Dodonpachi Saidaioujou [Cave 2013, JP X360]

Started by Korszca, August 24, 2012, 01:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Korszca

Just announced for the 360... http://andriasang.com/con2d3/dodonpachi_saidaioujou_x360/
I swear I read that Cave was done with the 360 after Mushi HD. But glad to hear SDOJ did well enough to get a 360 release this quickly.
Here's to hoping for region-free.

Shalashaska

Let me be the first to say... FUCK YES!  :righton:

EOJ

Asada just did a live broadcast talking about the port. He even played a bit of the port for the audience (they have it up and running already). Some bits of info:

-Mushi HD was the last port they had planned, but due to the great success of SDOJ in the arcades, Microsoft talked them into releasing it on the X360 earlier this month.
-Asada is interested in using Smartglass for new games. He's also interested in expanding more into other genres and fusing them with shooting, as they did with Instant Brain.
-He's working on 2 other projects right now but declined to talk about them.
-He's going to try and make SDOJ more accessible to a wider audience, something he says they failed to do with previous ports. Whether or not he will be successful remains to be seen, he was a bit vague on his intentions in this regard.
-Release is Spring 2013, my bet is it will be April (1 year anniversary of the arcade release).
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

emphatic

Ty

EOJ

Something I forgot to mention: Asada's 2 other projects are probably for Microsoft console(s), as he said "I wasn't sure which of the 3 projects I'm working on to talk about today. I decided on SDOJ because it will be released first among them." If the other games were on non-MS platforms, he wouldn't consider discussing them at an MS event, unless they are multiplatform games. Also, SDOJ will get an "Only for X360" tag on the box, so don't hold your breath for it to be ported to any other system.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SomeMist

actually so excited! does anyone have a link to the footage that was shown at the expo?

AweOfShe

This news makes me very happy. Looking forward to it!  :lol:
XBox Live - AweOfShe1

Blue_Rei

Woooo! Knew it was going to be SDOJ! It's interesting that it was Microsoft that convinced them to do the port. Never would have guessed.

jyumi

youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Tokyo-J

Muchi Muchi Spork

The novice mode will probably be awesome. Stage 4 and 5 on the board are like a brick wall.

Asada's ideas have and always will suck. -> http://youtu.be/lITBGjNEp08

Korszca

I wonder if those other 2 projects are WP7 games. I can't imagine they'd let him make announcements for the 720.
I'm kinda amazed that Microsoft likes Cave so much.

sh00g

It does seem interesting it was MS' that convinced them to port it over.

Thanks for the info eoj.

Tokyo-J

Quote from: sh00g on August 24, 2012, 12:53:50 PM
It does seem interesting it was MS' that convinced them to port it over.

Thanks for the info eoj.

I think the almighty $$$ being the real reason. When you have nothing left to sell what else do you do?

Expect a IOS port announcement at some point as well.

Korszca

Quote from: Tokyo-J on August 24, 2012, 02:05:57 PM
When you have nothing left to sell what else do you do?
I would hope the answer would be "make more stuff," but I feel like you're right.

Let_It_Be

Quote from: eojx9999 on August 24, 2012, 03:33:34 AM
Microsoft talked them into releasing it on the X360 earlier this month.

Thank you based Microsoft.

Chempop

Awesome!  This is much, much better news than, say, how frustrating ketsui/ibara/pinksweets are  :-*

Tokyo-J

Quote from: Chempop on August 24, 2012, 05:56:48 PM
Awesome!  This is much, much better news than, say, how frustrating ketsui/ibara/pinksweets are  :-*

I like those games. They play just fine to me!

Happy about SDOJ though.

Korszca

Daverost

I just hope it's region-free or they find a new western publisher. Last I heard, RSG wasn't doing any more Cave games.

ookitarepanda

Quote from: Daverost on August 25, 2012, 09:49:46 AM
I just hope it's region-free or they find a new western publisher. Last I heard, RSG wasn't doing any more Cave games.

But they are doing Under Defeat HD's Western release. So who knows.

Van_Artic

will they change how the GP-bonus works to avoid the stage 5 Ex overflow?
its w/e for me, i'm ready to preorder as soon as it pops up on websites!

mdsfx

Quote from: ookitarepanda on August 25, 2012, 11:54:24 AM
Quote from: Daverost on August 25, 2012, 09:49:46 AM

But they are doing Under Defeat HD's Western release. So who knows.

I just have the feeling that RSG will hit their SHMUP limit soon if they haven't already. I can't imagine these games are selling like hot cakes (although I wish they were). People are still asking for Mushi HD and now SDOJ will be another hopeful. I just don't see them localizing both, especially after having already tackled Resurrection, Akai Katana, and now UnderDefeat.

If they DO release them all, well... I guess Santa Clause DOES exist.

cstarflare

Quote from: Van_Artic on August 26, 2012, 08:42:38 AM

I don't see this happening, unfortunately. They ignored it in the arcade version, and they didn't fix the Futari counterstop. Of course, they did fix the Pink Sweets infinite lives thing (which I was actually interested in trying to trigger). So who knows... I'm not optimistic about it, though.

Still, I'm pretty glad this is happening.

jyumi

Quote from: Van_Artic on August 26, 2012, 08:42:38 AM

Was there ever a time when Cave fixed arcade bugs in their ports?
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

Korszca

Quote from: cstarflare on August 27, 2012, 06:36:11 PM
Of course, they did fix the Pink Sweets infinite lives thing

Keeping in mind that they unfixed it for the arcades. One of the many reasons I don't bother playing Pink Sweets on the 360.

Van_Artic

the only fix i can think of is Mushi 1.5 maniac counterstop
and consider the chance of something worse (deathsmiles 2 ugh)

adverse