Dodonpachi Daioujou: White and Black Labels [CAVE 2002]

Started by EOJ, June 16, 2008, 09:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

Here's a link to a great zip file containing hi res scans from all the arcadia DDP DOJ articles and strategy guides!
Right click>save as:

http://movie.geocities.jp/bgrero8/ddpdoj.zip
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Shalashaska

Very cool, thanks for sharing! :righton: Now translate it all so rtw can throw it up on WoA! :P

rtw

The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

toby

Great link, thanks.

http://movie.geocities.jp/bgrero8/ddp.zip DDP, looks like the history of the development or something, and a IKD vs ZBL-NAI ddp faceoff. :)

EOJ

Ha, I didn't even think to check for other games on that site. Nice! Check out the DDP pic #9 - It shows ZBL-NAI playing his DDP Campaign PCB for the very first time, while Ikeda and crew look on. Note that they refer to this PCB as the "Dodonpachi Special Arrange Version", not as the "Campaign" version.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Other good stuff on there as well.  Twinkle Star Sprites, Gradius IV strategy, blah blah.

elf

thanks a lot for the ketsui scans.
Just what i was looking for

Deity

Thanks for the links!

Arcadia seems like a great magazine. Is anyone here subscribing to it? I'm considering signing up for a subscription, even though I don't really know how to read Japanese yet! haha :)

gsl

I usually tried to pick up the latest issue and skim through it in the bookstore.  It was neat for looking at info on upcoming games and whatnot, but I'm sure once I get home it'll just piss me off not being able to actually play most of the titles it talks about.  That said, are there any ways of getting subscriptions in the west?

MX7

Play Asia offers a subscription. There's no discount for effectively buying 12 at once though, which is very annoying. It just ensures that you'll get every episode (they sell out very quickly, especially when they have a pretty Cave cover ;))

GaijinPunch

Or you can find an import book store.  I paid $14 each in Hawaii.

gsl

But there's no import bookstores anywhere in BFN southern Oregon. :(  Oh well.

So since this is a DDP DOJ topic, I've noticed that playing the PS2 port is a lot more difficult than playing in the arcade.  For one, what was a crisply defined hit area that one could navigate through bullet patterns with ease is now a messy blob of red or green (depending on the ship) that I can sometimes navigate through a dense pattern, but more often than not just hit something.  Maybe I should look into a better TV--no matter how big it is, when you're forced to play games by running the composite input through the DVD player which is connected to the TV's sole coaxial input (sole input of any kind, despite being 30-some inches), it's a bit of a subpar experience.

Also, the first level boss is a total bitch and is infinitely more survivable on the Black Label.

Goongrave[KNS]

All the links posted over here do not work anymore :(

EOJ

Yeah, the guy's site is down. Maybe he removed everything, or moved it somewhere else. Will have to investigate.
My score archive

jpj

fuck.  i book-marked it for a later date.  had a similar thing last month with a japanese team of players that did replays for outrun2, daytona, etc  :/

EOJ

I can upload them later and post them in the Ura Loop forum.
My score archive

rtw

I concur with jpj, I also had them bookmarked :(

Would really loved to have seen this one:

http://movie.geocities.jp/bgrero8/ddp.zip

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Plasmo

Check Ura loop section for ddp scan re-upload.