Author Topic: please help supergun screen display!  (Read 1339 times)

jaycm1

• Trade Count: (0)
please help supergun screen display!
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:41:15 PM »
hope you guys can help i have a supergun which i play on my 14"portable tube telly,what it is the picture does not fit the screen so part of the top and bottom are missing so i can't see my score half the time it does my head in  :( my telly is only 50hz would it make a diffrence if i buy a new portable which is 60hz? hope you guys can help  :righton:

jpj

Re: please help supergun screen display!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 02:18:35 PM »
i get some cropping too on my telly.

which board is it?  the SH-3 ones allow you to play with the screen a bit (not stretching or resizing, but moving it about on the X and Y axis). 

don't take this the wrong way, but how come a 14" TV?  i think an upgrade sounds long overdue  :righton: 

jaycm1

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 02:55:06 PM »
i get some cropping too on my telly.

which board is it?  the SH-3 ones allow you to play with the screen a bit (not stretching or resizing, but moving it about on the X and Y axis). 

don't take this the wrong way, but how come a 14" TV?  i think an upgrade sounds long overdue  :righton: 
im playing my deathsmiles board i cant see aything top or bottom  :( whats the best thing to play my supergun on then as moniters have no scart connections  :-\

jpj

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 04:01:08 PM »
a big CRT telly that handles ntsc, 60hz, and has rgb scart inputs    :cool:

mine's a samsung.  really nice options for display modes etc

jaycm1

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 04:17:08 PM »
thanks jpj  for your help mate  :)

Gwyrgyn

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 05:58:50 PM »
Some CRT televisions have a mode you can get into that will let you adjust the H/V size and position. The old small Philips TV I have sitting here lets me do that. Unfortunately that will require you to have a remote for the TV, and to be able to find the correct code to do so. Google can possibly help.

As for getting a different TV, a Sony PVM 2030 or 2530 are both really nice and can often be found for dirt cheap.

jonny5

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 06:19:59 PM »
find yourself an NEC XM29 and never look back......29" of gaming, tateing, japanese manufacturing fun!!!! :righton: