The Stuff You've Bought thread (with pictures, ideally)

Started by EOJ, May 15, 2008, 02:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Just got these goodies in the mail today:

Mint condition NOS Muchi Muchi Pork POP (original from 2007, not the reprint):

Pink Sweets and Mushihimesama flyers:

Small Ibara flyer (x2):

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

EOJ

SDOJ Super Limited Edition. Brand new and sealed (though not anymore as I opened it up right after this pic was taken). Found it on YAJ. I wanted it mainly for the toresetsu (which I don't think was available elsewhere) and the art book.

My score archive

EOJ

Just arrived: brand new Sigma AV7000 Supergun + 9000TB controller (with JP21 RGB cable and Jamma harness).

I had one of these years ago and loved it to pieces, but had to sell it when I moved to Japan. This set is just as nice as my old one and this time I'm not selling.

Just waiting for my OSSC 1.6 to arrive then I'll be in business.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

OSSC 1.6 arrived today (with remote, PSU and SCART to JP21 RGB adaptor).

My score archive

EOJ

Quote from: Monouchi on May 11, 2018, 02:08:36 AM
A supergun?

The Sigma AV-7000 is the supergun. I will use the OSSC (upscaler unit) to play it on my LCD monitor with zero added lag + scanlines.  :righton:
My score archive

Monouchi

EOJ

My score archive

Monouchi

Thanks.
Though right now Im set with zero lag and scanlines:   http://www.taitostation.se/     ;)
(And four extra restored monitors in the storage.)

On topic, got no pic but bought a Raiden Fighters JET cart. Got really hyped on the game after trying it at an event.

EOJ

Wow, four monitors in storage! You're probably set for life.

I'd love to get a cab some day but they're hard to find in good condition and I don't have a lot of space for one (yet).

I still might pick up a Sony PVM/BVM monitor in the near future, though even with that I'll have trouble finding enough space. If this LCD setup is not to my liking, however, I'll go that other route.
My score archive

Monouchi

PVM/BVMs are really nice, I know some people here in Sweden that picked up some big ones.
I would really like to find a 29" one. (If they exist?)

EOJ

MFBL Another Version NOS kit.  My first Cave kit in over 8 years. :righton:

My score archive

Monouchi

Well done Sir. Got lucky with a Box in nice condition too.

EOJ

Thanks, I'm really enjoying playing PCBs again! Like putting a vinyl record on a turntable and lowering the needle, there is something pleasingly organic and ritualistic about connecting a PCB to a jamma harness and turning on the power switch.
My score archive

Monouchi

I really agree,
Starting up a pcb is so direct and feels so clean. No loading, updating software, sign in etc etc like on consoles.

Now when I have been playing so much Cave Im looking into some other shmups, some of them are still quite cheap on pcb so I buy them for just trying them out, its always cool getting a new pcb in your hands.
I visited a Retro fair the other week and got to try out Raiden Fighters Jet on pcb and it was awesome, so now I bought a cart.

EOJ

My score archive

zak

Quote from: EOJ on April 16, 2018, 08:54:18 PM
Just got these goodies in the mail today:

Mint condition NOS Muchi Muchi Pork POP (original from 2007, not the reprint):

What is the difference between the reprint and the original kit pop?

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on April 26, 2018, 11:34:32 PM
SDOJ Super Limited Edition. Brand new and sealed (though not anymore as I opened it up right after this pic was taken). Found it on YAJ. I wanted it mainly for the toresetsu (which I don't think was available elsewhere) and the art book.

Lovely.

I am importing the "standard" limited edition from YAJ as I type. Not a cheap game, but will be pleased to have it!

EOJ

Quote from: fuzzbuddy on January 18, 2020, 11:31:16 AM

What is the difference between the reprint and the original kit pop?

I've heard the colors are a bit different in the reprints.
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on April 30, 2018, 06:14:40 PM
Just arrived: brand new Sigma AV7000 Supergun + 9000TB controller (with JP21 RGB cable and Jamma harness).

I had one of these years ago and loved it to pieces, but had to sell it when I moved to Japan. This set is just as nice as my old one and this time I'm not selling.

Just waiting for my OSSC 1.6 to arrive then I'll be in business.  :righton:

Absolutely amazing. I am looking for one of these. I am based in Germany. Please get in touch [anyone] if you know of one for sale :)

EOJ

They recently replaced the AV7000 and 9000TB with the 1AV and 3TB, so I would just buy those instead (they are basically the same thing in a slightly different look):

https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=5966
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on February 06, 2020, 03:07:10 AM
They recently replaced the AV7000 and 9000TB with the 1AV and 3TB, so I would just buy those instead (they are basically the same thing in a slightly different look):

https://www.tops-game.jp/products/detail.php?product_id=5966

Appreciated (hello from Twitter btw!). So this would play a CAVE PCB? Recommend a "good value" one if I were to start? I hope this isn't thread de-railment :)

EOJ

It's the best supergun out there. It plays pretty much any PCB you can find and is extremely reliable and easy to use.

IMO the four best CAVE PCBs if you want to spend $1000 or less are Ibara, Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2. But if you like older stuff, you might want to look into Donpachi, ESP Ra.De and Espgaluda (all of which are still relatively affordable).
My score archive

SH4R4KU

Quote from: EOJ on February 06, 2020, 03:24:27 AM
It's the best supergun out there. It plays pretty much any PCB you can find and is extremely reliable and easy to use.

IMO the four best CAVE PCBs if you want to spend $1000 or less are Ibara, Mushihimesama, Mushihimesama Futari 1.5 and Espgaluda 2. But if you like older stuff, you might want to look into Donpachi, ESP Ra.De and Espgaluda (all of which are still relatively affordable).

Thank you :)

I think I prefer the look of the older super gun stick, but this still looks ace. Futari would be good. I would love any of the dodonpachis as they're my bag. Going to look into this Super Gun thing a bit more :)

EOJ

I bought a PS5 and a Mega Drive Mini 2 this week. Trying to decide which one to play first! :laugh:

My score archive

EOJ

I bought a couple Japanese Switch JRPGs: Susanoh Nihon Shinwa RPG and Cosmic Fantasy Collection.

I never played the Cosmic Fantasy games before, but I've started on the first one and I really love it after a couple hours of play! Nice old school RPG with a decent challenge and a charming late '80s anime story.

One thing to note about the Cosmic Fantasy collection is there are no save states, so you can't cheese your way through the games. This is actually kind of refreshing in this day and age. You can configure the controls to your liking, choose among three screen display options (4:3 full, dot-by-dot, and 16:9 stretched), and peruse scans of the original instruction manuals, among other little bonuses.
My score archive