Main Menu

Ketsui [CAVE 2003, PCB]

Started by EOJ, May 20, 2008, 10:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSoundofRed

If you're interested in getting my revised SDLMame folder + MAMEPGUI rar package, send me a PM.  :cool:

TheSoundofRed

Apologies for the double post. Thought it would be just as easy to put a link in this thread for anyone who's interested. I put a readme text file in the .zip if you need any help setting up MamePGUI and SDLmame. If you have any questions, send me a PM. Cheers.

download here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FLFJ44RF

ratsflif

Here are my compiles of the new MAME:

X64:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AGHMXV00

32bit:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=44URT23X

This mame is 140u2 plus newest pgm driver and refresh rate fixed to 59.17 and also has the nag screens removed.

dorakyura

Thanks to everyone who provided compiled binaries. Strangely I don't seem to be able to apply the 0140u1/0140u2 patch to my sources (trying to do so results in patch reporting "Hunk #X FAILED at XXX" and finally prompting if option "-R" is to be used). I downloaded everything from the official site (mamedev.org). Tried it on both Mac OS X and Ubuntu Linux (10.04), results are the same. Compiling without the patches works fine.

emphatic

The sound emulation is almost perfect now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQGv3LvpP90

Also a new build of the ShmupMAME binary is in the works, with all of the fixes included.

TheSoundofRed

In order to get everything working, I patched Mame with 0140u1, and 0140u2. Then i replaced the twp pgm.c files into their respective directories (drivers, video). Compiled a new Mame executable and dropped into my sdlmame 140 folder. I recompiled last night to add the refresh rate change of 59.17hz to the drivers/pgm.c file. Works perfect with an added scanline effect via the mame.ini.

Just got my wisdom teeth pulled so I have a bunch of free time to spend on Ketsui. Oh and the prescribed drugs are nice too!

dorakyura

Figured out what the problem was: mame sources as well as the patches come with DOS line endings. After converting all files compiling went well apart from having to manually build the symbol tables (ranlib *.a) from time to time ...

Anyway, it's nice to see them emulated :righton:

bitkid

Nimitz put up ShmupMAME 2.2 with Ketsui and DOJ/BL support with all the relevant patches. It seems to be the best means to play these in emulation now and is working quite well for me.

EOJ

I still haven't tried this out yet. Not much fun playing on my laptop when I can just fire up the X360 port on my RGB monitor.
I'll get round to it some day!
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

emphatic

EOJ: Best part of running it in MAME is that you can record your run straight to an .avi file.  :righton:

jyumi

AND you can also add scanline from a database or make your own, save scores, screen shots, use cheats (once everything is figured out) etc...
youtube: Ghostezra
general: Tyjet Poison

bitkid

SAVE STATES!
To be fair though I am still jealous of those of you that own the PCB and to a lesser degree the X360 port.

Despatche

Just tried playing it with Shmupmame/laglessmame v2.2. Seems about right.

I like how the game feels like one gigantic stage. It's pretty fast and difficult, and the scoring system is easy to work with; sounds a little like Dangun Feveron.

This game really is as good as they say.

GaijinPunch

Has anyone else not gotten button three (auto) to map?  Can't figure that one out.

Kaneda

Works for me. I went into the menus and manually mapped it to my Saturn pad then turned on auto fire in the dip switches.

emphatic

Quote from: GaijinPunch on December 16, 2010, 03:44:13 AM
Has anyone else not gotten button three (auto) to map?  Can't figure that one out.

Did you go into the SERVICE MENU and set it to "on"? Also, what emulator are you using? If you get that new ShmupMAME one it has nvram files along that sets the board to DEFAULT, meaning C=full auto "on".

ave

Yes, you have to enter the game menu and set auto-fire on manually. The difficulty is also set on EASY as default.
東亜プラン4ライフ

Despatche

ave, those have been fixed now; this should be apparent in MAME 0.140u3.

Correct defaults are NORMAL rank; 20,000,000/45,000,000 extend pts; and SHOT C RAPID FIRE on.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: ave on December 16, 2010, 08:01:45 AM
Yes, you have to enter the game menu and set auto-fire on manually. The difficulty is also set on EASY as default.

Wow, totally gay. :) 
Thanks for the heads up, everyones.

SuperPang

Was playing my PCB earlier (bugfixed ROM) and experienced something new. The game froze for about three seconds after the stage one score rundown before carrying on as normal. Is this a known bug?

kernow

Quote from: SuperPang on December 18, 2010, 12:54:37 PM
Was playing my PCB earlier (bugfixed ROM) and experienced something new. The game froze for about three seconds after the stage one score rundown before carrying on as normal. Is this a known bug?

V2 bugfixed rom or V3? :awe:

emphatic

Quote from: SuperPang on December 18, 2010, 12:54:37 PM

I've had this happen to me on the PCB, so I guess so, yes. Where you by any chance tapping buttons or moving the stick about during this time?

SuperPang

brentsg

Quote from: emphatic on December 18, 2010, 01:59:45 PM
Where you by any chance tapping buttons or moving the stick about during this time?

:facepalm:

Blade Runner

Hi,

Does anyone know what is required to unlock the Ketsui gamerpic?

Thanks.