CAVE needs to come up with new ideas [Split from Mushihimesama HD]

Started by lam47, March 12, 2012, 02:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lam47

Quote from: moozooh on March 09, 2012, 02:52:26 PM
Akai Katana, Instant Brain, and Nin-nin Jump were new IPs. Don't confuse them with ports of Cave's back catalogue that Mushi HD is.

I haven't confused anything. Not that I can see. I'm talking about shooters here. I just feel that so many of these games have been on pcb or ps2 or whatever for ages, we have played them to death. I would like to see more fresh ideas coming out of cave.

TimingTripod40

Quote from: lam47 on March 12, 2012, 02:36:36 PM
Akai Katana, Instant Brain, and Nin-nin Jump were new IPs. Don't confuse them with ports of Cave's back catalogue that Mushi HD is.

I haven't confused anything. Not that I can see. I'm talking about shooters here. I just feel that so many of these games have been on pcb or ps2 or whatever for ages, we have played them to death. I would like to see more fresh ideas coming out of cave.
So where's you scores?

lam47

Quote from: TimingTripod40 on March 12, 2012, 03:34:13 PM
Quote from: lam47 on March 12, 2012, 02:36:36 PM

So where's you scores?

Scores for what? I have no 1ccs if that's what you're asking. I don't pretend to be that good. Just feel like the same games keep coming out from Cave.

moozooh

I'll explain Gus's point. Cave has released a lot of games in numerous series, many good ones among of them, so pretending to have exhausted the entire library is silly. If you only play each mode of every Cave game for a bit, ignoring scoring and never making sufficient advances in either of them, you should try keeping up with the old games rather than asking for new. Otherwise every new Cave game will feel like the "same game", while in fact it's you who're just not very interested in uncovering their potential.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

lam47

Quote from: moozooh on March 13, 2012, 10:44:49 AM
I'll explain Gus's point. Cave has released a lot of games in numerous series, many good ones among of them, so pretending to have exhausted the entire library is silly. If you only play each mode of every Cave game for a bit, ignoring scoring and never making sufficient advances in either of them, you should try keeping up with the old games rather than asking for new. Otherwise every new Cave game will feel like the "same game", while in fact it's you who're just not very interested in uncovering their potential.

This is a fair point. I have not gotten deeply into a few of Caves releases and as such have not spent a lot of time with them.
However this does not change my opinion at all. The fact is that Cave are re releasing old games (all be it with new modes) rather than new ideas and fresh IPs. I just would prefer that cave spend their time and resources on the latter rather than the former.
I appreciate that a lot of people are happy to keep playing the same games and practice for years to get the top scores. I don't. It's my opinion and it's not wrong, just a point of view.

Special World

Most of us don't have access to an arcade that has the latest and greatest STGs, nor can we afford to shell out thousands for every Cave release. To us, these games are new. Mushihimesama HD may be a re-release of a game that's already been ported, but it's received a visual upgrade, plays on a console that basically acts as a dedicated Cave-box, and comes with v1.5, which looks absolutely fantastic for those of us who enjoy Mushi for the style but not the esoteric scoring.

On top of that, Cave released Akai Katana in 2010 and Mushi v1.5 in 2011, and now they're preparing to release Dodonpachi SDOJ. They may have slowed their pace with arcade games, but arcade releases are still coming out. There's no reason to get fussy. If you're not taking the time to enjoy the games that are already out, why wait for new ones at all? You already have "new" ones sitting on your shelf.

lam47

It's like your going out of your way to miss my point. I love mushi! I played it a lot on ps2. I don't have the money for pcbs any more and am very happy that Cave are still operating at all. Just like with SNK and KOF! I didn't think 13 would get a a release at one point and am over the moon that it did and was well recieved.
I made a simple comment that I would preffer new ideas to re-releases. I think that's fair enough. When cave announced that they were going to make another 360 game I was hoping for a new one. Or even a sequel. A HD update is great and I will pay for it and enjoy it, just because I would rather have had a new release does not mean you (or anyone else) needs to defend their position: as happy with the current releases.

moozooh

What do you mean by rereleases then, ports? Or the fact that Mushi is one of the (two in total) games to have been ported more than once? If the latter?the PS2 port was awfully executed and actually warranted a rerelease.
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

lam47

I agree with that. The ps2 port was ugly.
Counting iPhone games there are a lot of re-releases.
I'm sorry but I don't know what you want. I'm not just going to change my mind and agree with everyone. Can we just drop it?

Let_It_Be

Your whole point was that you wish that Cave was working on new IPs, people then pointed you to all of the new games that they have made recently and then they explained that the old stuff is not really old to many of us as we don't have access to the arcade games.

They obviously cannot port games that haven't been made yet, so I don't see why you're upset that the 360 is getting ports of older games.

I don't think people here are trying to change your mind, they just want to show you how unreasonable your stance is.

lam47

It's not unreasonable at all. Just because a game is new to you, does not mean its new to me. My opinion is based on facts. Wouldn't we all like to see new games coming out of Cave? I don't see how my 'stance' is unreasonable I really don't. Obviously it's offended some people and for that I apologise.
Should I withdraw my original post? Should I just agree with you? I'm not sure what to do to settle you all down. I understand being defensive over Cave, I love them too and would sorely miss them if they stopped producing games. But please this is silly. All I said was I would have rather seen a new shooter than an HD remake of Mushi. Despite it being one of my favourite games ever.
I don't see the harm or need for such a backlash.
I'm sorry to anyone offended; however I'm not sorry if you disagree. We all have our own opinions.
X

lam47

I have clearly pissed people off here as I'm getting PMs.

I'm very sorry for any offence caused but please don't resort to sending me harassing PMs.
They will be reported to admin.

Let's stay civil. We all have different opinions, but they are opinions and as such will differ. It's no reason to start acting this way. I can see this thread getting locked if we don't try and be nice.

HVL

There's nothing to be gained by continuing attacking each other, split & locked.