Author Topic: homura ps2  (Read 1793 times)

Offline charlienash87

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Maniac Member
homura ps2
« on: July 30, 2008, 08:56:47 PM »
If you haven't heard of this shmup, it's definitely worth looking into. It was developed by skonec which is a korean company that also made the psyvariar series. The gimmick in this game is quite unique. It involves a short ranged melee attack that recharges over time and does a few different things at once involving: reflecting bullets which not only kills enemies but also gives a substantial amount of points based off the number of bullets times your current multiplier, instantly kills all current enemies on the screen, and a multiplier  resulting from the enemies destroyed by it. Last i checked the first and second stages were on youtube. There is a true last boss in this game that i have made it to a couple of times, he reminds me of a cave boss. This game should only run around $30-$40 and all shmup fans should own it.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 03:52:46 AM by charlienash87 »
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

jonny5

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: homura ps2
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 09:31:13 PM »
agreed....homura is a phenomenal game that surprisingly gets very little mention in the community.....

the graphics are tight too.....

pretty nice scoring system....i like this game more than psyvariar......

Offline Plasmo

• Ultra Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:28 AM »
Fantastic game and one of my all time favourites. The music and bullet patterns are incredibly good, it's perfect. I'm definitely going to play this one again soon.

Offline charlienash87

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Maniac Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 03:57:14 AM »
Don't think there is a super replay dvd to this game and i don't why there isn't. But, that might change when it gets an arcade release!
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

Offline EOJ

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Ultra Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 04:40:41 AM »
But, that might change when it gets an arcade release!

The game was released in the arcade before the PS2. World Record score is 2.5+bil. A superplay vid would be really cool, but the game doesn't seem popular in Japan, so don't hold your breath.

I thought it was a pretty good game.
My score archive
twitter: cavexstg
XBL gamertag: eojx9999

Offline Third_strike

• Maniac Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:04:13 AM »
Seeing this topic now I like Homura too it's one cool game with one sweet score system!

C :righton: :righton: l!