Main Menu

Espgaluda II HD to iPad 2.

Started by Monouchi, September 30, 2011, 10:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monouchi

Nice.
New BGM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPhZvgRG5Jo

...now give us the BGM as a DLC tothe X360 ver...  :)

DJ Incompetent

Monouchi

HVL

Oh gee, yet another useless rehash, and the BGMs of these portable games are god awful compared to pretty much any other CAVE BGM.

ookitarepanda

Quote from: HVL on October 01, 2011, 11:16:58 AM
Oh gee, yet another useless rehash, and the BGMs of these portable games are god awful compared to pretty much any other CAVE BGM.

Yamane's work on Bug Panic was pretty cool, and some of the BGM for deathsmiles were awesome.

But I agree, rehash. It's hard to imagine that they would spend so much time on ESPGaluda II and not turn their attention elsewhere. Seriously, a region-free port with about 500 modes, the iphone version, and now the ipad version? And they haven't so much as hinted at ESPGaluda I anytime? Hmph.

brentsg

So much time?  I'm sure they've made iPad2 specific engine tweaks and swapped in HD assets they already had.  Quick buck, and much appreciated for the iPad2 crowd.

DJ Incompetent

Out October 13th for $11, ?7.50, or ?9 for four days. Buying the two modes independently are half off.

iPhone version also gets the BGM update that day.

ookitarepanda

If you already own the iPhone version you can buy the upgrade for $4

lam47

I'm quite enjoying the phone mode. It's not as good as plaing with a stick etc but it's still pretty cool. I quite like the pulse mechanic.

ookitarepanda

Cave made a release of DDPDFK in HD for the iOS systems today. According to the Twitter, ESPGaluda II HD and DDP Resurrection HD are on sale for a SPECIAL PRICE for the next 4 days.

That "special price" is $10.99.

What the christ...

StarCreator

Per my iTunes receipts that's exactly what I paid for it at launch.  Regular price is $13.99.

EOJ

For Espgaluda II HD, didn't they have some special low price for people who already bought Espgaluda II? I'm not paying $11 for the HD version of DFK when I just spent $8 to buy the regular version a month ago. I never play the game anyway, but if they had a reasonable upgrade price, like $3 or so, I'd probably go for it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

brentsg

Quote from: EOJ on March 16, 2012, 12:21:07 AM
For Espgaluda II HD, didn't they have some special low price for people who already bought Espgaluda II? I'm not paying $11 for the HD version of DFK when I just spent $8 to buy the regular version a month ago. I never play the game anyway, but if they had a reasonable upgrade price, like $3 or so, I'd probably go for it.

I do know they've had far too many versions.  We don't need complete, arcade, smartphone, free, HD, bla bla..

StarCreator

Quote from: EOJ on March 16, 2012, 12:21:07 AM

Nope.

Miklaios Maliris

I sure hope CAVE is not starting to leave Xbox 360 behind. At least, for a good while...

ookitarepanda

I just picked up the new iPad (call me what you will) on Friday on impulse. Didn't think anyone would have any but Best Buy had the exact model I wanted. Anyway, playing the Cave games on here is sweet. At least Mushi is. I enjoyed Bug Panic a lot on the phone (again, call me what you will) and it's pretty awesome on the iPad too. I even got the HDMI connector so I can hook up to my TV, which is a lot of fun with these games. It's like having a touch interface without having to worry about your finger going too far in one direction and obscuring enemies/bullets.

Still don't want to spend $22 rebuying HD versions of games I own, but... it's probably inevitable. Really wish there was an upgrade price like there was when ESP2 came out.

EOJ

Quote from: ookitarepanda on March 20, 2012, 09:24:24 PM
Really wish there was an upgrade price like there was when ESP2 came out.

Yeah, this is what I remember hearing. How much was the upgrade price?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ookitarepanda

If my earlier post in my thread is correct, $4. That sounds right to me. I remember reading ?2/?3/$4