Author Topic: Auctions of Interest and PCB Shop Price Lists  (Read 36640 times)

Offline cannonball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Maniac Member
Auctions of Interest and Price Lists
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2008, 01:28:24 PM »
Are there any other services aside from rinkya that make it easier to buy from YAJ?  I'm nervous about using their service.  Are they pretty reliable and are the fees reasonable?

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2008, 01:39:05 PM »
I've used Rinkya a lot, but only for high priced items. They're a rip-off for anything under 40,000yen. From 40,000 yen to 100,000 yen, you only pay a $55 fee + shipping to you. For stuff over 100,000 yen, the fee is $85. They ship really fast, and they pack everything extremely well. I got my Deathsmiles kit 5 days after the auction ended, for example. That's pretty damn fast. They accept credit cards and paypal for payment, and there are no extra fees for either of these payment services. The whole process is really smooth.
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline zakk

• Maniac Member
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2008, 02:17:16 PM »
I've always used shoppingmalljapan.com, but I may look at using Rinkya if the shipping is faster.

I also need to compare fees for lower priced items; although I suspect the answer is about the same.

Offline GaijinPunch

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2008, 07:42:47 PM »
The problem with Rinkya is that while the standard exchange rate seems to be TTF - 4 yen, Rinkya uses a 6 yen cushion.  They don't state it anywhere on there site though.  Depending on the price, you may or may not be saving money.  I would expect 99,999 yen items you are, 40,0001 yen items you are not.  They aren't the best at keeping it updated though, so if you time it right, you come out ahead with something close to the actual market price.  

I have a private proxy if anyone is interested.  A few people here use it... although I admit the last thing I need is more people buying arcade shit.  My wife's about to kill me as it is.  The fees are similar to SMJ (slightly cheaper).  As my Paypal account is domiciled in Japan, I pay more fees than Rinkya presumably.  As such, I could never offer a flat commission of $40 for a 100,000 yen item.  The Paypal transfer fee alone is just under $40 in such a case.  On the flip side, on average, I give a better exchange rate though.

If you send money via bank xfer, I give rate - 1 yen.  If you have a bank thats friendly with international bank transfers, it can be cheap.  Some people from Europe can send dough for 15 EUR or so, and they wind up saving about 3 yen on the dollar.

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2008, 07:49:49 PM »
yeah, you have to bid before Rinkya updates their yen:USD rate with a lower rate. When I got my Deathsmiles kit, Rinkya's rate was 98yen:$1, while the market rate was 101yen:$1. :righton: But yeah, they're often 6 yen or so below the market rate (though note they updated their rate to 99yen yesterday, which is only 4 yen under the market rate - so maybe they're improving on this). They update and publish their rates regularly on their main page btw. They always charge you the rate that they currently have published.

The bad side to Rinkya (one that I've thankfully never experienced) is that if the seller doesn't send the item to Rinkya, they will only refund up to 30,000 yen. So if you bid on some kit for 120K, you're out 90,000 yen. What are the policies on non-shipment of items from sellers for the other proxy services?
My score archive

Offline cannonball

• Maniac Member
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2008, 08:40:07 PM »
Thanks for the feedback on that.   I'll have to look into rinkya more.  So many good kits showing up on YAJ lately.

Offline GaijinPunch

• Ultra Member
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »
What are the policies on non-shipment of items from sellers for the other proxy services?
I think the policy in general is that you eat the cost.  The proxy service is bidding on behalf of you... not to buy an item to sell to you, if that makes sense.  Not sure how Rinkya makes up for it (well, their obsurd fees for cheap items probbly) but generally with a buyer protection policy, two people could take the middle man for all they're worth.

-Seller lists item for 200,000 yen
-Person using the proxy bids
-Middleman pays
-Seller doesn't ship...keeps money (splits it with bidder)
-Middleman fucked

It's harder to rip people off on YJ now as they require identification to sell (real identification) but it happens.  A colleague of mine from an old job got taken for 300,000 yen, thinking he was going to get a new HDTV.

It's rare though.  Way less than Ebay.  I've done a couple thousand transactions over the years, and only got dicked once, and that was b/c I forgot to pay the guy for like 2 weeks. He basically gave me negative feedback, AND didn't send the item.  Like a dumbass, I had him send it cheap (no tracking) so he could just say he didn't send it.  I have his address somewhere.  I should go beat his ass.

What you should be more concerned about is how active the middleman will be when the item is defective or doesn't arrive.  My guess is that SMJ is bad in this respect.  Just going off of other stories.  I could be wrong.  I do my best to talk to the seller to see what can be done.  I had one user send back a busted piece of hardware that the seller fixed for a pretty reasonable fee.

sven666

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2008, 02:55:51 AM »
Quote from: EOJ
What are the policies on non-shipment of items from sellers for the other proxy services?
SMJ = youre fooked, you eat the cost and thats the end of that chapter. :whyioughtta:

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 02:57:34 AM »
Rinkya's 30,000yen refund policy is sounding pretty good then!
My score archive

Offline zlk

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2008, 02:34:47 PM »

Budloc

« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2008, 06:42:52 PM »
Espgaluda II, loose pcb

current bid :  1,100 yen

ends 04/27, could be a great deal :D

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/106050446

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2008, 09:03:44 PM »
@budloc: I already mentioned that in post #54 in this thread - it's a broken PCB, that's why it's so cheap.
My score archive

Budloc

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2008, 08:29:08 AM »
oh ok, sorry i did not see you already mentioned it :oogle: , as i don't speak japanese i didn't know, it was broken.

i was all wrong on this one :whyioughtta:

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d84521625

Futari BLACK LABEL, *brand new*. Buy it now of 158,000 yen. If you don't snag it at that price, you're on drugs.

This is the same seller I bought my Deathsmiles kit from, by the way.
My score archive

Offline drboom

• Maniac Member
    • http://suicidebullets.blogspot.com
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2008, 05:18:00 PM »
Damn it, EOJ, :shock: I went immediately to my bank account to check funds after seeing this post but i have to try and hold onto some cash for the next few weeks as I was trying to save for a simple Futari 1.5 kit for sub 1K. But even as I write this I'm tempted to buy it. Man, it's hard to pass this one up.
Someone please buy this!

Offline Sycada

• Maniac Member
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
Yeah I was thinking about it too but I really can't afford it, plus I already have futari so it's a bit harder to justify plummeting myself into debt over.
Definately a great opportunity though! someone grab it :)

Offline zlk

• Maniac Member
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2008, 09:35:21 PM »
Wonder how much rgb_bubblebath will pay for this:

http://page6.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/f67460579

Offline Sperrfeuer

• Maniac Member
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2008, 04:02:37 AM »
Quote from: zlk
Uo Poko + box:

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b87155547
this was cheap :oogle: and i forgot to bid on it :mad:

Offline drboom

• Maniac Member
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2008, 09:39:14 AM »
Quote from: Sycada
Yeah I was thinking about it too but I really can't afford it, plus I already have futari so it's a bit harder to justify plummeting myself into debt over.
Definately a great opportunity though! someone grab it :)
Sell me your Futari and you are free to buy this BL! :D

Offline zakk

• Maniac Member
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2008, 03:38:54 PM »
Looks like only one person bid, and got it for 130k.

I'm really shocked this kit hasn't held its value better; I'd have expected with only a print run of 100 we'd be seeing prices closer to 200k right now. Even stranger that when these are coming up, they aren't getting very many bids.

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #80 on: April 27, 2008, 03:47:09 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty weird it sold for so low, particularly since it's brand new. The print run was 150, but still, it's pretty rare. The same seller has one more up for the same price (starting at 130K, BIN of 158K), in case anyone is interested.

Even though I paid $2200 for mine on release, I have zero regrets. The game is fantastic.
My score archive

Offline drboom

• Maniac Member
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2008, 04:28:17 PM »
EOJ - I know its a bit off-topic, but having not yet played Futari 1.5, would going straight for BL be worth it? Are they vastly different? Would I be able to appreciate the changes with out having played Futari?

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2008, 05:20:10 PM »
yes, they are very different - see the strategy thread for BL here for the details. You'll likely like BL more, because all 3 modes are very accessible and fun. In 1.5 Ultra mode is unplayable for most people. BL's God mode is roughly the same difficulty as Ketsui's first loop.
My score archive

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »
WTF? Why are there so many cheap Futari Black Labels on YAJ? This kit starts at 50K and has a BIN of 110K:

http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g66306731

That's cheaper than Deathsmiles. :/
My score archive

Offline Sperrfeuer

• Maniac Member
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2008, 02:05:29 PM »
maybe a rumor of a reprint? IMO "cave prices" went down generally in the last time....i think it's time to sell my kits :laugh:

Offline KOMA

• Maniac Member
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2008, 02:21:28 PM »
Quote from: Sperrfeuer
maybe a rumor of a reprint? IMO "cave prices" went down generally in the last time....i think it's time to sell my kits :laugh:
I get it for 700?,maket price :lol:

Honestly i don't understand why the price drop so much.

Offline thegreathopper

• Maniac Member
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
WTF? Why are there so many cheap Futari Black Labels on YAJ? This kit starts at 50K and has a BIN of 110K:

Any chance of anyone buying one of these cheap Mushi Black Labels and forwarding it on, I would obviously make it worth your while.;)

Offline GaijinPunch

• Ultra Member
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »

A Death Smiles (board only) sold for 75000 last night. :(

Online EOJ

• Administrator
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2008, 06:41:37 PM »
Wow. Do you have the auction link? I seem to have missed that one - must have been a quick "buy-it-now".

Looking at the current pricing trends, I'm definitely not buying Daifukkatsu at release. It'll be under 100K yen on YAJ by the end of the year. It should make a nice christmas present!
My score archive

Offline GaijinPunch

• Ultra Member
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2008, 06:36:50 AM »