Main Menu

The end of danmakugata.com

Started by EOJ, May 03, 2008, 02:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

www.danmakugata.com

Seems the site is closing, with no further updates. Danmakugata was a big source of info for this site, as well as others.
The good news is I will continue to be able to get the same type of info in the future, because I frequent most of the sites that Danmakugata sourced, but it was awfully nice to have everything summarized quickly on a daily basis. Maybe some other Japanese dude will take his place?
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

zlk

That site was awesome.  Instead of having to search through 50 blogs each day to see what new videos were posted, I could just go to danmakugata and save lots of time.  It is a sad day for shmups players.

EOJ

I usually got the vids pretty much at the same time as Danmakugata (sometimes even before), so I'm not worried about that. I'll continue to post the links here on a regular basis. The other stuff he posted was harder to find - different info on fan pages and strategy pages, etc.
My score archive

EOJ

He posted his reasons for closing the site today on his blog. Basically, he got really tired of shooting games, and he doesn't enjoy them anymore. He first started off going for 1CCs, but then when he moved to score competitions, he found the experience to be more and more futile - with wasted days off, clinging to an arcade cabinet, restarting over and over just if the score was a few points under the level he needed to be at. He says he still enjoys games in general, and will continue to enjoy other genres for a long time to come.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Wow... that's crazy.
Hats off to him.  That site is/was great.

EOJ

Oh, one more thing: the site will be totally gone in August - he paid up through then.
My score archive