Previous topic - Next topic

adverse

D4 is apparently a specification that means 720p.  According to this:

http://aopen.jp/products/vga/resolution-hdtv.html

D1 (480i)
D2 (480p)
D3 (1080i), 1920 x 1080
D4 (720p), 1280 x 720

So I guess everything above 720p native resolution is now supported?

EOJ

A bunch of Japanese dudes on 2Ch say they've been able to download the patch now, but I can't get it to download no matter how many times I boot up the game. Maybe it will work for me tomorrow. :oogle:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

SuperPang

I assume they fixed the sound glitches when you save/change options/use the guide

Monouchi

Quote from: EOJ on June 10, 2009, 06:12:19 AM
A bunch of Japanese dudes on 2Ch say they've been able to download the patch now, but I can't get it to download no matter how many times I boot up the game. Maybe it will work for me tomorrow. :oogle:

I got it, downloaded instantly on boot up.

EOJ

I got it this morning on boot up. Just downloaded a 10bil replay for MBL X360 w/ Windia. :righton:

EDIT: Other good replays up are a 9.7bil ALL in MBL Arcade w/ Follett, a 6bil ALL in MBL X360 w/ Sakura, and a 5bil ALL in MBL X360 w/ Casper. All with EX on.
There is also a great EX off replay w/ Windia - 5.2bil ALL without suicide bullets.

EDIT2: Split the Elixir off topic posts here.
My score archive

hermosaguy

Anyone else notice if Windia got stronger?  Previously I couldn't get past 2 stages doing all LVL 3 in 1.1 and this time around I made it to the stage before the castle all LVL 3.  Since I haven't played in a while, maybe it was just a fluke!

EOJ

Windia is the same after the update across all modes. She is strong in DSMBL and ver 1.1, but weak in DS.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I've a question about the score system in the first stage :)

I saw in the replay that the player use the lock attack to destroy some types of enemy, like the fat pork walking on the ground, without causing a descresing of the counter. This allow the player to reach max counter before the second ship. I tried to use this tecnique but my counter descrese sometimes. How can I use correctly this tecnique in the first stage?

thanks for help ;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

Monouchi

Good question, I have also noticed this.

Can it be that he lasers them and then quickly kills them with the lock?

And on another note about Ports:
imo DS is great, but now cave is handing over the port conversion for Futari to that other company who ported Otomedius, so what are cave doing now?
Working on DS2 updates? Porting another game?    ...taking over the Ketsui porting..  :P

EOJ

Quote from: Monouchi on June 11, 2009, 03:40:02 AM
Can it be that he lasers them and then quickly kills them with the lock?

Yes. You just need really perfect timing. All the scoring in this game is based on perfect timing.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

I've watched the replay a few time and I think that the best way to reached very fast the max counter on the 1? stage is this (maybe a good Ds player as EOJ can confirm my idea):

You have to:

1. destroy the first walking pork with lock attack (pay attention to the timing of lock attack ^-^

2. destroy fliyng enemies tapping fire button

3. destroy the other walking enemies holding fire button

This my idea after wathing some replay on the net....In the video topic there is a 400+ run with follet of a guy that do the first two stage using level 2 :o There is some advantage using this level in order to catch more items?

I think that Cave staff still working on update for Ds2 to improve it and seems that japanese player start to like it.....For the Futari I thought that the porting team should make a good work as they did with the Otomedius's port..I didin't buy it but some of my friends said that it's a good port with the last realesed patch ;)

EOJ

Yes, that's basically what you have to do to max out 1000 on Halloween town (assuming you are doing this stage first). Though it doesn't matter much if you get 1000 early or late in the stage - just get it before the boss and you'll be fine for scoring on the other stages.

As for the guy doing the first two stages at rank 2 - that's just so he won't enter death mode in the latter stages. There is no scoring advantage there.

My score archive

Ast-Kot

Doctor Fugue

With regards to the lock shot and pig cooks, it seems a bit easier to get the timing right with Rosa. Two things make this work: the roses fired by her option move slowly through enemies, and the lock-on target appears behind her. You can position the option beneath her, fire a single volley of roses to travel through the pork, and then right away initiate lock shot. The lock shot will not fire since the option will now be behind her (thus not depleting the gauge), and the roses will kill the cooks at a reasonable pace and release the extra crowns.

I like this since it doesn't require exact timing to kill and initiate lock-shot. Actually, this works against other enemies as well that should be killed with the lock shot, but it is most easily demonstrable against those pig cooks.

Pardon me if this is obvious to most people, but I thought it might be interesting for non-experts like me who are just getting into this game. Imagine my surprise when I thought I had found a great tactic, only to see it used in several Rosa replays. That either means I'm not special, or great minds think alike. :rolleyes:

Monouchi

Im no expert and I havent tried that with Rose, thanks for the tip.  :)

Im mostly into Follet now playing on lv999, and using the trick when her option covers her heart = invulnarable to suicide bullets.

Megalixir

Online co-op isn't fixed. What the hell did Cave do? It just kicks me out of a game right after trying to connect.

Ast-Kot

Since I've donwload the patch I saw that the bugs were fixxed but sometimes I can't enter the live... :)

@EOJ: I was searchin for the 561+ run that you have downloaded but I could not found it....max score rank was 488  :-\

EOJ

Quote from: Ast-Kot on June 11, 2009, 08:57:58 AM
@EOJ: I was searchin for the 561+ run that you have downloaded but I could not found it....max score rank was 488  :-\

It's in the Arcade mode ranking. First score on the list (the score is with Follett). 488mil is the top score in the Xbox 360 mode ranking.

As for Rosa, personally I don't like her too much because of the way her option moves. It makes it difficult once you trigger suicide bullets. I find Follett to be the easiest to control, along with being the easiest to score well with (at least in DS).

If anyone wants to continue strategy discussions, please do so in the appropriate thread in the Strategy Forum. There are separate threads for DS, DSMBL, and Ver 1.1.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

New MBL replays worth downloading:

7.9bil ALL w/ Casper (MBL X360)
6.1bil ALL w/ Rosa (MBL X360)

The Rosa run is neat because the guy does one rank 1 and one rank 2 in the first six stages (and no rank 999).
My score archive

zlk

Quote from: Monouchi on June 11, 2009, 07:46:12 AM
Im no expert and I havent tried that with Rose, thanks for the tip.  :)

Im mostly into Follet now playing on lv999, and using the trick when her option covers her heart = invulnarable to suicide bullets.

How do you do this trick?

EOJ

Just hold lock shot and pull back until your option covers you. You can do it with Follett and Rosa. Not very effective overall, though, since you can't hold it there permanently (you have to keep adjusting). And pretty worthless if you're going for a decent score.
My score archive

EOJ

There's a great new 12.3bil ver 1.1 EX ON replay available by LES, with Follett. He dies twice in the first 6 stages, so he could probably pull out around 13bil with a no miss run. His path (all rank 3):

Forest>Swamp>Lakeside>Graveyard>Halloween>Volcano

He gets a counter of over 43,000 and a score of 276mil by the end of the Forest stage. 6.5bil before the Canyon.

Almost makes me want to play Ver 1.1 again! :laugh:
My score archive

EOJ

According to vgchartz.com, as of June 7th this has sold 39,001 copies. Should have 40,000+ by the next sales report.  :righton:
It's pretty amazing to think a Cave game could sell that much.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on June 15, 2009, 06:38:56 PM
There's a great new 12.3bil ver 1.1 EX ON replay available by LES, with Follett.

Almost makes me want to play Ver 1.1 again! :laugh:

I think this was the guy I nudged ahead of at one point.  I need to hurry up and finish this damn Zelda so I can get back on.

QuoteHe gets a counter of over 43,000 and a score of 276mil by the end of the Forest stage

This seems to be key to sick scores.  Might have to change up my pattern.

EOJ

LES holds the WR for Arcade Deathsmiles (No EX) and DSMBL, both with Follett. He's tough competition!

Which Zelda are you playing?
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Twilight Princess on the GC.  I'm about 30 hours in, and have I think 2 more dungeons to go . I'm not going out of my way for the extra stuff unless it's blatantly obvious what to do... which it rarely is.

HVL

Quote from: EOJ on June 16, 2009, 02:16:10 AM
According to vgchartz.com, as of June 7th this has sold 39,001 copies. Should have 40,000+ by the next sales report.  :righton:
It's pretty amazing to think a Cave game could sell that much.

40,750 copies now. :-*

It would be interesting to have some statistics on Mega Black Label downloads. I'd imagine it racks up great numbers as well, given the audience.

EOJ

I definitely recommend you download LES's new "EX Off" Arcade mode record w/ Follett - it's a 511mil ALL. He gets 303mil before the Castle, which is better than Dame K.K.'s best on the superplay DVD (300mil), and he starts off at Halloween town. He only finishes with 3 lives, so he drops 12mil he would have had from a no miss. If he no missed it (as he did on his previous 500mil ALL) he would have beaten his WR score of 522mil (done on the PCB).  :o
My score archive

HVL

Thanks for the tip, have to check it out. LES is an incredible player.

I tried playing the X360 mode again but the Forest is so fucking frustrating, it's a real shame since all the other stages play fine in my eyes.

PS. Why is it that all the top scorers play Follett?

EOJ

Well, Follett and Rosa have the highest scoring potential. Without the Canyon, Follett can score higher than any of the other characters.
The highest WR score with the Canyon is with Rosa (on the arcade PCB).
My score archive