Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KOMA

Yes i did.
I remember french folks talking about DLC for idolmaster and all was good and.Or maybe since RE5 demo all DLC is region locked or it only works with gold account.

GaijinPunch

I'm pretty sure if you try to take a picture of the screen an underpaid staffer will jump out of nowhere and tell you can't take pictures.

Monouchi

Quote from: hermosaguy on March 15, 2009, 06:12:50 PM
Quote from: EOJ on March 15, 2009, 06:06:17 PM
So a MS Japanese point card will let you download any JP DLC from outside of Japan?

I had a Japanese Point Card and still couldn't DL any content for Raiden 4 as well as using my code card for Otomedius.

So, one can buy Jap point cards on Play-Asia.

And what is this, DS + DLC?
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n67930947

I wonder how many points the DLC will cost?

EOJ

DSMBL will be 1400MS points:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/03/post-bcda.html

The game is 524MB in size. Also, there's a little interview with Ikeda there, and they ask what game he'd like to see on the X360, and
he replies "Muchi Muchi Pork". Last time he replied "DDPDFK", so he seems to just be throwing out random games in every interview.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

Quote from: EOJ on March 20, 2009, 02:11:24 PM
there's a little interview with Ikeda there

That's Akira Wakabayashi they asked this time.

I like the last question:
Q: Game that got you into the gaming world?
A: Final Fight.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 20, 2009, 11:26:41 PM
Quote from: EOJ on March 20, 2009, 02:11:24 PM
there's a little interview with Ikeda there

That's Akira Wakabayashi they asked this time.

Oops! I just skimmed through it quickly before heading to work. Didn't know he was such a MMP fan, but that explains the response to that question.
My score archive

SuperPang

1400 seems a fair price. I figured 12-1600. Its a lot for DLC, I think GTA:TLAD is the highest I've seen so far at 1600 but to a Cave fan this is a whole other game and one thats otherwise over $1k. Bargain!

I'll try grab it on day 1 and let you know if its IP locked. Fingers crossed!

GaijinPunch

Well, I don't think MBL is supposed to be released for another month after release, right?

SuperPang

Yeah, I mean DLC day 1, assuming the port isn't a bit "5pb".

GaijinPunch

Quote from: SuperPang on March 23, 2009, 09:04:30 AM

If it is, I wonder if Mihara will bash Cave for doing a shitty port of their own game.

EOJ

Interview with IKD and Joker Jun:

http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/interview/interview48.htm

The only interesting new info divulged there is that you can now choose rank 1 on every stage (the arcade version only let you choose it once on the top three stages, and once on the bottom 3). This is to help the game appeal further to beginners.
My score archive

charlienash87

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 23, 2009, 09:16:49 PM
Quote from: SuperPang on March 23, 2009, 09:04:30 AM

If it is, I wonder if Mihara will bash Cave for doing a shitty port of their own game.

:laugh: he would hold it over their head until he died. I think everyone would bash cave if they "5pb"ed (new adjective) their own game
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

GaijinPunch

So it gets better.
At the Death Smiles only Cave Online festival next month, they will not only be taking preorders for the LE version of Death Smiles, but those copies will come w/ a telephone card.  The downside is they are asking the full retail price for it 92480 yen, whereas Amazon and other shops usually give you a break of 500-600 yen.  It apparently also comes with a "Full Voice DLC" card. 

Phonecard

adverse

So the blog got updated, and it looks like the Famitsu 360 issue coming out on 3/30 has a Deathsmiles cover?  Definitely gonna pick it up.

Looks like Asada-san is also being pushed right along onto the next port project for CAVE!  He says he'll probably have a good announcement for us in about a month.   =D

KOMA

Daifukatsu?

I'm gonna pick one too

GaijinPunch

QuoteLooks like Asada-san is also being pushed right along onto the next port project for CAVE!

High confidence they're not 5pb'ing this one. 

QuoteDaifukatsu?

Can't imagine it being anything other.  Well, Futari.

EOJ

Quote from: GaijinPunch on March 29, 2009, 01:22:58 AM

QuoteDaifukatsu?

Can't imagine it being anything other.  Well, Futari.

Or DS2 port for Christmas?
My score archive

croikle

Hah, that would troll us bad, if DS2 does end up a poor sequel.

Asada-san is a known, quality programmer? That's good to hear. I'm still too much of a cheapass to import a J360, so I guess it doesn't matter for me, but it would be a shame if this port sucked.

adverse

Picked up the 360 Famitsu, haven't read through it all yet but one thing that stood out was the review of Deathsmiles, which goes 8978, and the guy who gives it a 7 notes that the resolution in the Arcade mode is so low he found it hard to play.  But he says the Xbox360 mode is much better to look at and easier to play.

There's an interview with Asada and Inoue which I've just skimmed.  Probably more info in here but one thing that stood out was Asada mentioning that they do plan to put DSII on the 360.  Then he mentions that he sees the appeal of both package and Live Arcade titles, and that they'll probably put out future games going between the two (!).

Edit: Also no news about DS2 in the new Arcadia.

Monouchi

Daifukkatsu port!!!!  *prays*

Well, fukkatsu is good looking, has an awesome system etc....and it would prolly get a big following on the consoles if the port was good?
...but prolly only released in Japan.. :rolleyes:

adverse

Ok so the official blog was updated last night and it looks like there's an opportunity to play the game at Messe in Akihabara on 4/5.

If anyone could make it down and check out the slowdown/how the game looks, it would be appreciated...

KOMA

adverse

Thanks for the vid KOMA.

Summarizing some impressions from the 2ch thread...

Resolution on the pre-rendered sprites and the original illustrations are raised really high, but the backgrounds are still low res, which creates a bit of a jarring juxtaposition. 
Another odd clash was the graveyard boss which is high-res and yet the rocks are pixelated. 

Apparently the effects have been beefed up, for instance on Sakura's danmaku, and skulls are now more transparent.
There is also some sort of bright effect before skulls disappear.

The bit rate for some of the sounds and music seems to have been raised, more bass in the audio giving the sound more of a punch overall.

So far only one person has mentioned any irregularities with the slowdown and he mentioned it in relation to the volcano level and qualified that the slowdown just seemed a little lighter than the arcade version.

No load time either!   :righton: :righton:

People seem to very much be looking forward to the release.  Overall it seems that the impressions are very good. 

adverse

Despite that report, if you watch the video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyi6mwWC6w8&feature=channel_page

You'll notice that the apples part of the Tree boss's attack has no slow down which I think would make it tough to dodge.  Hopefully there will be more impression posted at 2ch so we can hear more about how the slowdown has been reproduced.

Gwyrgyn

Wow yes, there was no slowdown on the large apples at all, that's rough and definitely not accurate.

EOJ

After watching the vids, it's clear the slowdown is quite different from the arcade. It doesn't happen in all of the same places, and when it does happen, it's too slow. Worse yet, you speed up too quickly out of it, so it looks rather jerky in many spots. It's either the same or worse than the accuracy in Mushi.

I knew this would happen, but it's disappointing anyway.

On the bright side, there aren't any load times, the graphics look good, and the bullet patterns seem accurate. But the inaccurate, herky-jerky slowdown will prevent me from playing this port as a viable alternative to the PCBs. I'll probably just play ver 1.1 in this port.
My score archive

EOJ

Vid of ver 1.1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVq-nXrZLhM

THIS looks pretty good. The bosses spew out suicide bullets when they die, like in Pink Sweets Harder mode.
My score archive

EOJ

My score archive

KOMA

The port looks ok to me, since i can't afford new pcb,60? for a port with three different mode of play make me happy.Don't care about slowdown.

neofrank

Ouch no wonder play asia sent out tons of LE shortage announcements, ncs just posted about what quantitys they *think they are getting:

"Death Smiles Limited Edition: Please note that there appears to be a 95% shortage of the game. For example, every 100 copies that were preordered will be allocated 5 copies. Please note that we won't know the exact quantity we'll receive until April 20 or thereabouts when our invoices are printed and faxed over from Japan."
:rolleyes: