Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monouchi

Wow, I really really hope the other ports are Esp 2 and DDP DFK. :righton:

Oh, got a big surprise today...was thinking about from where to buy a Jap 360.
Then suddenly a guy at my company said: -We got one jap 360 to test bugs on, we will not send it back, what are we gonna do with it?
I said: I WILL TAKE IT!!!  :oogle:

Geezer

New blog is up, I don't understand Japanese but a translator yields this below a phrase that includes the word "transplant" (port?):

Quote1 Mushihimesama Futari second place Espgaluda Ⅱ
3rd DoDonPachi major resurgence

I'm praying that is a list of potential future ports.

Also

QuoteQ Region will be free?

The current station, Japan (Asia) and I am only going to make.
However, we still have not decided finally asked, so our best wishes.

Monouchi

EOJ

More news from the guy at CAVE doing the port who writes a blog for the game:

-IKD will answer some questions once he finishes Mega Black Label. He'll post the replies on his blog.
-He said he's had problems transfering the game to a hi-def system, particularly the character and enemy sprites. But,
things are going well and he can see the finish line now.
-He wants to have lots of fun achievements to unlock in the game, adding up to 1000 points or so, if possible.
-He is currently mulling over what to include as the LE item(s), but should have it decided by October.
-He would like to do Daifukkatsu as a retail release, and Galuda 2 as an XBLA download release. These are just his personal wishes, not something currently planned by CAVE. No mention of Futari.

Judging by what the guy wrote, it doesn't seem like Mega Black Label will be in this port. IKD is still developing it, and this guy apparently doesn't know much of what's going on with that game. This is a very different situation from Ibara Black Label and the PS2 Ibara Arrange mode, which were developed simultaneously by the same guy.

My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

Monouchi

Thanks for the news.  :righton:

I can see the problem to convert to high-def.
Just hope it wont turn out like PS2 Ibara, the background so intervenes with the bullets and makes it hard to see them.

And retail Esp 2 please, Game Box ftw.  :)

GaijinPunch

Um... "converting to hi-def".  What does that mean?
Am I missing something about this port?

EOJ

Preliminary faceplate design, possibly to be included with the LE edition of the game:

Source: http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2008/09/post-11c9.html
My score archive

Monouchi

Wow, I want one of those!  :righton:

Now lets hope the LE version is not so LE... :P

Shalashaska

That's very cool....now if only I had a 360. :(

EOJ

Official blog was updated again. http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/
Highlights:

-The game will have full voiced cut scenes, with the same voice actors from the arcade
-Pre-order bonus will be a card that lets you download some theme packages and icons on the marketplace

He also muses (once again) about the possibility of other ports. He says releasing older games (basically anything pre-Deathsmiles) in a package form is not very realistic, as at full price they wouldn't sell much and at a discounted price they wouldn't make any money from it. He says a double pack of 2 games in 1 might be doable. Either that or an XBLA download, I suppose.
My score archive

adverse

Blog today has an example of the hi-res mode that the game will use:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2008/10/post-5a83.html

Apparently they're also going to be doing some advertising for the port at HEY next to the Mega Black Label.

EOJ

Wow, that's awesome. Here's the pics for comparison:

Top is the arcade version, bottom is the X360. It looks like they're taking the original models and keeping them hi res. I really hoped
they would do this, since they have access to all the original stuff, and it's so cool to see it actually happening. Of course
although I have little to no confidence the gameplay will be exactly the same as the arcade, having a hi res version of the game for $60 will
be great, and almost like a new experience.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

That is very nice that they're doing that.  Hopefully they'll do it for everything (all sprites... not just enemy ones).  I guess that's what he meant by "troubles w/ HD mode".

adverse

So some sort of countdown has started on the development blog.  Says about 7 days right now. 

Announcement for LE edition?  More features...?

EOJ

It shows the hi score ranking screen. Maybe they'll release a promo vid?
My score archive

EOJ

Some pics of the new hi res graphics from famitsu:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1219410_1124.html?ref=rss

Looks pretty good. Compare it to the old pic:

My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

gsl

Play-Asia notes that the first print edition will come with an "Arrangement Soundtrack CD."  Did I miss any official announcement of the first-print package, or has there not been one yet?  A CD seems awfully skimpy to justify the price difference, but then this is Japan we're talking about.  The Caspar faceplate design looked pretty nifty, though.

Aside from that one blog post, has there been any specific mention one way or another about the region coding?  The rumor that some of the 5pb/Cave titles might make it across the pond here is nice, but it would suck to miss out on neat LE goodies while waiting for a domestic release that never happens.

EOJ

Yeah, it was announced on the blog that the LE will just come with a soundtrack CD. I'll be picking up the regular edition.

This will be region-coded, no doubt.
My score archive

Shalashaska

Very nice looking. I was planning to jump on the Japanese X360 bandwagon soon but bought a new rifle instead. It's too bad those faceplates aren't included with the LE version, they looked great.  :'(

gsl

At least you don't have to worry about the rifle being region-locked.

Shalashaska

EOJ

Looks like the preorders are pouring in for this game:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_3

It's ranked #2 overall in all games on Amazon.com, and #1 in Xbox 360 games.  :o
My score archive

innerpattern

Nice...I should have been one of those preorders but I just picked up the PCB  :righton:

EOJ

The PCB is tops, but it's still worth $60 for an HD version w/ practice modes.  :righton:
My score archive

EOJ

Release is slated for March, according to a dude on 2Ch.
My score archive

adverse

These are the two candidates for the LE release box art according to the DS blog.  I like the bottom one.

EOJ

The blog has been updated with a pic of the HD Follett and Rosa select graphics:
http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/07/004.jpg

Personally I still prefer the original look of the PCB.

Also, here's a pic of the HD tutorial:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/11/07/003_2.jpg
My score archive