Main Menu

jpac to speaker wiring

Started by jonny5, August 14, 2008, 11:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny5

so i plugged this thing and boom....i fried mushi......NOT :laugh:

seriously tho...heres one for grantspain

i have a jpac in my new cab and im using it with my consoles right now.....currently i am running the sound out the back of the cab and into my PC's soundcard.....but i would like to wire it straight into the cabs speakers....

now where the speakers connect up to the connectors in the cab it is a 4 pin connector, with four wires coming off(obviously)

2 are pinky red, and 2 are grey brown.....im guessing the pink/red are the power lines to the speakers, and the other 2 are the actual speaker lines....

now what i am thinking of doing is simply snipping the speaker lines and wiring into them from the jpac's speaker connectors and leaving the power lines hooked into the cab....or if possible just splice into the speaker lines so i could have it set up for jamma through the cab and the external in from the jpac....

does this sound correct, or should i go back and sit in the corner for a while more..... :rolleyes:

poolchamp

johnny no need for anyone  go to the corner for asking questions . :)

(now where the speakers connect up to the connectors in the cab it is a 4 pin connector, with four wires coming off(obviously)2 are pinky red, and 2 are grey brown.....im guessing the pink/red are the power lines to the speakers, and the other 2 are the actual speaker lines....

all 4 are speaker wires because each speaker has a +(plus) and - (minus),so one pink/red is + and grey/brown is - no power is ever connected to speakers .
now im assuming your using a japan jamma cab  . i suggest 1 just splice the four wires giveing one of each colour to each speaker .
hope this helps

jonny5

only thing is the JPAC only has + and - for one speaker.....and everybody is telling me i will need a sound amp cuz the JPAC doesnt have one.....

oh well....its no problem running the sound through my soundcard....just wanted to make it a little more self contained....i just need a longer cable cuz it barely reaches right now....

markedkiller78

Quote from: jonny5 on August 15, 2008, 09:58:20 AM
only thing is the JPAC only has + and - for one speaker.....and everybody is telling me i will need a sound amp cuz the JPAC doesnt have one.....

oh well....its no problem running the sound through my soundcard....just wanted to make it a little more self contained....i just need a longer cable cuz it barely reaches right now....

Cheapest way is to hack a pair of pc speakers. You do need an amp from Jpac > speakers, then splice the wires After the amp to the Cabd +/- as mentioned by poolchamp

jonny5

so then by that logic could i not just hook up the amp and wire into the cabs speakers?

this would essentially be the same thing, except utilizing the already present speakers in the cab

im gonna have to do some research on this whole 'amp' business....kinda outside my field.....

can somebody post a pic of an audio amp so i know what im looking for....we hae an electronic surplus store downtown and i could prolly find one there

thanx again guys

poolchamp

Quote from: jonny5 on August 16, 2008, 12:42:43 PM
so then by that logic could i not just hook up the amp and wire into the cabs speakers?

this would essentially be the same thing, except utilizing the already present speakers in the cab

im gonna have to do some research on this whole 'amp' business....kinda outside my field.....

can somebody post a pic of an audio amp so i know what im looking for....we hae an electronic surplus store downtown and i could prolly find one there

thanx again guys

ok jonny you will need one of these from star cab ,i make my own but this better option for you http://www.starcab.net/product_info.php?cPath=77_79&products_id=98
all you need is connect 12volts ground and daisy chain your 2 speckers in your cab all in about 6 euros and will work for everything .by the way what cab are you using

jonny5