Cave lowers earnings forecast, but it's not the end of the world

Started by EOJ, January 11, 2012, 06:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

http://andriasang.com/comzmf/cave_forecasts/

Look at the doom and gloom this has spawned on web forums!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458578

Let's all remember that according to Asada, new shooting games are coming soon, a new ADV game is coming soon (Instant Brain 2, perhaps). Not much is changing right now. So no need for the doom and gloom, folks. People always overreact to this stuff.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

This is the actual PDF Cave released:

https://www.release.tdnet.info/inbs/140120120110063131.pdf

One part that is interesting is they say they cancelled plans for expanding to "new platforms" due to the lower earnings forecast. I wonder which platforms they got rid of?

My score archive

Blade Runner

I hope what Asada announced still stands despite this news. I'm also hoping that the cancelled new platforms are Android and WM7 rather than PS Vita.

Daverost

Android can stay. I've never met anyone with a Windows phone so it can go. Vita needs to stay.

TimingTripod40

I think I lost a few brain cells glancing through that NeoGAF thread.

EOJ

My score archive

SuperPang

I think it's likely that unless they were well into development, any arcade project they had going would be first to be crossed off that list. :(

brentsg

I'm sure the Vita will be toast. It is disappointing in Japan anyways.

Arcade will be toast too I'm sure.

Tain

The doom and gloom demonstrated by myself over on NeoGAF is due to my doubts that we'll see a new arcade game, not that we'll see any new shooting games at all.

dan76

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on January 12, 2012, 02:18:40 AM
I think I lost a few brain cells glancing through that NeoGAF thread.

You will lose a few more if you head over to shmups. The amount of garbage being sprouted over there is ridiculous.

I don't suppose it's good news, but I doubt it will have much effect on the games we care about.
XBL gamertag: durango76uk
www.1ccgames.com

Muchi Muchi Spork

There's something on Adada's blog mentioning Vita Akai Katana but I can't translate it. Someone wake me up when there is a new arcade game...  :-\

Xcero

I enjoyed reading the system11 and NEOGAF threads quite homurous.

emphatic

Quote from: SuperPang on January 12, 2012, 07:22:35 AM
I think it's likely that unless they were well into development, any arcade project they had going would be first to be crossed off that list. :(

Aren't they aware though that releasing a new arcade title is all the PR they really need to do? After all, all their "cult" following comes from past arcade releases, no?

brentsg

Quote from: emphatic on January 12, 2012, 04:08:48 PM

Aren't they aware though that releasing a new arcade title is all the PR they really need to do? After all, all their "cult" following comes from past arcade releases, no?

I'm sure they are.  Unfortunately they will probably generate more revenue from some stupid Facebook game.

Orochi S

Quote from: brentsg on January 12, 2012, 04:09:50 PM
Quote from: emphatic on January 12, 2012, 04:08:48 PM

I'm sure they are.  Unfortunately they will probably generate more revenue from some stupid Facebook game.

Perhaps they could make Deathsmiles III a first person shooter in order to reach a wider audience :'( Or make Deathsmiles Lolikart 3DS...

The thing I've been looking forward to most from Cave is more X360 ports, which hopefully will still be on the cards. I guess these financial issues explain the delay in Asada's big announcement, huh?

EOJ

My score archive

Special World

Deathsmiles Lolikart 3DS would probably be my favorite game of all time, no lie.

neomoe

Quote from: brentsg on January 12, 2012, 09:37:58 AM
I'm sure the Vita will be toast. It is disappointing in Japan anyways.

Arcade will be toast too I'm sure.

exactly what i was thinking...on both accounts