Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimingTripod40

Quote from: EOJ on March 07, 2012, 02:01:36 AM
With that said, do be aware that you probably won't be able to get close to SWY's record of 2.6bil in Maniac mode no matter what you do in the port because he used some special computer program on a laptop hacked into a PCB to do it. I highly doubt Cave will replicate his setup in the port, but it's hard to score even half of his score without it.
Wow... these guys. lol

Let_It_Be

Wow I had no idea that people went so far with auto firing rates in Mushi.  Man, I wish Cave had people that were more fluent in english so we could voice concerns more easily.  But then again we probably don't make up a big portion of their earnings.

Special World

EOJ

I can see now why its release is about 2 and a half months away - they haven't programmed any slowdown in yet. Zero. Zilch. Nada. Actually made me laugh when I saw the PV.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

Yeah, I chuckled a bit at the part where a stage 5 toilet flower spews that huge wave of bullets without any kind of slowdown. Interesting to see that it wouldn't have looked out of place if we weren't so used to the slowdown being there though.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

TimingTripod40

Naut

Looks perfect, release now please.

lam47

I love Mushi, I really do; but really wish Cave were working on new ips.

moozooh

Akai Katana, Instant Brain, and Nin-nin Jump were new IPs. Don't confuse them with ports of Cave's back catalogue that Mushi HD is.

Let_It_Be

drunkninja

I sometimes wonder how many of the "REGION FREE PLZ" commentors have actually bought any of these games :P

SomeMist

I bought the region free games back when I didn't have a J360...then I realized it was better having a J360 just so I wouldn't have to worry about games being region-free - in addition to other perks  :righton:

Let_It_Be

Do you guys know of any effective way to ask play-asia when or if they will EVER have the LE up for preorder?

TimingTripod40

Quote from: drunkninja on March 09, 2012, 08:16:24 PM
I sometimes wonder how many of the "REGION FREE PLZ" commentors have actually bought any of these games :P
Going by the lack of decent western scores on the in-game leaderboards I'm guessing not that many. It's also pretty dumb to ask for region free at this as I'm pretty sure anyone who likes the genre enough to want to play the Japan only games would have already had enough time to save up for and buy a J360 by this point.

moozooh

I guess you can't expect dedication to scoring from people who aren't dedicated enough to make the necessary investments.

InsaneNutter

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on March 10, 2012, 04:22:25 AM
Quote from: drunkninja on March 09, 2012, 08:16:24 PM
Going by the lack of decent western scores on the in-game leaderboards I'm guessing not that many. It's also pretty dumb to ask for region free at this as I'm pretty sure anyone who likes the genre enough to want to play the Japan only games would have already had enough time to save up for and buy a J360 by this point.

Indeed very true, however my friend does own the region free cave games after playing some of them on my JPN 360. So proof there people would do given the option! He says would happily buy any future region free cave games, however doesn't quite want to buy another 360 just to play them on yet. Guess ill have to keep loaning him my JPN 360 until then :P

ookitarepanda

I think the conversation about people who only buy the region free ports should superseded by the conversation about people who only buy ports.

:righton:

Let_It_Be

I'm about ready to give up on Play-Asia ever getting the LE available,  where else can I go to, provided they ship to North America.  (NCSX charges way too much so don't mention them please)

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Let_It_Be on March 10, 2012, 09:51:39 PM
I'm about ready to give up on Play-Asia ever getting the LE available,  where else can I go to, provided they ship to North America.  (NCSX charges way too much so don't mention them please)

AmiAmi is supposed to ship to the US, right?

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-X36-1070&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate3%3D1445%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

HVL

Quote from: ookitarepanda on March 10, 2012, 11:22:51 PM

Yes, they do. I highly recommend AmiAmi, very good and often the cheapest store too.

Let_It_Be

You guys convinced me, thanks a bunch!

Dave_K.

Quote from: EOJ on March 07, 2012, 02:01:36 AMWith that said, do be aware that you probably won't be able to get close to SWY's record of 2.6bil in Maniac mode no matter what you do in the port because he used some special computer program on a laptop hacked into a PCB to do it. I highly doubt Cave will replicate his setup in the port, but it's hard to score even half of his score without it.

Is this recognized by Aracida as a world record score?  I mean, arcade rapid fire boards are one thing, but PC Tool assisted runs even if on PCB shouldn't be considered legit.

EOJ

Yep, it's in Arcadia. I guess they didn't view it as different from other rapid fire assisted runs. He didn't have the laptop controlling any movements, it just had some rapid fire algorithm that maximally took advantage of the game's scoring system.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

daiisuki

Let_It_Be

radiant

too much this price is so high  ???

sh00g

Yeah, their price is ridiculous. I don't get it. They must think they have no competition.

twoup

Quote from: ookitarepanda on March 10, 2012, 11:22:51 PM

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-X36-1070&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate3%3D1445%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

I just want to thank you for this post, I was keeping an eye out at amiami for the game but got a bit lax, I got my amiami preorder in right after seeing the link, really glad I did after seeing the Play Asia price. I'm gonna save around 40 bucks this way & that's after shipping. You guys that want the LE for a decent price ought to do the same, AA tend to sell out fast.

I've easily put 100 hours into the ps2 version of Mushi but I'm really looking forward to this, hope they do put more slowdown in though.

TimingTripod40

Personally I'm pretty glad to see this coming to a console that I own with 1.5 as a nice bonus. Doesn't matter to me if it got some blurry port on a last-gen console.