Monthly Competition #3 - Mushi Futari 1.5 Maniac mode w/ Abnormal Reco

Started by EOJ, April 30, 2008, 10:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

May's challenge is Futari 1.5's Maniac mode with Abnormal Reco. A formidable challenge, it should hopefully produce some fun competition. I realize many people do not have the PCB nor access to one, but I do want to include some newer games in these competitions.

RULES: all defaults, 1 credit, etc.

----
RANKING
1. 196,226,943 - EOJ - Stage 4 (Boss)
2.  46,932,578 - syc - Stage 3
3.  45,299,430 - AWE - Stage 3
4.  45,007,680 - jpj - Stage 3
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Sycada

Man that's tough! Tried it this morning. Now I remember why I never use abnormal Reco :D

EOJ

I played 2 credits today, and my best score was 91mil up to the ST3 midboss. It's pretty tough! I did clear Original mode with Ab Reco (with 250mil), so I think (=hope) it will just take a few days of practice to get used to playing with her in Maniac.
My score archive

EOJ

3rd credit of the day.:D

196,226,943 - EOJ - Stage 4 (Boss)

Still quite difficult to control her, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. The key is using the C shot most of the time, especially during any heavy bullet spreads, and mainly using the A shot only at close range and on the bosses. The A shot is quite handy when you need a quick boost of speed away from a swarm of bullets. Just be sure not to ram into another swarm of bullets in the process!:laugh:
My score archive

Sycada

46,932,578 - syc - Stage 3

:oops: ..... me too :oops:

I just held on for dear life most of the time. nearly all the mid bosses get away from me in this mode.

What can I say? I suck at this game but god I love it :laugh:

EOJ

My score archive

jpj

for stage 2, how do you jack up your counter at the start?  and is there a safe-spot on the boss's last pattern?

abnormal reco is a really tough character to use :whyioughtta:

KOMA

Yeah, is it horrible with ab/Reco.I've tried couple credit the other day when i saw the thread,what a pain to score!

EOJ

It's harder to score, but that's what makes it a unique challenge. When she's fully powered up, it's actually easier with her than with Normal reco, at least in terms of survival. Her C shot in Stage 5 can just blow through everything.

I have a 400mil ALL vid with her I will upload for you guys in minute.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

jpj

Sycada

lol. I tried to play again after coming home late from a night out. Let me tell you, drunken Futari is not a good way to achieve a high score or make any progress whatsoever :laugh:

jpj

tried again the other day, and played complete shit.  speeding up when you hold A just messes me up :/
i'm out

cannonball

So what's the plan for June EOJ?  *cough Deathsmiles Casper rank 3 + EX cough*

EOJ

Yeah, we should decide on something. Obviously this month's competition was another dud. :(

Any other suggestions? Want to do a deathsmiles one? Or Pink Sweets?
My score archive

jpj

how about something that'll get more participants, like donpachi, or dodonpachi?  :D  a MAME-able game would be more popular, i think; and i could do with a good excuse to boot up DDP :oops:

EOJ

Sure, sounds fine. What kind of DDP challenge do you guys want?
My score archive

Sperrfeuer

Noo! I just played 2 credits 1.5 after a 3 or 4  months break again :laugh:...but ok.... it's really pain with AB Reco :oogle:

anyway 45,299,430 - AWE - Stage 3

But DoDonpachi would be fine i like it...... C-L Type or whatever

jpj

Quote from: EOJSure, sounds fine. What kind of DDP challenge do you guys want?
democratic idea: choose whatever ship-type you want, as the DDP table in the forum doesn't separate ship-types.  

nutball idea: score is irrelevant.  winner is the person who can reach the highest stage

RGC

Quote from: jpj
Quote from: EOJSure, sounds fine. What kind of DDP challenge do you guys want?
democratic idea: choose whatever ship-type you want, as the DDP table in the forum doesn't separate ship-types.  

nutball idea: score is irrelevant.  winner is the person who can reach the highest stage
I really like this idea, and it means I stand a chance of beating my DDP PB (I tend to score better when I'm not thinking about score). BL-type would be an interesting challenge though. :)

MX7

Maybe an old favourite on 'very hard' difficulty? Might be interesting. Might not be.

jpj

GaijinPunch

I vote for default difficulty setting.  I'm a default whore.  But then again, I've got a lot of new PCBs I need to try out, so my participation will be limited.

jpj

as EOJ is on vacation, anybody object if i start the june comp thread?

it would be a straight-laced DDP month, default difficulty, choose any ship you want  :)

drboom

I have to get an arcade stick for my computer sooner or later. Maybe I'll do it for this competition. :) I love me some DDP.
EDIT: anyone know if this stick is any good - or does anyone have any recommendations?:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-49-en-70-2byy.html