspected: the counterstop was fixed for the 1.5 port, scores go into the 10s of billions:

http://sinmoon.blog.shinobi.jp/Date/20120610/1/

He got over 12 million on the counter on the stage 5 midboss (starting from a zero counter).
My score archive

Offline Erppo

• Maniac Member
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2012, 12:47:57 PM »
He got over 12 million on the counter on the stage 5 midboss (starting from a zero counter).

what the

I thought 5 million was pretty good.

Offline cstarflare

• Maniac Member
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2012, 01:07:27 PM »
SIN has confirmed what I suspected: the counterstop was fixed for the 1.5 port, scores go into the 10s of billions:

http://sinmoon.blog.shinobi.jp/Date/20120610/1/

Is he using a low-power S Shot in that picture?

Offline Erppo

• Maniac Member
« Reply #315 on: June 19, 2012, 02:30:05 PM »
Or is that picture from Arrange? I'd love to get a translation of the whole blog post in any case.

It's really starting to seem like the arcade release was hilariously broken so it's nice to have a working version of it around. I have no idea how high the scores can be pushed in Maniac, if that 12M counter is indeed from that.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #316 on: June 19, 2012, 07:35:45 PM »
Yes, he's using s-shot.

Yes, it's a pic of 1.5 Maniac, not Arrange (counter in arrange maxes out at 9,999,999).

He does not elaborate on his technique, but we should see a video soon, knowing him.
My score archive

Offline AntiFritz

• Maniac Member
« Reply #317 on: June 28, 2012, 10:02:15 PM »
So sounds like mushihimesama is getting a title update to fix training mode.

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/post-4fa5.html

At least that's what I've gathered using google translate.