Monthly Competition #4 - Dodonpachi (June)

Started by jpj, June 03, 2008, 11:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

okay, this month's score comp is for Dodonpachi

there are no special parameters this month, so feel free to choose whichever ship you like.  this is just a straight-up score attack.  the rules are default settings, and if you score quite highly it would be appreciated if you could post a pic as well.  please post current scores, and post them in this format:

name - score - stage - ship type

ie:
Quoteddpfan - 1,123,450 - 1-3 - B-S
and have fun!

1. Kaneda - 89,641,680 - 2-5 - C-S (404 max hit)

2. toby - 82,174,190 - 2-3 - C-S (482 max hit)

3. Icarus - 55,170,800 - 2-1 - C-S (392 max hit)

4. Plasmo - 52,572,890 - 2-2 - C-S (401 max hit)

5. freddiebamboo - 48,440,020 - 1-ALL - C-S (297 max hit)

6. RGC - 39,927,180 1-6 - C-S (204 max hit)

7. jpj - 31,334,800 - 1-6 - C-S (261 max hit)

8. AWE - 17,120,800 - 1-5 - C-S (257 max hit)

RGC

Cool. I take it we can only post scores achieved this month right?

Think I'm gonna go for B type for sheer craziness. :)

jpj

jpj

opening gambit:

jpj - 14,416,600 - 1-4 - C-S

RGC

Just a quickie:

RGC 14,937,900 1-5 B-S :D

These scores had better see humiliation soon, or else this board aint worthy of "cave-stg"

jpj

okay, i'm starting to get into this game :)  totally don't know the boss patterns yet though  :|

jpj - 21,364,360 - 1-5 - C-S

freddiebamboo

Quick couple of credits tonight and they weren't too bad considering I've not touched DDP in ages.  I have entirely forgotten what to do on the stage 5 boss though, and got creamed in between bombs.

freddiebamboo - 40,424,720 - 1-5 - C-S

The inp is recorded if anyone needs it, but I wouldn't recommend bothering to watch it.

No max chain on the scoreboard jpj?

jpj

Quote from: freddiebambooNo max chain on the scoreboard jpj?
feel free to post them if you like :)  i just forgot about it, to be honest :lol:

Icarus

First and last scorepost from someone who'd rather be playing Gokujyou Parodius.

Icarus - 55,170,800 - Stage 2-1 - C-S - 392HIT

Second credit of two, on the first and only intended day of play. While I can still remember how to full-chain st2, and most of st5, I made a mess of them here, and don't really want to try anyway.

I expect to be beaten comprehensively by the Cave experts, so do your worst. ^_-

Crappy input provided for Wolf0.106.

freddiebamboo

Quote from: IcarusFirst and last scorepost from someone who'd rather be playing Gokujyou Parodius.
From your namakoHQ posts it seems you've been over doing it on overly cute/disturbing konami games.

I prescribe chaining, pink bullets, a good bomb multiplier and, most importantly, a respectable score at this game ;)

Kaneda

Kaneda - 70,896,090 - 2-1 - C-S - 478HIT

Good thing I died 3 times in the 3rd stage.

Icarus

Quote from: freddiebambooFrom your namakoHQ posts it seems you've been over doing it on overly cute/disturbing konami games.

I prescribe chaining, pink bullets, a good bomb multiplier and, most importantly, a respectable score at this game ;)
I'll pass. I've had enough of enemy chaining games for one lifetime, thanks. ^_-

Played this game to death many moons ago, and I don't intend on taking it up again. This was more of a curiosity thing, to see if I could still hit the loop. Besides, cute/disturbing is goooooooood. Everyone needs a dose of 'weird' every now and again - too much 'serious' is bad for the health.

Good luck to everyone in this month's competition.

GaijinPunch

This is the one IKD game I've played almost none of.

RGC

jpj

Quote from: GaijinPunchThis is the one IKD game I've played almost none of.
haha, me too.  i've had the board for about a year, and only just got round to playing it.  chaining seems harder than DOJ.  or is that just me?

Sperrfeuer

AWE - 11,184,450 - 1-5 - C-L  
ok,ok.... i hope i'll have more time soon :oops:

jpj

jpj - 27,950,970 - 1-5 - C-S (356 max hit)

jpj

jpj - 31,334,800 - 1-6 - C-S (261 max hit)

chaining sucked balls in this run, and i don't think i had max bomb bonus at any time :|
but i did make it up to the section just before the last boss :)

toby

toby - 65,486,810 - 2-3 - C-S (376 max hit)

No missed (one bomb) stage 6 (minus boss) for the first time ever, and got a pretty decent chain from it also. Pretty crap run otherwise, but got the no-miss bonus in 2-1 and 2-2.

freddiebamboo

freddiebamboo - 48,440,020 - 1-ALL - C-S (297 max hit)

Crap, but it's an improvement.

RGC

Oh shit, look who just registered here. :shock:

Sperrfeuer

Quote from: RGCOh shit, look who just registered here. :shock:
SOF-WTN ? ;)

Kaneda

Yea, fuck it. There's still a lot of time left in the month, let's just move on to the next game.

jpj

:lol:  ban plz

(nah, i think he should post a score up :righton: )

Plasmo

Dodonpachi really is not my game but I wanted to give it a try for the monthly competition and reached the loop for the first time ever.:)

Plasmo - 52,572,890 - 2-2 - C-S (401 max hit)

Sperrfeuer

AWE - 17,120,800 - 1-5 - C-S (257 max hit)

RGC

Quote from: RGCBah, boring C-S punks. :whyioughtta:
And now, entering punkdom:

RGC - 34,381,040 - 1-6 - C-S (158 max hit)

Summary: Check out the terrible chaining! :D I think the only reason the score was as "high" as this was because I maintained max bombs until ST4 boss. I somehow missed the 1up on ST3, but made it to the loop 1 boss (died when he was down 50%ish). This was the PSX version too, which definitely seems harder than mame. Did not use any of the shitty inbuilt cheats, i.e. autofire or slowdown. I think next time I'm gonna stick with mame, despite yoko on 15". Save states are the only way to learn the order of every fucking tank to shoot.

RGC

More score entries please. All are welcome!

toby

toby - 82,174,190 - 2-3 - C-S (482 max hit)

I can finally chain stage 2 :righton: Died on the stage 1-3 boss so lost a few mil in bomb bonus. 72m after first loop. Replay available.