Main Menu

Video link thread

Started by zlk, May 12, 2008, 01:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ave

The DVD must have been cursed. Every time someone wanted to post about the Zatsuza-footage he'd just seen, he was killed by a lightning bolt right in front of the screen.
東亜プラン4ライフ

moozooh

With a thick purple laser, more like. :D
<dan76> As it is I'll have to endure high res - life's hard.

drunkninja

Eh, at least we get BL this week, so we should start seeing some videos then.

Van_Artic

here's the first 2 stages of the DFKBL arrange

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13472057

my god it's awesome

hipgnosis

hipgnosis

Quote from: Van_Artic on February 01, 2011, 01:16:24 PM

yeah sure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NCVnX7EjSk

Thanks! That looks really awesome! And no autobomb? Really liking that new arrange of Ketsui boss theme, that second riff is so cool.

moozooh

Holy mother, that looks perfect. Like everything that is good about DFK BL and Ketsui merged into one sweet kickass game that is at least as good as either.

Quote from: hipgnosis on February 01, 2011, 01:21:55 PMReally liking that new arrange of Ketsui boss theme, that second riff is so cool.

Seconded. The first riff doesn't have the same menacing impact the original tune had, but it's really well remedied by the second riff.

CIB

it looks totally awesome  :o
can't wait to get my hands on it  :)

Sapz

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13481180 Here's a full run of the Ketsui arrange mode. Not a 1cc, but still very interesting to watch. I'm liking the Canal Fleet arrange a lot. :righton:

bitkid

DFK BL Ketsui arrange is looking like the best thing ever made by Cave.

emphatic

:o

Stages 4 and 5 look amazing. And the soundtrack is absolutely fantastic. Stage 5 sounds very James Bond, like an homage to John Barry.

bitkid

What would have been even more awesome is if they would have replaced the Ura mid-bosses that normally appear with updated renders of the Ketsui bosses. Really enjoying the remixed soundtrack. I can't wait to hear a good quality version of it.

zlk

Shalashaska

So it's basically just the Arrange A version of Hibachi except for the final pattern. Kind of underwhelmed but at least we finally got to see it. I'd like to see the non-novice version though.

EOJ

DFK BL Arrange mode stages 1 & 2, with what appears to be high scoring:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13489043

Notice what he does on the bosses.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

moozooh

Quote from: EOJ on February 03, 2011, 07:00:08 PM
Notice what he does on the bosses.

What do you mean in particular? Getting in their faces?

EOJ

Kill each phase with the shot, not the laser. Just like in Ketsui.
My score archive

moozooh

Indeed, good call. It seems that, unlike Ketsui, it's beneficial to kill even final phase with the shot to get the chips before medals.

Frankly I have no idea why the 2ch guys don't like this game, to me it seems a lot more dynamic than DFK, and there's a high degree of skill and mobility involved in scoring (i.e. no boss milking, laser riding, laser bombing, spending most of the game canceling bullets, etc.). Maybe I'm missing something?

MrMonkeyMan

So, any hints on how to watch videos that give this error?

I tried taking www. out of the address like suggested a few pages back, but that does nothing, nicovideo.jp just adds it back in. Clearing my cookies does nothing and other browsers don't help. Even external video viewers won't play these videos.

It's kind of annoying since I get this on about half of all new videos, so any help would be appreciated. Even just a translation would be nice.

zlk

I get that error non-stop. I call it the "white screen of death" because once you get it, it is near impossible to see the video.

KOMA

ave

Mh I think Ketsuipachi looks a bit weird, chaotic even. The 10-chips that change in size do not particularly appeal to me, but I like the soundtrack quite a lot judging by what I've heard from it. My euphoria about the Ketsui arrange mode has declined a bit after I've seen the first full runs. Ketsui still rules, chips must not change in size and bullets must not be cancelled :P Still, a very nice idea and probably the most appealing arrange mode I've seen for quite a time.

Oh, and: "Justo a couple of more shots de"  =D

By the way, have people been busy and put up videos that provide some insight on that mysterious super-hard DFK 1.5 360 arrange mode?
東亜プラン4ライフ

Shalashaska

Quote from: ave on February 05, 2011, 11:01:38 AM
By the way, have people been busy and put up videos that provide some insight on that mysterious super-hard DFK 1.5 360 arrange mode?
Are you talking about Arrange B?

moozooh

The leaderboards have a replay of 492 million* on stage 1, and it's completely insane. When the rank is driven really high (it's maxed out in that replay) you get all kinds of multiplications that raise your score through the roof.

* ? For the record, scoring even as much as 20 million is very tough. My best so far is a bit below 13.5 million, and I already have to restart like a madman because I tend to get killed in the first 10 seconds by not executing the hyper-bomb chain correctly. My strategy is as following: activate green mode as soon as possible by using a hyper on the first bee, use the free bomb to suck in expert items and ground stars, point-blank for hyper, use hyper again, repeat for as long as possible, enter blue or normal mode for the boss.

EOJ

Quote from: MrMonkeyMan on February 04, 2011, 12:16:24 AM
So, any hints on how to watch videos that give this error?

Even just a translation would be nice.

It says it failed in loading the video, and you should wait a bit and try refreshing the screen. If that doesn't work after a few tries there is a cookie limit (or restriction), so you should try deleting the www. at the start of the link and reload the page.

I get it on and off. Sometimes the refresh the screen thing works for me, sometimes the delete www. thing works, other times I try both like 10 times and give up.
My score archive

Sapz

IT'S ZATSUZA!

Jesus, I think that final pattern at max rank beats out Aki's final. Goddamn terrifying. I wonder if we'll ever see a Dame K.K-style perfect dodge?

hipgnosis

Quote from: Sapz on February 12, 2011, 11:47:49 PM
IT'S ZATSUZA!

Jesus, I think that final pattern at max rank beats out Aki's final. Goddamn terrifying. I wonder if we'll ever see a Dame K.K-style perfect dodge?
Uploaded to youtube as well for those without Nico Nico account: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CROW_BlXu3M

Shame the quality is pretty bad.

ave

I've always asked myself this - why does nicovideos quality look like Youtube in 2006? It really sucks, so many artifacts...  :rolleyes:
東亜プラン4ライフ

RAR

I think it's probably because you tried to watch it during their peak usage.