Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Special World

Well, certain vendors have had problems in the past with Cave first-print SE's not having a DLC card included.

On top of that, there might come a day far off when your 360 dies, and there's no means of getting v1.5 again. That'd certainly be a grave blow to my 360 shooter collection. With voice packs and Futari 1.01 it wasn't a big issue, but Mushi 1.5 is a big, meaty portion of the game, and I'd be extremely sad if I lost it somehow. Hopefully there's somebody out there backing up these files for when XBL goes down. I'd do it myself, but I really have no idea how. I assume you'd need a hacked console to do it, and I don't wanna mess with my 360s.

Personally, I would have made the PS2 Arrange the download content. I understand that Cave want and need to maximize their profits, but this is something too dear to trifle with, imo.

EOJ

I don't remember a problem with first print DLC since the Futari debacle. Most releases still have the first print DLC included even months after release, at least for the ones that have the DLC inside the case. The DS games had it outside. Still, better check to be sure if you really care about it.

I do share your concerns for lack of access to DLC in the future, but if that happens I think it's pretty far in the future. Still, I'm hoping there will be a way to back up all this stuff for posterity.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Let_It_Be

Look on the bright side, you will be in an exclusive club   :cool:

Special World

EOJ, if you would consider compiling/having somebody compile all these STG DLCs into a .rar file, I think that would be a pretty smart thing for us to do as a community. I have no idea how it would be done, but I would hope we could do it in a way that wouldn't result in piracy of the content. Maybe a sort of arrangement where you and one or two other siteholders hold onto the .rar file, and if XBL ever changes or goes down, one of those people would hopefully still be in the scene to put the files online after they can't possibly be purchased anymore.

I hope that doesn't sound too crazy or drastic. To me it just sounds like a good idea.

EOJ

I don't know anything about the technical stuff involved, but what you say sounds like piracy to me, so we shouldn't go down that road here. If there is a way for people to back up their own purchased DLC, then we can discuss that. But not in this thread.  ;)
My score archive

Special World

Alright, carry on then! Wasn't trying to get into murky water, there.

Chempop

Agree with concerns of 1.5 being playable 10 years from now... But you know what, I'm sure to enjoy it for a long while, and that's more than I expected ttytt.

I sold my PS2 port the day before the first announcement, so I'm extra happy.

Let_It_Be

Yeah, as long as this port has TATE, basic video options, etc. I'll be pretty satisfied and I think that that much is guaranteed.

sh00g

Not really feeling the limited edition box art. Arranged soundtrack isn't anything I'm excited for either.

Oh hell it is the last game on 360, I'll probably end up getting the LE anyway.

A47A47

I bought the current issue of Famitsu Xbox360.
360's arrange mode is based on PS2's, which is not same with PS2's but tuned.
Arrange mode's BGM is arranged by Basiscape.

And, Asada's serial column named "Xbox360専用ゲームの作りかた(How to make only-on-Xbox360 games)" started to appear in Famitsu Xbox360.

moozooh

Quote from: A47A47 on February 29, 2012, 12:01:46 PM360's arrange mode is based on PS2's, which is not same with PS2's but tuned.

Interesting. Are there any details on this?
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

A47A47

Quote from: moozooh on February 29, 2012, 12:31:26 PM
Interesting. Are there any details on this?

At the moment, no details are announced.

StarCreator

Preorders are already up at NCS, thanks to Yes Boss! at GAF for pointing it out.

$97 for the Regular:

http://www.shopncsx.com/mushihimesamahdregularedition.aspx

$129 for the Limited edition:

http://www.shopncsx.com/mushihimesamahdlimitededition.aspx

Orochi S

Quote from: Let_It_Be on February 28, 2012, 11:25:13 PM
I just don't like the fact that if I buy the standard edition I run the risk of not getting the DLC code.

Am I guaranteed to get the DLC if I preorder the LE then? Will there only be a first run on that?

Let_It_Be

No, it should be that all first prints get the DLC code (so all LE's and the first batch of SE's), but in the past Cave have been trolls and didn't put the DLC in some of the SE's of Futari.  This didn't happen to me mind you, this is what I've read.

Special World

It figures that Cave's last game would be the one to make me want to break me SE-only streak.

Every other SE looks better than the LE, but this SE is kinda pervey and bland. I kinda just want to get the SE so I have a straight SE collection, but that cover and the guarantee of a DLC card really get to me...

Q: Does the actual game case inside the box have the same cover as the SE, or does the cover have that LE artwork too?

Let_It_Be

They should have the same cover as the outer case.  I have also gotten the SE of everything (barring MMP/PS), but I'm leaning towards the LE on this one, I hate the artwork of the SE.

Here are pictures from KollisionBR's collection that show the LE covers:

http://www.kollision.biz/games/xbox360/mushihimesamaFutari/mushihimesamaFutari_Pic.jpg
http://www.kollision.biz/games/xbox360/deathSmiles/deathSmiles_Pic.jpg
http://www.kollision.biz/games/xbox360/dodonpachiDaifukkatsu/dodonpachiDaifukkatsu_Pic.jpg
http://www.kollision.biz/games/xbox360/deathsmiles2/deathsmiles2_Pic.jpg
http://www.kollision.biz/games/xbox360/akaiKatanaShin/akaiKatanaShin_Pic.jpg

I can't seem to figure out how to spoiler images, so I'll just post the links for now.

Special World

I guess I mean to say that every LE either looks as good or worse than the SEs. Some of those are pretty rad, like Futari's, but none really stand out to me as better.

And then there's ESPgaluda II, which has the most brilliant SE cover art of all time and a horrid LE.

Let_It_Be

I agree with you, I just posted those links to show you that the LE cover is the same as the outer case.

ookitarepanda

Let_It_Be

Why must they torture me like this?

emphatic

Well, we won't be cheated on the autofire options (pretty much the same settings as in the PS2 version):

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2012/03/03/1.jpg

I wonder if they'll get the 4:3 option in the port from the get-go this time, or HAVE TO FRIGGIN' PATCH IT AGAIN?

JOW

Quote from: emphatic on March 03, 2012, 09:38:00 AM
Well, we won't be cheated on the autofire options (pretty much the same settings as in the PS2 version):

I wonder if they'll get the 4:3 option in the port from the get-go this time, or HAVE TO FRIGGIN' PATCH IT AGAIN?

...nice config options. This is getting better with each update.

Given that Asada has said they want go out on a high with the 360 (and they seem to appreciate that 4:3 issues are real - they went to the trouble of patching Guwange after all) you would hope they go to the trouble of hooking up a 4:3 monitor and getting it right it prior to releasing  :-\

Having said that I wouldn't be surprised either way  :facepalm:

Erppo

For those of you who follow the Japanese discussions: has there been any talk of the 1.5 counterstops? I was pretty excited of 1.5 (especially Ultra) initially so it would be shame if they left it broken.

Also does 1.5 still allow you to do all these weird things with different autofire comboes?

SuperPang

I have a feeling they won't have fixed 1.5, considering they're not charging extra.

TimingTripod40

Yeah, it feels like they're treating 1.5 like an afterthought so I think we'd be lucky just to see a few extra digits added to the score counter. On the bright side Maniac and Ultra Max look like pretty sweet 1cc games and like I keep saying Original Max is awesome for the people who enjoy Futari Black Label Original scoring.

Erppo

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on March 03, 2012, 12:21:22 PMOn the bright side Maniac and Ultra Max look like pretty sweet 1cc games

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to those two, even if they end up being worthless for serious scoring. Based on what I've seen they look like some of the best survival games Cave has ever done.

Van_Artic

nice for the autofire control options, it's what i wanted to hear

Let_It_Be

How many different auto-fire rates are typically used for a competitive score in the arcades?

EOJ

For Maniac and Ultra you need at least 2 (rapid A and rapid C), but 3-4 are preferable. More specifically, it's useful to have fast rapid A and a slow rapid A, along with a fast rapid C and slow rapid C. I can do without slow rapid C as it's not used as much, and I can tap out slow rapid A myself too, but that's used much more and if you don't have the right rhythm it screws up your score, so it becomes rather tiresome. This is why I'm unhappy that Cave only includes 2 rapid fire buttons in the port. They need to let us map commands to multiple buttons at least. Same problem I had with the Pink Sweets port.

With that said, do be aware that you probably won't be able to get close to SWY's record of 2.6bil in Maniac mode no matter what you do in the port because he used some special computer program on a laptop hacked into a PCB to do it. I highly doubt Cave will replicate his setup in the port, but it's hard to score even half of his score without it.

Of course, you can play the game without any rapid fire and submit scores for that too - such scores go on a separate scoreboard on our scoreboards here as well as in Arcadia magazine. I'm not sure if they will differentiate rapid fire vs non-rapid fire scores in the online leaderboards of the port, but it doesn't look like it and that will probably be another complaint I have with this port. Similar to how they didn't have separate leaderboards for Omote loop scores in DDPDFK 1.5 or how they mixed together 1.01 and 1.00 scores in the leaderboards of MMP and PS. This is basic stuff, I don't know why Cave thinks it is unimportant but it's pretty aggravating.
My score archive