Main Menu

Mushihimesama HD [X360]

Started by EOJ, December 28, 2011, 02:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brentsg

Quote from: ookitarepanda on May 26, 2012, 08:34:29 PM
Quote from: brentsg on May 26, 2012, 06:55:33 PM

DLC is tied to a Gamertag as well as the console that it's redeemed on.  So once redeemed, that Gamertag can use it on any (proper region) Xbox.  Also, any Gamertag will be able to use it on the Xbox that it was originally redeemed on.

I just had this experience too with the MMP DLC. I tried redownloading the DLC but it still won't let me play Matsuri mode unless I'm signed into my JP account (on my US 360). Any way around this that you've figured out?

There's no way around the restrictions that I'm aware of.  Either play it on the Xbox you registered it on, or play it on the Gamertag you registered on.

I suppose you could license transfer DLC to a different Xbox but that would probably fubar anything that's region locked to the other Xbox.

SpiralSage

Can the secret version of Aki only be fought on Ultra?

A47A47

Quote from: SpiralSage on May 27, 2012, 12:31:03 AM
Can the secret version of Aki only be fought on Ultra?

On Ultra and Arrange only. Not on Original and Maniac.

TimingTripod40

Are there any 9 billion+ 1.5 Maniac/Ultra replays up yet?

EOJ

No, current highest is 3.8 bil in Maniac by YOS.K.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jyumi

What is the difference in Trigger Time and Interval for both rapid shot and auto?
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

A47A47

Quote from: jyumi on May 27, 2012, 12:58:15 PM
What is the difference in Trigger Time and Interval for both rapid shot and auto?

Rapid Shot
The sum of TriggerTime and Interval affects Reco's strength while you hold FullAuto button and RapidShot button.
It is said that the best number for M and W-power is 5 (Thanks to eojx9999) and The best for S-power is 10.
If the sum of TriggerTime and Interval is constant, longer TriggerTime gathers your options more
(Example)

Rapid Full Auto
Set TriggerTime 1 and set Interval 1, it's okay.

MikeNeko

jyumi

So in rapid shot, TriggerTime is replicating how long you are holding the shot button and interval is replicating how many times you are pressing shot?

ookitarepanda

Interval means how many frames you AREN'T pressing shot. Like in the picture A47 posted on page 7, it's an On/Off thing.

But question for A47A47,

If you say that the SUM of trigger and interval time affects her strength, wouldn't 20-20 be the best? Wouldn't it mean that 4-2 is the same as 2-4?

lam47

I'm hoping we can get a guide together for the Xbox port.
I for one need help with which rapid settings to use and where to use them.

jyumi

That's what I'm confused about, what are the 20s used for? It's going to take me days to get my head around rapid firing.

EOJ

As I posted earlier, just use 1-4 for rapid autofire to easily jack up the counter on midbosses and whatnot. That's all you really need to know. Tap A slowly to counterbank.
My score archive

EOJ

The road to 9.9bil in Maniac/Ultra (Ver 1.5), plus Arrange mode info:

http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=1610.0
My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 26, 2012, 10:15:35 AM
I just encountered a bug in 1.5: I beat the stage 2 boss, but the boss music didn't fade out. Instead, it kept playing throughout the run. Even after it was over and I returned to the mode select screen, it still kept playing. I had to exit to the dashboard to stop it.

It just happened again.  :(
My score archive

SuperPang

If nobody else is experiencing this, try clearing your cache.

MikeNeko

That s really odd this music bug... i  will have to go to score attack and see what happens.

The only one i had was just a one time occurrence of control registering a persisting left input when it shouldn't (some controller dead point issue), and i think this was just a problem with the OS layer (restarting solved, that s my bad habit of wriggling the controller and pressing buttons when things load).

EOJ

This last time it happened on the stage 1 boss. Only in ver 1.5 Maniac both times.
My score archive

brokenhalo

Quote from: eojx9999 on May 29, 2012, 06:38:20 AM
Quote from: eojx9999 on May 26, 2012, 10:15:35 AM
I just encountered a bug in 1.5: I beat the stage 2 boss, but the boss music didn't fade out. Instead, it kept playing throughout the run. Even after it was over and I returned to the mode select screen, it still kept playing. I had to exit to the dashboard to stop it.

It just happened again.  :(

it just happened to me on the stage 2 boss on arrange mode. the song just never stops playing, and the other normal tracks play at the same time. i had to dashboard as well to get it to stop.

EOJ

Thanks for the info. There's another bug that needs patched: in Ver 1.5 Training mode, if you play with MAX off, when you die you respawn with zero options. This doesn't happen in the actual game.
My score archive

Let_It_Be

That blows, do you think they will respond to emails about this?

EOJ

The Arrange mode is surprisingly good in this one, in fact I like it better than Ver 1.5. The shot change mechanic reminds me of weapon changing in Ibara Black Label (though M-Power still doesn't appear very useful), it has counterbanking and skyrockets (unlike the PS2 Arrange), you start at full power, difficulty curve is excellent, SDOJ-style autobomb system (start with 3 bombs, but one hit and they all go away), TLB at the end. Along with DSII X-Mode and AK Zetsu, this is one of Cave's best Arrange modes to date.
My score archive

TimingTripod40

Just got this in the mail. Really want to give 1.5 another shot and check out some of the replays but every time I enter the code online I get this

There is a problem with the offer associated with this code.

I tried entering it in-game through the guide but then it just tells me the code isn't valid.

lam47

Are you signed into your japanese account?

TimingTripod40

Well I had my locale set to Japan on the console I tried. Do I have to make a new account?

jyumi

Yes you will need to redeem it on a Japanese XBOX account. It won't work for any other account.

TimingTripod40

Thanks, making the Japanese account was a lot easier than I thought. I've spent the last few hours screwing around with the game and I don't really like 1.0 Original but 1.5 Original MAX is as awesome as I remember. Also I still prefer Futari Ultra's scoring system, difficulty scaling, and patterns but I still liked what I played of the Ultra modes and I could see them providing me months of entertainment if I ever get into the weird point blank tapping chaining scoring system. Just sucks that with Cave's stupid DLC system I'm probably gonna be hoarding this game for a year before I get a chance to play it seriously.

jyumi

I'm missing something on the TLB's last attack. Besides dodging the wall of bullets head on, what's the trick to defeating it? I'm watching how some players are doing it and they "shove" half of the attack off screen like you would see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fblc0PRc8Po

I only did this twice and I'm not sure how this is triggered. Tips?

EDIT: The TLB in the Xbox 360 mode

emphatic

Quote from: jyumi on May 30, 2012, 04:45:48 PM
I'm missing something on the TLB's last attack. Besides dodging the wall of bullets head on, what's the trick to defeating it? I'm watching how some players are doing it and they "shove" half of the attack off screen like you would see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fblc0PRc8Po

I only did this twice and I'm not sure how this is triggered. Tips?

From shmups forum: http://s16.postimage.org/ntyx9lv4l/comic.png

jyumi