Main Menu

Summer goals

Started by EOJ, May 20, 2008, 11:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Summer is a time many have vacation, or at least some more free time to focus on games. Which CAVE games are you going to focus on this summer? What are your scoring goals?

For me, I want to try and work on the following goals:

Mushi Futari Black Label God Mode - 3+bil w/ Reco (COMPLETED!)
Mushi Futari 1.5 - Ultra mode (get to stage 4)
Deathsmiles - 300+mil ALL
Mushi Futari 1.5 - Maniac mode 600+mil ALL (COMPLETED!)
Mushi Futari Black Label - Maniac mode 800+mil ALL (COMPLETED!)
Pink Sweets - normal mode ALL (w/ infinite lives trick) (COMPLETED!)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

zlk

Finish some of these games:

ESPGII - I have been deep into stage 6 but each time I play the game for a few days, I just lose interest in it.

Pink Sweets (using the bug/feature of course) - I don't like this game much, but if I can trigger the infinite lives FEATURE, I guess I would take the cheap 1cc.

MMP - I am currently playing this and at the stage 4 boss.  It is fun, but maybe not as easy as GP/EOJ say.  

Ibara - I have been to the stage 6 boss many times, but always with no men and few bombs.  I mess up the stage 5 boss frequently.  

I never have any scoring goals with respect to Cave games, just finishing it once is enough.

EOJ

Quote from: zlkFinish some of these games:

ESPGII - I have been deep into stage 6 but each time I play the game for a few days, I just lose interest in it.
Yeah, I did a quick and dirty 1CC with Ageha (low score, under 300mil) recently, and that was enough for me so I sold it last week. The game doesn't interest me at all any more. I find the scoring annoying and tedious after awhile.

MMP is pretty easy as long as you score decently. If you do a low scoring run, I can see how it might be tricky, as you won't have as many lives to play with. Try to get at least 10mil-25mil-40mil (+the 1up in the midboss)-60mil by the end of each of the first 4 stages, and the game won't seem so hard. Also, use Rafute.
My score archive

KOMA

Mushi Futari BL:
Objective God mode- 1,5/2 Billions,i've just break my previous score,it is about 1.2Bil
Objective Normal mode :700M All with Reco
Objective Maniac Mode :600M All with Palm

MMP-I want 1CC the game or at least see the last stage :lol:

Death smiles - 200M with ALL

SinHo

As it looks now, I will focus on improving my HS in Ketsui, the target is over 100 mil. Current HS is about 82 mil.
If I make it, I will dig into ESPG and MMP. As I just bought the games I don?t have a HS target yet.

In general, my aim for this summer is to beat any HS set by sven666 *smile*

gsl

Goal for this summer: Acclimate to the reality of returning to America and having no easy access to Deathsmiles, Mushi Futari BL, DDP DOJ BL, ESP Galuda 2, Ketsui, etc.

Other goals:  Rocking the hell out of the PS2 ports of Mushihimesama and ESP Galuda which have gathered dust in my absence, and DDP DOJ and the Saturn port of DDP which I'll return with.  The PS2 games I haven't played enough to know even where I'm sitting score-wise, and in DDP I've got a high of some 15,000,000 I'd like to pass.  It certainly won't be the same as a real arcade, though. :(

Budloc

my actual goal is to 1CC the Original Mode of Mushi Futari 1.5, i'm so damn close (i know it's not that hard, but i'm only doing shit with this game :( )

Summer goal could be to get 250M on ESPGaluda 2 or 20M on Progear No Arashi.

GaijinPunch

Quote from: "EOJ"Mushihimesama Ultra mode
Hmmm.... just play it?  What's the goal here? :)
You'd think after God mode you might be able to handle it.  But... it's still a whore.  I popped it in recently.  It's really not that much easier than Futari's Ultra... same ballpark, I guess you could say.  Pattern memorization at it's worse.

My goals:
ESPGaluda II: Asagi clear (600 mil?  No, but I'll still play)
MMP: Ikuo clear

Maybes:
-buy Death Smiles and get a good score
-Clear DFK in the arcades (very challenging)

Things I should be doing:
Progear 1-loop clear

toby

Summer goals (depending on weather :) ):
Mushi Futari 1.5 Original Mode 1CC
Mushi Futari 1.5 Maniac 1CC

Later goals:
Esgaluda2 - 1cc sometime this year. I really liked the game at first, but lost interest all of a sudden and never felt any desire to start playing it again. Aiming for the top-spot on my pcb, which is ~400 mil.

Ibara - Bought a kit that I haven't touched yet, aiming for a letter score.

Futari Ultra Mode - Looks a lot more diffucult than Mushi's ultra, don't know what to aim for. 300mil perhaps.

cannonball

My goals are to 1CC MMP and DS

jpj

i'd like to clear ibara (damn post rankings :P), or at least get a B score
clear DOJ BL's 1st loop with some sort of regularity (and a fully chained st5 in a scoring run would be nice)

but i'd be satisfied with consuming plenty of beer and getting a tan :laugh:

sven666

mines to play either DDP5 and/or DS

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch
Quote from: "EOJ"Mushihimesama Ultra mode
Hmmm.... just play it?  What's the goal here? :)
You'd think after God mode you might be able to handle it.  But... it's still a whore.  I popped it in recently.  It's really not that much easier than Futari's Ultra... same ballpark, I guess you could say.  Pattern memorization at it's worse.
Yeah, Mushi's Ultra is pretty tough. But I really like the challenge, and the bullet patterns are gorgeous. I've also been playing Futari's Ultra some more (w/Palm), and I'm slowly getting better. I practiced Stage 3 last night and got through it with only 1 death and 2 bombs. :righton:
My score archive

drboom

I'm thinking for this summer:
Mushi Futari 1.5 Original - 1CC
Ketsui - 100 mil+ (best right now is a paltry 40 mil :oops:)
Mushihimesama Maniac - 1CC (Stage 4 is still working me over)

..and possibly some time on DOJ if my friend Dave loans it to me for part of the summer.
I'd also really like to find or borrow a copy of Guwange. I've been playing it emulated and finally 'got it' a few weeks back and have really grown to like the game a lot.

Kaneda

Quote from: gslGoal for this summer: Acclimate to the reality of returning to America and having no easy access to Deathsmiles, Mushi Futari BL, DDP DOJ BL, ESP Galuda 2, Ketsui, etc.
Good luck with that, man. Returning to America for me was real hard and I'm still pretty shaken. Even worse, right after I got back I got a job at an "arcade" (Gameworks). Everyday I would play their crappy Metal Slug 5 cabinet because it was the only game that resembled games I like and cried bitter tears.

Anyways, my goals:

I need money so I'm gonna sell MMP, but I'd like to get the top score in the HS thread before I do so. 170+m would be nice.

RGC

The only Cave game I've played of late is ESP2. Took a little break for a week or two to focus on other life stuff (and some casual APB -- can I mention that here? :P), but my loose plan is to return to ESP2 and achieve 250-260mil with Ageha. Beating Mulletgeezer's PB would suffice. See, I'm a less motivated without an opponent to defeat.

After that, hmmm, perhaps go for the 1'CC. Or maybe take another stab at ESP Arrange Mode (it should be easier following all that ESP2 practice).

Cthulhu4prez

Well, my summer plans don't really stretch beyond me getting my hands on a cave board, either Guwange or Espgaluda 2 I think.

freddiebamboo

A letter ALL score in Ibara and 1CC's of rade and galuda hopefully.

jaycm1

my summer goal is to buy a new cave pcb i just can't decide deathsmiles (when its a little bit cheaper) muchi muchi pork or mushi futari oh well for now im really in to guwange :)

Sycada

If I can just 1CC Futari in Original mode then I'll be happy. I'm so close!!!!

Oh and pay my credit card off completely so I can start saving for a Daifukkatsu or Ketsui. ;)

RGC

Having beaten two personal bests this evening (Dodonpachi and ESP1 Arrange Mode), something must have been 'just right' -- planetary alignment coupled with just the right amount of alcohol, perhaps.

Anyway, I can definitely see the latter of these games making my summer goals list as it's truly amazing.

I'd even rank ESP2>ESP1Arrange>ESP1 (today anyway) :)

elf

Playing DDP5 and finally Ketsui!

Geezer

Assuming 5pb release their ports soon, I want to hit 80m in Ketsui. Not a big score for many of you but big for me, my previous best is a shade under 50m.

I might even play some DOJ BL too. Although I'm not fond of chaining my goal would be to chain stages 1 and 2.

Lets hope they don't fuck up the ports :righton:

jpj

you're not alone mate, ketsui kicks my arse too  :D

just seen EOJ edited his first post in the thread :lol:

Third_strike

Well! My winter goal is progear 1cc!
Summer only in December!
CooL!

Geeb

Beat DoDonPachi.
Beat DonPachi.
Beat ESP Ra.De.

One of those 3.

jonny5

ESP Ra.De 1cc.....prolly not but i will work on it......im very inconsistent with this game....

as for other goals....get ketsui or futari and set about mastering em

although at this point it doesnt really look like anybody is at all interested in selling them to me so i will prolly grab a mushi PCB and rock that for a while

PROMETHEUS

get my bloody target score at dodonpachi and be done with STGs for a couple of years >.<
I started doing runs in march and thought I'd be done by May and here I still am. I so want to be DONE with this.

bitkid

Well I had a summer goal of beating Esp Ra.De. which I didn't accomplish. I just haven't made it past stage 4 yet. Then of course I finally picked up the Cave PS2 ports and have been spending a lot of time with Espgaluda and DOJ. Man DOJ really kicks my ass.

elf