Main Menu

Cave online shop updates

Started by Muchi Muchi Spork, April 19, 2012, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muchi Muchi Spork

http://www.cave-shop.jp/

Update 5/15: there is a notice that there will be a final online festival this weekend.

Kingau

Hello everyone I'm new here,
I know the sale is over but I was just wondering
what was in those cave goods grab bags ?

Thanks

MikeNeko

Kingau: only those who bought know...
it s just worth that many, but not sure what you ll get.
I guess the most expensive had some dakimakura.

well... i don t know where to post this...

an update, with the saidaioujou and maximum OST preorders 4500 yens
http://www.cave-shop.jp/fs/caveshop/cvst0023

Kingau

thanks for the reply mike.
I just got the package and ...... well let just say well
I got two dodonpachi cosplay outfit .
a buch of cd's
one art book
two dvd
three art set
and a Ketsui light up display
when I saw the cosplay out fit ....lol...they are well made but not my size  :(..lol
and 4 small marquees two are from the new 2012 dodonpachi game.

well I hope this helps any one who thinks of buying grab bags from cave ...the 30,000 kind!!! :)

KOA

EOJ

It says the Cave online shop will permanently close at the end of the month. Selling of goods at events will also cease.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

AntiFritz

drunkninja

Wow....that's saddening.  Are they even going to bother with events anymore?  Seems like the swag was half the reason people went.  Seems kind of odd for them to be doing this, especially when their business seems to be bigger than ever...but of course I can only speculate not having a copy of their bills in front of me.

ookitarepanda

I seriously wonder how much it costs them to run a few t-shirts or keychains. At the prices they've listed for some things, I can't imagine they aren't making money back.

brentsg

Quote from: ookitarepanda on May 01, 2012, 03:01:38 PM
I seriously wonder how much it costs them to run a few t-shirts or keychains. At the prices they've listed for some things, I can't imagine they aren't making money back.

Recall that Rancor has seen full blown Cave merchandise in Japan retail stores recently.  Perhaps they are going to pursue this means of selling higher volume.

Muchi Muchi Spork

There's a recent update on the site about some physical store there that sells their goods with a link to pics. It looks like a corner of a store dedicated to it. I've heard rumors that they even have new pcb kits for sale but I can't confirm it as true. They probably want to offload the distribution hassles.

colour_thief

Quote from: KOA on May 01, 2012, 12:47:43 AM

Seeing this really saddens me...

But on the plus side, if you look closely they've acknowledged Uo Poko's existence!   >:D

MikeNeko

If you don t massively sell, i bet running an online shop is not worth it for the investors, they d rather invest the IT costs to making mobile/community games quick ROI.

Stopping matsuri sales, on the contrary, i don t understand, this is important PR... sad.

AntiFritz

Quote from: colour_thief on May 01, 2012, 06:29:30 PM
Quote from: KOA on May 01, 2012, 12:47:43 AM
Snip

Seeing this really saddens me...

But on the plus side, if you look closely they've acknowledged Uo Poko's existence!   >:D
I've seen them use that cat quite often on the cave store site.

Kaneda

Quote from: Muchi Muchi Spork on May 01, 2012, 06:09:35 PM
There's a recent update on the site about some physical store there that sells their goods with a link to pics. It looks like a corner of a store dedicated to it. I've heard rumors that they even have new pcb kits for sale but I can't confirm it as true. They probably want to offload the distribution hassles.
It's in Akihabara across from Super Potato and behind HEY, in a big store that has lots of mainstream merchandise for stuff like Evangelion and Monster Hunter. In the back is a fairly sizable Cave corner with all of the junk you could get online, but I didn't see anything about PCBs.

Muchi Muchi Spork

Thanks for the info. I have a friend in Tokyo so this probably won't affect me much other than not having a list of what's new/available but I was hoping they were just going to open up the Japan sales site internationally instead of further closing themselves off. Maybe this store in Akihabara will open an international website or am I dreaming?

fuse

It's the Kotobukiya store in Akihabara that I think everyone's talking about - I remember coming across it by chance when I was there and getting a little bit over excited. They already have a significant web presence but it's selling their own stuff rather than all of the various other bits and bobs they carry in the store.

Shame to hear about the store closing, certainly raises panic levels about the company's future in general :(

Muchi Muchi Spork

GaijinPunch

Quote from: fuse on May 14, 2012, 05:18:21 AM
Shame to hear about the store closing, certainly raises panic levels about the company's future in general :(

I think it definitely shows that overkill is not a good thing.  Sometimes you gotta fuck her gently... her being us.

Monouchi

Cancelling games, closing shops, stock going down, people resigning....     :-\

Blue_Rei

I know! I....REALLY don't like this... :'(

It'll be the equivalent of Sega pulling out, SNK's initial departure and Hudson to me in terms of devistating gaming events.