Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lam47

Found an old mushi guide. It's all coming back to me now.

It's still confusing me though.
Could anyone recomend the rapid settings I should use?
I think this is why I stopped playing mushi the first time.
Feels more like an exploit than a scoring system.

A47A47

The number of Rapid Shot's (Trigger Time)+(Interval) affects the strength of Reco(not include option beetles)'s (Full auto)+(Rapid Shot).
I don't know what combinations are the best for M, W and S-power.

If Rapid Shot's (Trigger Time)+(Interval) is a certain number, Trigger Time affects the distances of option beetles while you hold (Full auto)+(Rapid Shot).
trigger time is shorter: options are farther
trigger time is longerer: options are nearer
(formation options are striking)

I know none of Rapid Full Auto.

Special World

Man, I hate word problems.

Chempop

Just tried 1.5 Original-MAX... I love it  :righton:

Muchi Muchi Spork

Just to throw in my final 2 cents, my reviews were based around playing the modes for 1CC and not score. I never caught on to the tapping crap, and can't believe it was used in a 2004 game. Button mashing became work over 10 years ago. If you only play for score, I don't know if you will like it or not. For the 1CC the Max modes are 10/10.

EOJ

Amazon japan's stock of the regular edition no longer has the 1.5 DLC.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Chempop

Just got a 1CC in 1.5 Original MAX, good stuff right here, I'm very happy with this game!

Looking forward to understanding what's up with the glowing blue aura on enemy bullets, and tackling maniac MAX.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Sounds like they watered down the difficulty or you're an awesome player. The glow comes when the counter/rank is high. The bullets get faster and faster.

Chempop

It took me 3 tries... Now I'm wondering how the difficulty compares to the PCB.
Hmmm, who is up for the task?

Muchi Muchi Spork

lolswut. Have you played a lot of the original game before? If not then it's watered, or you're awesome, or both. You might just be awesome. There's someone posting on shmups that he beats SDOJ most times he plays it already. I would say he is an awesome player. As my friend says, "it's hard as murder", in my opinion. Back to getting my ass kicked now... Don't worry I'm sure the Ultra will be hard enough for you no matter what...

EOJ

Port of Mushi is really solid. Stage 3 and 5 slowdown feels just like the PCB. So much better than the PS2 port!

I tried 1.5 a few times and it's alright. I think I need to learn how to score.
My score archive

Chempop

I've played tons of the PS2 port, that's got to be why this one seems easier - I can actually see what is going on in this one  :laugh:

I have to say, I was in the groove!

THE

What is Asada babbling here about GoD? Did they only sell 1500 units?

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/
The future is 2D

lam47

Sorry to ask again but: will 1.5 be available as dlc?

EOJ

Quote from: THE on May 24, 2012, 03:45:47 AM
What is Asada babbling here about GoD? Did they only sell 1500 units?

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/

He's just recapping what Cave has done on the console market since Deathsmiles. It's 1500 achievement points (in Instant Brain), not units sold.

@lam47: you won't be able to purchase 1.5 as dlc.
My score archive

lam47

TimingTripod40

Shouldn't you have a first print copy with the card if you already have the game? Is it like Futari where they didn't have enough DLC cards to go around?

Special World

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on May 24, 2012, 05:34:05 AM
Shouldn't you have a first print copy with the card if you already have the game? Is it like Futari where they didn't have enough DLC cards to go around?
I'm assuming he hasn't picked up the game yet.

As for EOJ's message, Amazon probably sold off their initial stock and is going onto "second run" copies now. It's stupid that Cave doesn't print enough of these to meet preorder demand.

EOJ

I just 1CC'd Original MAX. Took me 5 credits. Good fun. Looks the same difficulty as the PCB, you just have to be good at these games. Protip: use M-Power.
My score archive

lam47

A have a copy of the game but no card :(

EOJ

Where did you buy it from?
My score archive

lam47

My friend is working in Japan and her friend works in an independent game shop. I'm not sure what it's called though. There was no shrink wrap on the case so he could have removed it for some reason?

Kaneda

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on May 24, 2012, 02:08:43 AM
lolswut. Have you played a lot of the original game before? If not then it's watered, or you're awesome, or both. You might just be awesome. There's someone posting on shmups that he beats SDOJ most times he plays it already. I would say he is an awesome player.

I guess that was me. It's true that I beat it nearly every credit now, but I'm far from an awesome player. I still don't have any good scores, even after all this time.

Mushi 1.5 Original MAX, for instance, I never beat in the arcade. I played it probably 3 or 4 times and I think I made it somewhere in stage 5, but that mode kicks my ass. I'll be interested to see if the port feels any different. Congrats to you guys for beating it so easily.

EOJ

Wow, you can still use rapid fire to jack up the counters in Maniac 1.5. Makes an even bigger difference in score than in regular Mushi - you can get over 1million on the counter on the stage 2 midboss, for example.
My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: Kaneda on May 24, 2012, 08:56:07 AM

Mushi 1.5 Original MAX, for instance, I never beat in the arcade. I played it probably 3 or 4 times and I think I made it somewhere in stage 5, but that mode kicks my ass. I'll be interested to see if the port feels any different. Congrats to you guys for beating it so easily.

You'll beat it quickly in the port, I'm sure. It's not too hard if you ignore scoring. Futari 1.01 Original level, perhaps.

Regular 1.5 Original, on the other hand, is really easy. I beat it on my first try with only one death.
My score archive

TimingTripod40

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 24, 2012, 08:57:13 AM
Wow, you can still use rapid fire to jack up the counters in Maniac 1.5. Makes an even bigger difference in score than in regular Mushi - you can get over 1million on the counter on the stage 2 midboss, for example.
Let me know if this still works

[04:29 PM] <Megalixir> lol
[04:29 PM] <Megalixir> ok so this is apparently how the matsuri counterstop works
[04:29 PM] <Megalixir> 5面のウツボカズラみてえなのが出てくるところ(中ボスの手前)で被弾
[04:29 PM] <Megalixir> →復帰後にカウンターがカンスト、雑魚を倒す度に絶死みたいに「+9999999」の表示(桁があってるかはわからない)。
[04:29 PM] <Megalixir> その後カウンターは8000000あたりで安定するが、雑魚を倒すと「+9999999」の表示。
[04:29 PM] <Megalixir> 恐るべき早さでスコアが入り、最後のラッシュ手前でスコアカンスト(99億9999万9999かな)。
[04:30 PM] <Megalixir> basically
[04:30 PM] <Megalixir> get multiplier to +9999999
[04:30 PM] <Megalixir> die in front of an area with a large amount of small enemies
[04:30 PM] <Megalixir> like in this case
[04:30 PM] <Megalixir> stage 5, just before the midboss
[04:30 PM] <Megalixir> resetting the multiplier by 20%
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> so it's +8000000
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> destroy small enemies until it's +9999999
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> die
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> repeat
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> this might extent the amount of time before the screen scrolls on to the next section or something
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> or
[04:31 PM] <Megalixir> my guess is there's a major score increase in gathering from +8000000 and +9999999
[04:32 PM] <Megalixir> but doesn't increase as much when maxed at +9999999

StarCreator

I posted this elsewhere, but I was streaming some of my (terrible) play last night, along with the top replays on the leaderboard (at the time, since not many people had the game yet).  They're still available to watch in my stream archive.

I'll probably stream again tonight.

TimingTripod40

Thanks for streaming that Original MAX replay. Loved all those scoring tricks he showed in the first 2 stages and stages 3 and 4 look every bit as crazy as I remember them being at high rank. Can't wait until some better replays show up.

lam47

What's going on with the leader boards?
It says zero score for a lot of stages.

Van_Artic

grabbing a copy tomorrow
Arrange feels and looks so different i can't wait to try it out <3