Author Topic: What's that CAVE game worth?  (Read 32157 times)

Offline RGC

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Maniac Member
Re: What's that CAVE game worth?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 07:58:29 AM »
If I'd known sooner I could have traded with RGC and some money, oh well  :-X

no big deal hehe

You can still trade your cash for RGC's Galuda 2 :)

Don't want to sway your judgment of course, but it IS one sexual game. 

Offline kernow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2008, 08:42:15 AM »
I'll let you know if this deal falls through, you'd have to come up with a price though!

:P

To be honest I don't think I'd pay much more than ?350 for a complete used kit. I think it'd stop me playing galuda 1 and I just love that game. :(

Offline RGC

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
By complete, do you mean with poster and DVD, as I don't have these?

Offline kernow

• Maniac Member
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2008, 12:39:14 PM »
Not sure about the dvd if it was included or not, but the poster for sure.

I'm not really interested in the full size poster even like that, as it'd never get hung up so whats the point, hehe.

I love me bare pcb's

Offline markedkiller78

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2008, 01:02:56 PM »
The DVD is an extra $80+  :'(

Offline thamasha69

• Maniac Member
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 12:49:20 AM »
I know it was posted a few days ago, but Fujita lists Muchi Muchi Pork bare for 70k yen.  I live in the U.S. and recall seeing MMP sell for ~$800USD.  Should I assume that is currently market value, or perhaps its going down a bit in price....its the number one game to own on my list.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 01:07:21 AM »
70k yen is cheaper than $800. So go for the 70k yen one. ;)
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

jonny5

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2008, 03:34:06 PM »
how much do bare ddp(jp master versiopn) pcbs go for these days?

i am getting the feeling that i payed way too much....mind you i made an offer....but me thinks i went to high.....but im not really interested in looking like a scalper with an over priced good for sale, so i would like my asking price to reflect the actual going rate....

i will eat the loss....its my own stupid fault....i think in my head i had ddp doj price in mind, which is more valuable than DDP obviously.....serves me right.....

lmk

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2008, 03:35:32 PM »
They go for about $300 + shipping.
My score archive

jonny5

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »

ouch!!!  so my offer of $400 shipped was a wee bit high.....my own fault tho.....

thats one costly lesson!!! :'(

ahhh well....live and learn.....wouldnt be so bad if i liked the game.....

jaycm1

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 03:08:06 AM »
what's the new dodonpachi 1.5 kit worth there asking $1800 at legend but both gaijinpunch and mmm sold there's for $1340 shipped so what's it worth?

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 03:09:49 AM »
Seems to sell for about $1340 shipped in Western forums now. Still $1800+ at PCB shops.
My score archive

PROMETHEUS

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 09:01:56 AM »

ouch!!!  so my offer of $400 shipped was a wee bit high.....my own fault tho.....

did you not even try it under MAME before buying it ? -___-

jonny5

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 12:06:28 PM »

did you not even try it under MAME before buying it ? -___-

of course :rolleyes:

just figured id give it a go....and it wouldnt be tough to trade it up...which ive already done....

i was mostly interested in seeing how the PCB played in comparison to mame....

Offline Sycada

• Maniac Member
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »
G-Front seem to be selling DFK 1.5 for 140,000Y pity they don't do overseas deals do they?

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2008, 09:36:49 PM »
yeah, but that's for a bare PCB. There was a bare PCB up on YAJ a few weeks ago for 110,000 yen, that didn't sell after being relisted a few times. Now it appears to be gone.
My score archive

Offline Sycada

• Maniac Member
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 09:50:49 PM »
Ah right. Thanks for clearing that up, my Japanese truly sucks!  :laugh:

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »
Fujita and the like should be selling new kits for 140,000yen (or slightly cheaper) in a few months, so you may just want to hold out until then, if a good deal doesn't pop up in the meantime. I don't see this kit ever getting below 100,000 yen for a new kit though. Unless a port is announced soon.
My score archive

Offline markedkiller78

• Maniac Member
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2008, 04:49:10 AM »
Fujita and the like should be selling new kits for 140,000yen (or slightly cheaper) in a few months, so you may just want to hold out until then, if a good deal doesn't pop up in the meantime. I don't see this kit ever getting below 100,000 yen for a new kit though. Unless a port is announced soon.

I thought it wasn't 'that" popular in Japan? I guess it will follow the Mushi trend of staying expensive until it sells out thanks to the Bomber / Power modes.

I was really hoping that they had made a ton of these so I could actually buy one sub ?500. The exchange rate has made that extreemly unlikily now

Offline Sycada

• Maniac Member
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 04:15:42 PM »
Thanks for the advice,
just heard from Fujita. The kits are 165,000Y there now
Excellent.com are at $2033US!!!

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 04:27:48 PM »
165,000 yen isn't bad compared to other shops. Sorta sucks at today's exchange rates though, as it's about $1650 + shipping/fees.
My score archive

Offline Sycada

• Maniac Member
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »
Yeah, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted though, especially seeing that stuff about the Power style that you put up. Got some considering to do  :-\

Offline GaijinPunch

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2008, 11:36:26 PM »
Thanks for the advice,
just heard from Fujita. The kits are 165,000Y there now
Excellent.com are at $2033US!!!

The last one on Yahoo Japan went for 100,000 yen.  This is the fastest price drop since Galuda 2.  I would wait.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2008, 11:39:54 PM »
That was a BIN from a shady seller w/ no pic of the kit. Not a great measure of the going rate for the game.

DDP DFK kits are still pricey in the shops (165,000+yen). Futari dropped much faster than this, it was under 150,000 yen just a few weeks after release. Daifukkatsu has been out for 5 months and is following a similar pricing pattern that Deathsmiles had.

Of course, the longer you wait, the cheaper it will get. Especially used kits/PCBs on YAJ.
My score archive

innerpattern

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2008, 02:02:40 AM »
As soon as Deathsmiles hits $500-600 range it's mine. I think it will after sometime after Mega BL hits and certainly once the port is out if it's any good.

Offline Sycada

• Maniac Member
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2008, 04:49:36 AM »
I'm waiting for a bit now but keeping an eye out  =D
I've got a good chunk of cash set aside for it that should be more than enough to pick it up so the fact that if I bought it now it would blow my budget is definately an indicator that I should hang on for a bit longer ;)

Offline GaijinPunch

• Ultra Member
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2008, 01:40:12 AM »
That was a BIN from a shady seller w/ no pic of the kit. Not a great measure of the going rate for the game.

Shady?  Hardly.  He's sold many kits w/ no negative feedback left for them.  The only ones he has are from earlier in the year, and were for transactions that never happened.  I know you got your 1.0 board that can't have Ultra unlocked, but I think that's a over sight more than anything.  I've had no issues w/ the guy.

The ones before that were 120,000 yen... at least two sold at this price point.  Still far below the asking price of the shops.

DDP DFK kits are still pricey in the shops (165,000+yen).

Huge difference in the price they're listed for and the price they sell for.

Futari dropped much faster than this, it was under 150,000 yen just a few weeks after release. Daifukkatsu has been out for 5 months and is following a similar pricing pattern that Deathsmiles had.

There were a few on YJ for 180,000 yen-ish just after release.  Futari might have had a quick dip, but it hovered for much longer.  No new kit sold for 120,000 yen 3 months after release.  A couple have for DFK.  And as before, it's not like people are jumping at 160,000.  Look at MMM's price drops.

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2008, 02:25:55 AM »

Shady?  Hardly.  He's sold many kits w/ no negative feedback left for them.  The only ones he has are from earlier in the year, and were for transactions that never happened.  I know you got your 1.0 board that can't have Ultra unlocked, but I think that's a over sight more than anything.  I've had no issues w/ the guy.

Saying Ultra is unlockable on a 1.0 board when it isn't is shady, it's no oversight. He knew saying it had Ultra would increase the value, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it. It takes 10 seconds to flick it on and check if Ultra is there. It cost me over $300 fucking dollars to unlock Ultra. I'll never buy from that guy again, if only out of principle. Unfortunately I am unable to leave negative feedback for the transaction, but if I could he'd have 3 negs intead of 2.

DDP DFK kits are still pricey in the shops (165,000+yen).

Huge difference in the price they're listed for and the price they sell for.

Well someone must be buying them, or they'd drop the price lower and faster, like Futari (or even Deathsmiles).

Futari might have had a quick dip, but it hovered for much longer.  No new kit sold for 120,000 yen 3 months after release.  A couple have for DFK. 

Huh? Where were these brand new kits sold for 120,000 yen in August? That was 3 months from release.
I haven't seen a single brand new kit sell for 120,000 yen on YAJ. But maybe I missed it. I saw a used one sell for that much though.

Yeah Futari was more stable, but that's because it dropped to ~$1400 in the shops a mere 3 weeks after its release. There's still no shop selling brand new DDPDFK kits that low (not even close), and we're at 5 months from release.

Anyway, YAJ is a poor measure of how the game is selling (meaning the amount of money AMI is getting from each copy of the game). The economy is shit now, which will also contribute to lower prices there. Truth be told a used kit did sell for 168,000 yen in September there, 3.5 months after release:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f71379805

Ultimately, you need to look at the prices in the shops. DDPDFK is holding its value in the shops actually even better than Deathsmiles (which dropped to 140,000 yen for a brand new kit at gfront just 3 months after release). After all, you were comparing the drop in price to that of Galuda 2, which sank like a ship in the shops, down to $700 for a brand new kit 8 months after its release. If DDPDFK kits are going for $700 in the shops 3 months from now, then you'd have a solid argument.
My score archive

Offline GaijinPunch

• Ultra Member
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2008, 03:55:18 AM »
Saying Ultra is unlockable on a 1.0 board when it isn't is shady, it's no oversight

Maybe he wants to sell it in an unlockable state.  I can understand being miffed about it, but you can hardly call it malicious.  It could just as easily be laziness.

Well someone must be buying them, or they'd drop the price lower and faster, like Futari (or even Deathsmiles).

Welcome to Japan.  Businesses are infamous for being pigheaded, and not very business smart.   Look at GFront.  Of course, this is hardly unique to PCB resellers.  As before though, neither of those two games could be had so cheapily their first 6 months out.  There's been at least 3 DFK's that sold for 120,000 or less on Yahoo.  Probably more but nobody picked them up b/c they were BIN's.

Huh? Where were these brand new kits sold for 120,000 yen in August? That was 3 months from release.
I haven't seen a single brand new kit sell for 120,000 yen on YAJ

I meant Sep:
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g70633425

And that *IS* a reputable seller.  I've bought a few boards from him.

Ultimately, you need to look at the prices in the shops.

List prices and sales prices are two different worlds.

DDPDFK is holding its value in the shops actually even better than Deathsmiles (which dropped to 140,000 yen for a brand new kit at gfront just 3 months after release).

That would mean in January it could be had for 140,000 yen? GFront posted the first official price drop.  I even posted about it somewhere (I thought here, but w/ the old URL/board).  The drop was only to 160,000 yen though, and I'm quite sure it was later than January (late Feb, maybe even March).  There's a way to dig up GFront's old price lists, but I can't figure it out now.  I see some auctions sold for 150,000 as late as January.  And while you think auctions are a poor judge of value (they're actually better than an Akihabara shop), only a few times out of a hundred will something sell for more in an auction than can be had in a shop.

And I didn't say it's tanking like Galuda 2... I'm saying it's the fastest drop *since* Galuda 2.  I'm not the only one saying it either. 

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2008, 04:11:16 AM »
Saying Ultra is unlockable on a 1.0 board when it isn't is shady, it's no oversight

Maybe he wants to sell it in an unlockable state.  I can understand being miffed about it, but you can hardly call it malicious.  It could just as easily be laziness.

Well the fact he said you could play Ultra on the PCB gave the impression it was already unlocked. And whether malicious or lazy, the end result is the same. I'm out over $300. So the seller sucks in my book.

As before though, neither of those two games could be had so cheapily their first 6 months out.  There's been at least 3 DFK's that sold for 120,000 or less on Yahoo. 

I got my Deathsmiles kit on YAJ for 120,000 yen a bit shy of 6 months after release. So they could be had for that price there. Soon after they were selling for 100K-ish.

I haven't seen a single brand new kit sell for 120,000 yen on YAJ

I meant Sep:
http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g70633425

And that *IS* a reputable seller.  I've bought a few boards from him.

That's the one I saw. But it's not brand new, it states right in the auction the kit is used.

DDPDFK is holding its value in the shops actually even better than Deathsmiles (which dropped to 140,000 yen for a brand new kit at gfront just 3 months after release).

That would mean in January it could be had for 140,000 yen? GFront posted the first official price drop.  I even posted about it somewhere (I thought here, but w/ the old URL/board).  The drop was only to 160,000 yen though, and I'm quite sure it was later than January (late Feb, maybe even March). 

Yeah, I messed up here. Checking back, it dropped to 150,000 yen in late feb, 4 months after release. Still a faster drop than DDPDFK though. The first drop you posted here was to 168,000 yen in mid-January, 3 months after its release.

And I didn't say it's tanking like Galuda 2... I'm saying it's the fastest drop *since* Galuda 2. 

See the Deathsmiles comment above.
My score archive