The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsl

Yeah, I think it's still a fairly immature technology at this point.  For every article I read about the wonders of SSDs, I see another one talking about how soon the drive will start failing or how difficult it is to truly erase data forever etc.  Anandtech had a pretty excellent omnibus article a while back that was basically "SSDs for Dummies" and a heck of a read.  It pretty much convinced me that Intel was the manufacturer to stick to for the time being.

HVL

Quote from: brentsg on February 16, 2011, 12:58:20 PM
Steer clear of the OCZ SSDs for a bit.

Wow, that's pretty disheartening.

It seems I was lucky and got older stock, mine came with 1.24 firmware and benched similarly to all reviews (=34nm) I've read.

EDIT: I just read your post's subject. How about CAVE-SSD? :laugh:

brentsg

Quote from: HVL on February 18, 2011, 10:27:43 AM
Quote from: brentsg on February 16, 2011, 12:58:20 PM
Steer clear of the OCZ SSDs for a bit.

Wow, that's pretty disheartening.

It seems I was lucky and got older stock, mine came with 1.24 firmware and benched similarly to all reviews (=34nm) I've read.

EDIT: I just read your post's subject. How about CAVE-SSD? :laugh:

Fixed.   :laugh:

The crazy thing is they want to hide behind their NAND supplier, that they can't control what is available to them.  The real issue is that they're riding the success of the existing reviews out there without alerting the buyer with a part number change, sticker, whatever.

brentsg

My last SSD update, promise.  Perhaps I'll move these later.

Update: OCZ offering free replacements for affected customers

This is good news. OCZ support has always been fantastic and although this should never have happened in the first place, it's good to see OCZ making good on it with their customers.

Details: http://www.storagereview.com/ocz_issues_mea_culpa_offers_free_ssd_replacements

HVL

That's nice of them. :righton:

Got a new mouse (I hate "gaming" crap but the DeathAdder kills) and DS Deluxe Edition.

I swear, some of these days I'm gonna get a proper camera...

pestilence

HVL

MagicT

Arrive my Muchi & PS  :whyioughtta:

And I finally bought one HRAP EX-SE.. This Stick very great!

bitkid

Dunno where to post this but just FYI for anyone ordering from Play-Asia any time in the near future...I got my package held in customs in California for a radiation clearance...a package from HONG KONG. so crazy.

njiska

Went to a convention in the midwest last weekend. Took in a huge haul. $200 netted me these two gems:

Mushihimesama Limited Edition with Figure (JP PS2). All complete and in box. Looks like it was never touched. Prefect mint condition.
Sin and Punishment (JP N64). Also complete and mint.

And then I spends some cheap cash on:

Sega Game Gear Unit with a still functioning screen
Jurassic Park (GG)
Sonic (GG)
Sonic 2 (GG)
Sonic Chaos (GG)
Super Columns (GG)
Mortal Kombat (GG)
Fantasy Zone Gear (GG)

Sega Dreamcast (Replaces my unit with the dying disc drive)

Sega Saturn Action Replay w/Dead 4MB ram bank (I can hot swap to my ram cart if needed)
Virtua Cop 2 (US SAT)
Saturn Stunner light gun

Teal Gameboy Color
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Blue
Tetris

Raiden Project (US PSX)
Raiden III (US PS2)
Silent Hill 3 (US PS2)
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (US XBOX)
Ultimate Shooting Collection (US WII)
Onichanbara (US WII)
No More Heroes 2 (US WII)
Yoshi's Island (US SNES)
Yoshi's Story (US N64)
Last Window (EU DS)
The Legendary Starfy (US DS)
Hey look I have a crappy blog -- Njiska v3

DOJ - Pride of wankers and elitists everywhere!

drunkninja

Nice haul.

I've been on a bit of a hitch of my own lately.  Got an itch to play the GBC Zeldas, but realized I don't have a system that actually plays them (just a Game Boy Micro and a DS Lite), so I picked up an original GBA and a GameCube with a Game Boy Player.  Picked up Link's Awakening DX and Oracle of Seasons (gonna get Ages too, but I actually played that one before, so I wanna go with fresh experiences first).  And to add to the Zelda hitch, picked up the original on NES and LttP on SNES.  Played them both years ago, but never actually owned them.

And just to make sure I clear out my wallet, I bought Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky on Amazon today =D

HVL

SLG3000 #123. :righton:

I haven't tried it yet, I ordered a VGA cable but was sent some wrong crap. There's no point in returning it, as the store in question would cover a whopping ~?2 of the return postage.

emphatic

I had this (very nice) little nugget waiting for me as I got home today:

A lil' bit bigger than the nicked TAITO ones:

:awe:

brentsg

HVL

Ordered Blackmagic Intensity Pro. Pondered on the Shuttle but decided against because USB 3.0 is still quite dodgy, no native support on AMD platforms etc.

Going to do some replay capturing, having easily accessible files on a PC sure beats the clunky ingame viewing.

eckart

ave

東亜プラン4ライフ

eckart

EOJ

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

Finally got my (unofficial) 2-disc remastered DVD of Tsui Hark's "The Blade" that I happened to find with some Google-Fu a couple of months back. The seller even included a copy of a 70's Anime called "Belladonna Of Sadness" that I'm sure will be worth watching. The Blade is one of the best Asian films I've seen, so getting it in high quality with English subs is awesome!

HVL

Awesome bike. Riding fixed gear has put the fun back into cycling and is a great workout too.

Also:

[not my pic]

adverse

Awesome bike, HVL. Love the sloping tubes.

Pics of my bike on the kitchen rack.

New frame I'm going to start building up this summer.

HVL

Quote from: adverse on March 24, 2012, 09:07:32 AM
Awesome bike, HVL. Love the sloping tubes.

Pics of my bike on the kitchen rack.

*img*

New frame I'm going to start building up this summer.

*img*

Thanks. I also love the sloping top tube, it gives the bike a semi-pursuit look.

I purchased this as a complete bike (it's a somewhat customized Le Prince 2011) but I intend to build something from scratch next winter once I have accumulated some knowledge and skill.

Nice bike, I like that style of frame a lot. I considered getting a similarly colored Cinelli Gazzetta but in the end decided not to as it would have required building it myself.

eckart

drboom

adverse

Quote from: HVL on March 30, 2012, 11:35:34 AM
Thanks. I also love the sloping top tube, it gives the bike a semi-pursuit look.

I purchased this as a complete bike (it's a somewhat customized Le Prince 2011) but I intend to build something from scratch next winter once I have accumulated some knowledge and skill.

Nice bike, I like that style of frame a lot. I considered getting a similarly colored Cinelli Gazzetta but in the end decided not to as it would have required building it myself.

Cinelli Gazzetta is fucking beautiful.

http://www.wrenchscience.com/track/frames/Cinelli/Gazzetta/2012/

Right-click save. My new frame is a booty-ass Samson road bike. Won't look too hot but it should be ridable.

eckart

Thanks drboom!
Wonder if the korean version got the same dipsettings. On normal the bullets are realy fast. I set it on easy.
Ok, after level three the bullets fasten up also. Had a same same same pcb a while back, and it was much easier than this one.
I have some wire pimps on the backside of the pcb, not realy know what this all about.
- Maybe only for a 2 player bastard rum.;)

ookitarepanda

Finally put up my posters today. I'll switch out the Samurai IV poster for Ibara Black Label when that poster is flattened out a little from the tube.

emphatic

I really love that E.S.P. Ra.De. poster! I think I have to get one for myself when I get a dedicated game room...