Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rieru

Just a quick question to the owners of DS Platinum Hits. Does it have the Full Voice option to select in-game?

EOJ

Play test of the US version:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/10/deathsmiles-a-flight-through-halloweentown/

They confirm MBL 1.1 is ON THE DISC. Of course most of use already knew that, but there were some doubters out there.

Also, on the disc they played apparently there was only an English dub, no Japanese voices.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

ookitarepanda

Quote from: EOJ on June 11, 2010, 03:17:39 PMAlso, on the disc they played apparently there was only an English dub, no Japanese voices.

For srs? I don't normally ever care about that sort of thing, but it was so awesome to have Junya Inoue in the game.

EOJ

He also does the voice of Tamecos (haunted house boss) in DSII.   :righton:

Japanese voices aren't confirmed to be absent in the final release version, but I'd bet on it.
My score archive

Kiken

Quote from: EOJ on June 11, 2010, 08:31:40 PMJapanese voices aren't confirmed to be absent in the final release version, but I'd bet on it.

Well, the videos on Aksys's DS website all feature the original Japanese voices, but the text is certainly all in English.

EOJ

Well that's good news. Maybe dual voice then.
My score archive

gsl

I think I missed the part of the article about dubbed English voices--all I saw was a reference to giving each girl a unique 'voice', which could easily mean the 'accents' they wrote into the dialogue.

lam47

It's such a shame this is us only. Here in Europe I doubt there are more than 10 us systems.
Perhaps in a years time someone will release it, like blazblue.

Van_Artic

Quote from: lam47 on June 12, 2010, 08:04:07 AM
Perhaps in a years time someone will release it, like blazblue.
this; if tradewest games can do it for us...

Lusche

Quote from: rieru on June 09, 2010, 01:43:26 PM
Just a quick question to the owners of DS Platinum Hits. Does it have the Full Voice option to select in-game?

no full voice for the platinum edition ... if you had a dlc from DS (CE) you can activate full voice but without the dlc the full voice option is greyed out

ookitarepanda

I asked the Cave Twitter if DS would have original japanese language tracks and Aksys responded saying they will! Victory!

lam47

Still can't play the bloody thing in Europe. Why are we the last port of call for all the best games?
Christ we didn't even get FF6 (3 in the US) until it was badly ported to the Playstation during its dying years.
How many years was that?
And then with Blazblue taking almost a year to get over here from the US. My hope for any Cave localizations for Europe could not be any dimmer.

Lusche

sad for the europeans to get screwed again ...
but most of us here can play the jap version of deathsmiles ... i'm not that sad just because of the full voice and "translated" storyline

lam47

whoever gets a copy tomorrow and is able too. Could they pop it in a Japanese system. Just in case Aksys are as confused as they seem.

StarCreator

I'll definitely try it the day I receive mine (ordered from Amazon, two-day shipping, hasn't shipped yet).

ookitarepanda

Quote from: StarCreator on June 28, 2010, 02:32:43 PM(ordered from Amazon, two-day shipping, hasn't shipped yet).

This bugs me... Mine has a shipping estimate of july 6th, and I think that implies when they're going to send it. And then there's gamestop that had it for $40 for half a day or something, this whole release is a little glitchy.

Oh well, the final product should be great.

StarCreator

It went straight from preorder to temporarily out of stock, meaning they either didn't receive enough copies to cover preorders or didn't receive their allocation at all.  Gamestop.com says it's in stock, but the store locator didn't find any product within 100 miles of my zip code.  Looks like it's going to be a while.

dmauro

Quote from: lam47 on June 28, 2010, 02:05:40 PM
whoever gets a copy tomorrow and is able too. Could they pop it in a Japanese system. Just in case Aksys are as confused as they seem.
Mine shipped, but I think I got the slowest shipping, so it might be a few days. I'll definitely be putting in the Japanese console though because if it doesn't work in that it's kind of worthless to me.

ookitarepanda

I saw the same thing with my Gamestop. Is there some big SNAFU or do they just not have the info in their systems? I'm going to call GS in a little bit and ask. If I could get the game today and cancel my Amazon order, I'd be just fine with that.

neofrank

Just stopped by GS on my lunch and picked up my pre-order..... they only got in two copies (both for preorders)  :(

Will update when I find out if it will play or not on my japanese system

*edit* @work so itll be several hours before I will have a chance...sry

lam47

lam47

Im going to be begging someone for an LE if it does turn out to work.

emphatic

Quote from: lam47 on June 29, 2010, 01:24:38 PM
Im going to be begging someone for an LE if it does turn out to work.

Sadly, it doesn't work on a J-NTSC console. BulletMagnet @ shmups tried it.   :-\

lam47

Ah well. Thanks for letting me know.

ookitarepanda

This port is incredible. I played through a run of pretty much every mode, and the Arcade version of the regular game is almost spot-on, from what I can tell. All the same slow down that I remember from the board, like on Whroom and Jitterbug especially. Magnifico.

Also, I'm number one on the leaderboards for America, which is a load of crap because I had a really bad run. I'm sure after a few days this will change, but I'm wondering who the top dog will really be in the US.

EOJ

How bad are the US scores thus far? Biggest negative about the port is lack of access to the Japanese leaderboards (and all their awesome replays).

PS: Someone will have to beat my 346mil score w/ Follett to get the real top US score in Arcade mode. :righton:
My score archive

StarCreator

Most people don't even have their game yet (looks like my Amazon preorder shipped out literally an hour ago) so the leaderboards are pretty sparse.  Someone posted a photo of one of them here...

NR777

Quote from: EOJ on June 30, 2010, 04:18:35 AM
How bad are the US scores thus far? Biggest negative about the port is lack of access to the Japanese leaderboards (and all their awesome replays).

PS: Someone will have to beat my 346mil score w/ Follett to get the real top US score in Arcade mode. :righton:

The scoreboards are pretty dismal right now...last night, I was third with a shitty 56 Mil run.  That should tell you something.  :laugh:

lam47

Must feel good though. I have only broken the top 50 once and top 100 a few times on the various modes on the Japanese leaderboard.

GaijinPunch

That's a bummer about the replays.  Might turn a few casual players into fans, but I assume would just blow peoples minds and make them give up on the genre.