Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

New update on the official blog:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2008/12/post-2b6b.html

The game will be playable at the Cave Matsuri on 12/27. You will be able to play both the Xbox 360 mode and the Version 1.1 Arrange mode. You will
not be able to pause the game or remap the buttons on this playable demo. See the link for the button layout, if you plan to attend and play it.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

KOMA

skykid

Just to clarify something - if I have a UK 360 with a Japanese account on there, are there still restrictions in me buying MBL as DLC?

:-\
Quote from: SuperPangWhere DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away

CHR_AeON

Quote from: skykid on January 02, 2009, 08:15:39 AM

Just to clarify something - if I have a UK 360 with a Japanese account on there, are there still restrictions in me buying MBL as DLC?

First of all you'd need a japanese 360 to run "Death Smiles" (as it probably won't be region free).
Unfortunately most western CCs are not accepted when using a japanese acc., so you'll have to buy a japanese XBL point card to fill your acc. with MS points (codes from european point cards won't work on the japanese marketplace).

skykid

Quote from: CHR_AeON on January 02, 2009, 09:37:22 AM
Quote from: skykid on January 02, 2009, 08:15:39 AM

First of all you'd need a japanese 360 to run "Death Smiles" (as it probably won't be region free).
Unfortunately most western CCs are not accepted when using a japanese acc., so you'll have to buy a japanese XBL point card to fill your acc. with MS points (codes from european point cards won't work on the japanese marketplace).

Cool, picking up Japanese XBL points is a doddle. I'm not too fussed about buying the original DS if I can download MBL- it's saving me shelling out on another 360, as Death Smiles was my no.1 reason.

Great news! (off to find some JP XBL points in anticipation.)

EOJ

You will need the original Deathsmiles disc to download and play Mega Black Label. So you'll need a JP XBox 360 + DS regardless.

MBL is DLC for Deathsmiles, it isn't an XBLA game.
My score archive

skykid

Quote from: EOJ on January 02, 2009, 07:36:12 PM
You will need the original Deathsmiles disc to download and play Mega Black Label. So you'll need a JP XBox 360 + DS regardless.

Really?! Someone's fed me some mis-information then - I was told that the entire package was going to be available as a download. :mad:

Thanks for the help EOJ  :righton:

markedkiller78

Quote from: skykid on January 03, 2009, 08:46:58 AM
Quote from: EOJ on January 02, 2009, 07:36:12 PM

Really?! Someone's fed me some mis-information then - I was told that the entire package was going to be available as a download. :mad:

Thanks for the help EOJ  :righton:

Still cheaper than buying either DS or MBL :) I am dying to play DS on the 360 now!!!! It's one pcb I miss most

EOJ

The official blog has been updated with lots of pics of the menu screens:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/
My score archive

EOJ

Here's a 6min vid of the recent Xbox Festa:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S9CFWJUJ

The last 10-15 seconds show video footage from the Xbox 360 port, which is the first footage of the game in action
I've seen anywhere. Looks very good!
My score archive

KOMA

Thx EOJ.
Quick question regarding MS points:
Does the Japanese MS points work with a Pal/US account or do we need Jap account+Jap Ms points exclusively?

SuperPang

KOMA

EOJ

Another mysterious countdown has started on the official blog:

It's due to end on 1/30.
My score archive

adverse

Pic of the ranking system posted at the official blog:

Looks ok.  Hopefully they'll have a friends sections so friends can compare scores (Otomedius didn't  :whyioughtta:)

adverse

Release date announced!  4/23!
Price: 7140 yen for Regular Edition
9240 yen for LE

And the biggest news....check out this ill Deathsmiles stick they're going to be selling!

14,800 yen at Amazon

It's a hori stick with the "real arcade make" to it.  No details on parts just yet.

Limited to Amazon.com looks like!

EOJ

April 23rd? Why isn't it taking them so long? Hopefully they're spending time trying to get the slowdown perfect
and putting in a scanline option instead of thinking of more contests for the blog or other pointless BS.
That stick is pretty cool though.
My score archive

Ast-Kot

Nice stick... :o

I've to buy for my 360 ;)
あの痛みが君の事を守ってくれた、その痛みがいつも君を守っているんだ

charlienash87

I can't seem to find the stick on amazon, just the game. can someone post a link please, or is not up yet? I really need this stick, bad
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

adverse

Quote from: charlienash87 on January 30, 2009, 05:51:03 AM
I can't seem to find the stick on amazon, just the game. can someone post a link please, or is not up yet? I really need this stick, bad

Not up yet.  I'm sure the blog will update us on when it goes up.

charlienash87

Quote from: adverse on January 30, 2009, 12:19:02 PM
Quote from: charlienash87 on January 30, 2009, 05:51:03 AM

Not up yet.  I'm sure the blog will update us on when it goes up.

couple more questions.
will amazon.co.jp ship this outside of asia?
do i need a jap amazon account to get this if they do ship outside of japan?
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

EOJ

No, amazon.jp does not ship games (or controllers, etc) outside of Japan.
My score archive

KOMA

And what about DSMBL?Is it release at the same moment?

EOJ

They say the price and release of DSMBL will be announced later. So it doesn't look like it will be available on 4/23. Maybe a month or two later.
My score archive

adverse

EOJ

I really wish they'd put up some gameplay vids already. We've seen enough screenshots. So far I don't like the hi res look as much as the original low res, but I'd have to see it in motion to make a final decision. Here's hoping they release some vids before the game is released.
My score archive

evildead

just ordered the DS - special edition from play asaia!
preorders opened today i think.
hopefully its not region locked or im gonna have to buy a Japanese xbox haha

EOJ

My score archive

evildead

laaaaame!

haha, oh well. least id play more games on the J-360 than on my one.