Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaijinPunch

But in terms of othe overall counter, aren't the big crowns (+20) better than the skulls (+2 or whatever)?  Got 3.987 bil w/ clear.  They couldn't just give me the extra pocket change, now could they? :/

EOJ

Nice score!! Follett is harder to score with than Windia (in ver 1.1).

In power-up mode the large crowns are worth less than if you let them break into single skulls. From our strategy guide here:

"In power-up mode all the items are equal, so a High crown will add the same to your counter as a Skeleton Ring. What matters is the +Value. The higher it is, the  higher the value each item will add to your +Value. Here are the details:

When +Value is       0~     +1
                        +100~     +2
                        +200~     +4
                        +500~     +8
                      +1000~    +12
                      +2000~    +16
                      +5000~    +20

Thus, unlike in the normal mode, in Power-up mode it is more beneficial to let the High crowns break into 2, and again into 4, as even at the lowest +Value the High Crown will add +1 but four Skeleton Rings will add +4. At +5000 and beyond the difference is even more pronounced: only +20 for a high crown, but +80 for four Skeleton Rings."
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Cool, thanks.  I find the suicide bullets make it harder to let them break in some stages.  And on the trains, I alwyas lose like half of them as they start flying the other direction.   >:D

rtw

Quote from: Megalixir
From this image:

Anyway I'm currently rank 60 with 1.96 bill, hopefully I'll be able to reach 2 bill soon. Having a couple of issues with the volcano boss but I'll figure it out.

Nice :D But where did you get that image ? Is it part of the xbox360 package ?
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

Megalixir

I found it on pixiv.

Anyway I broke 2 bill, and I've come to the conclusion that dying more than once basically kills your multiplier and ends your run. Sadly I'm enjoying 1.1 over the original game right now. Maybe I'd enjoy the original game more if my favorite character (Windia) wasn't overpowered by Follett. Hopefully Sakura will give me some more interest once MBL rolls out. I wonder if they'll put Sakura in 1.1 too.

EOJ

Quote from: Megalixir on May 04, 2009, 03:53:00 AM

Anyway I broke 2 bill, and I've come to the conclusion that dying more than once basically kills your multiplier and ends your run.

If you don't like this aspect of ver 1.1, you won't like the scoring in MBL. When you die there your multiplier reduces by 30%. It's harder to raise the multiplier in that game as well.
My score archive

rtw

Quote from: Megalixir on May 04, 2009, 03:53:00 AM
I found it on pixiv.

Thanks for the info, may I ask what you used for search string (kanjii) ?

GaijinPunch

Follet is stronger, and she has the ability to recharge w/o bombing, but she has downside too.  There's plenty of scoring opportunities that Windia has over Follet.  I think 1.1 would be too easy w/ Sakura as her double-options have such a huge radius.

Megalixir

EOJ: No, I do like this aspect, and I also like how easy it is to get recharge. I'm enjoying 1.1 over the vanilla version, though really I think it should be the other way around (same deal with Ibara actually). One reason is because Windia's useful in this mode, and I'm not a fan of Follett. Even if she's better in the vanillla version.

rtw: Search for either ローザ or デススマイルズ and stuff should come up.

rtw

Quote from: Megalixir on May 04, 2009, 12:37:33 PM
rtw: Search for either ローザ or デススマイルズ and stuff should come up.

Thank you, it sure did :D Thanks for all your help  :righton:

Megalixir

Hey EOJ, I saw your replay. You don't power up before the first boss and Mary, is there any reason as to why?

Also, regarding the huge dog in the Canyon, is there any advantages of going to the right, then left of him instead of just staying bottom left the entire time?

EOJ

Is that my most recent replay, the 4.76bil clear in ver 1.1? If so, I must have made a mistake on the first boss and Mary. I should powerup at the end of each boss fight, of course.

For the Canyon's big dog midboss, going to the far left and far right lets you leech more crowns off of him (staying far away lets the crowns break into skulls, which is what you want).
My score archive

Megalixir

I actually thought it was 3.8 bill or something there. The run ended in the dance hall area.

Wish this mode didn't require so many buttons. My DS stick is perfect for this game, but yeah, 3 buttons just isn't sufficient.. guess I'll have to stick with my SF4 FightPad for now.

EOJ

Ah, OK, that's the run where I went through the Canyon. I was mainly trying for a clear there, but didn't quite make it to the last boss.
My score archive

EOJ

Just got a 5.4bil ALL with Windia in 1.1 (No EX). I think I'm done with that mode now, at least the non-Canyon route. Time to learn that damn Canyon stage.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Yeah, saw your score.  Watching your run now.  Looks like you got that Volcano dwon, and don't need the option manipulation button.  That alone is reason to switch.  I got 4.7bil w/ Follett (no EX clear).  Feel free to watch it, and laugh at my crappy excuse for fight w/ the last boss.  The canyon is fun once you learn it. 

I need to weigh in doing Halloween Town first.  I might be giving up points by starting in the forest.  I don't get the counter to 99,999 until 3-1 at best.

I'm kind of urged to play MBL now though.

KOMA

I have the same problem in 1.1 than in DS(vanilla vers) i need skill to refill my counter and let the skulls down to the ground. :-\

EOJ

I just spent a half hour practicing the canyon in Arcade mode over and over (I love the quick restart in training mode). I'm trying to learn the "no power up, leech bullets till your multiplier maxes out" pattern seen on the DVDs. Jesus that's hard. I did manage to get through to the midway point of the descent (after the midboss) without dying, with the multiplier up to ~7000 (starting at 0 at the beginning of the stage), but the second half of the stage will take some work, and I'm far from consistent on the first half. Still, if I can learn this, my score will skyrocket, so it seems worth the effort. Of course then I have to deal with getting through the Castle without entering power up mode...
My score archive

Monouchi

Got the game today and I must say...I am blown away.
It feels very good and responsive and has that"arcade-feeling" to it.

I love ver 1.1 and the game just sucks me in.
Long time since I was so impressed with gameplay and things that happen on the screen.
Love the sound/music and the zoom screen function is fun to play around with. On an tft monitor with DVI it looks really good.

Now I have to practice more scoring...

GaijinPunch

I've got the most depressing attempt at a 5 bil run up for DL (note the score).

EOJ

I just got a 5.57bil ALL on one of my sloppiest runs. A death on the lakeside boss, then 3 deaths in the Castle. Still beat my previous score though.
Anyway, with my new pattern, if I can no miss up to Jitterbug like I did on my 5.4bil run, my score will be well over 6bil, maybe in the 6.5bil range.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

I watched your 5.4 bil run, and definition saw room for improvement.  Is it me, or should you have waited to power up at 1000 (instead of 750 or 850) at multiple spots in the game?

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on May 05, 2009, 08:36:39 PM
Is it me, or should you have waited to power up at 1000 (instead of 750 or 850) at multiple spots in the game?

I'm sure I mistimed some power ups. Hard to get them all perfect in a run.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

The Castle just has my number.  I managed a 5.2 bil clear, but died twice in the castle... once before the cow.  Not good for the old score   I'll try again tomorrow.  I want to do a perfect (or at least near perfect) run before trying the Canyon. That boss is an absolute whore.  I don't like this 1 bomb thing 

Midnight Milkshake

Received mine today, and have been playing for about three hours, the game is great!  :whyioughtta: , now, need to improve my score, because is a bit shitty, I'm going to download some of you replays  :laugh:

Monouchi

Hm, where to find the right leaderboard?

The top one for me is the 4.6 one with Casper.

EOJ

Good news: According to the official CAVE blog, Mega Black Label will be available for download in the middle of next week. It will be 1200MS points. The patch is still due end of May/beginning of June. I'm glad they decided to roll out MBL earlier. :righton:

Bad news: Mega Black Label will only have Arcade/X360 modes, and the ability to put up your score on the leaderboards. No Coop play, no training mode, and no replay uploads/downloads:(
My score archive

KOMA

Too bad they don't included those options but i'm happy the game come earlier.I've some problem to play arcade/xbox 360 mode after 1.1 :(

Megalixir

seiatsu

Quote from: EOJ on May 07, 2009, 01:52:37 PM
Good news: According to the official CAVE blog, Mega Black Label will be available for download in the middle of next week. It will be 1200MS points. The patch is still due end of May/beginning of June. I'm glad they decided to roll out MBL earlier. :righton:

Bad news: Mega Black Label will only have Arcade/X360 modes, and the ability to put up your score on the leaderboards. No Coop play, no training mode, and no replay uploads/downloads:(

I wonder if it's possible that they are doing this just to get it out (seeing as they were shooting for having it out on release) and will update with the "extras" later.