Main Menu

Deathsmiles Xbox 360 port!

Started by EOJ, August 27, 2008, 05:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOJ

There's a promo vid up here:

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2009/04/post-9fa4.html

I haven't been able to get the vid to run though.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

GaijinPunch

I"m a bit disappointed that the background are low res still.  Would it have been that hard to re-render them?  C'mon!

Joe T.

I wasn't super amped about Deathsmiles at all, but for $60 or whatever I'm sure I'll buy the port and play it for at least a little while.  I've actually got one on hold with the local import guy here and he said he's already getting copies for like seven people.  I didn't realize there were seven people in St. Louis that even know what shooting games are.

charlienash87

what's the going rate for a deathsmiles 360 stick? I've heard something like 240USD before shipping, (don't even want to think about the shipping) but would like to hear what others have to say before i become broke
Quote from: Joe T. on March 12, 2010, 04:43:59 PM
real shame we can't region lock the region free tards to the shmups forum region-moaning thread.
shinu ga yoi in Ibara

GaijinPunch

Okay, Amazon has preorders of these.
Uh... wtf.

EOJ

Wow. That's almost entering PCB range-prices (you can get an Ibara PCB for about that much, for example). All for a dumb cover and some soundtrack CD? Bizarre. If Cave had half a brain they'd make more than the 500 or so they seem to have produced.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

Has to be a fuck upon their part.  Retail price is 9180 or something.

rtw

The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

Another official CAVE promo vid, a good deal more is shown than in the last one (I'm giving the nico vid link since the link from the Cave blog is unreliable):

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6739219

The first part shows regular DS. The scene in the swamp is supposed to have a good deal of slowdown, particularly on the green ogre, but there is ZERO in the vid. Terrible.

The end of the vid shows a bit of MBL. It shows the start of the Ice Palace. They also show the start of the Ice palace boss fight, and the slowdown in the arcade version is totally absent. Bleh. Ver 1.1 looks nice though.

Only 10 days til release.  :)
My score archive

EOJ

Famitsu review score: 7,7,7,8
My score archive

adverse

That is pretty low.  I'd be interested in what they marked it down for if anyone has scans.

EOJ

I'm sure they weren't bitching about the inaccurate slowdown.  :laugh:
My score archive

adverse

Yep, and that's what makes me curious.  It's not like DOJ where you have a very difficult game that is not accessible to beginners.  Most people are going to be able to get through 3 stages of DS, especially if they set the difficulty to 1 and 2.  It's also a 'cute' game graphically which should be a plus in the eyes of Famitsu I would figure.  And yet three 7s and an 8.  Makes me curious.

EOJ

Maybe they didn't like playing it on an X360 controller with all the option rotation? I wonder if they used arcade sticks (probably not, but who knows).
My score archive

zakk

They gave ESPGaluda the same score, so basically lol famitsu whatever

GaijinPunch

Read a bit of the interview in Famitsu 360.  Worth noting is they said the title to get ported was up between DFK, Futari, and Death Smiles.  Death Smiles won as it's yoko, which of course is better for casual users, and of course, Inoue's characters are so popular.   Some other interesting bits, Inoue said that Death Lolita was okay'ed by Cave's CEO, but it was axed for sales (by AMI?).

necpmf

Quote from: GaijinPunch on April 16, 2009, 05:41:36 PMWorth noting is they said the title to get ported was up between DFK, Futari, and Death Smiles. 
The fact that they chose DS over DFK and Futari makes me very sad.

croikle

However, this means those are next in line, with the possible exception of DS2.

EOJ

Quote from: croikle on April 17, 2009, 03:45:47 AM
However, this means those are next in line

I think that's stretching it a bit. But I wouldn't be surprised if DFK gets ported.
DS2 is already confirmed. Maybe DS2 by year's end, and DFK this time next year?
My score archive

GaijinPunch

The thing to worry about is that DFK & Futari aren't getting any newer.  They are good games and have that whole titty appeal, but generally they'd need to be ported within a year or so after release.

necpmf

Quote from: GaijinPunch on April 17, 2009, 10:38:15 AM
The thing to worry about is that DFK & Futari aren't getting any newer.  They are good games and have that whole titty appeal, but generally they'd need to be ported within a year or so after release.
I was worrying about that. But all the other Donpachi games have been ported, gotta keep to that tradition! (and I can't afford a PCB  :'()

SuperPang

Watched the vids on marketplace and it looks good, can't wait!

EOJ

Play-asia is "preparing" my order now, so it should ship within 24 hours.   :righton:
Along with DS I ordered the $299 Otomedius hyper stick package + 1400 Japanese MS points so I'll be ready with a high quality stick and DSMBL download points.

Hopefully this will all arrive on or before the official release date of April 23rd.
My score archive

SuperPang

You're shitting me, is that the LE? Mines on hold and I preordered Oct 31st!

jpj

you preordered on halloween?   :oogle:

KOMA

If i may:
Add to favorites.
http://www.nin-nin-game.fr/index.php
French guy based in japan,exellent services,three years i'm client.Got me some PCB,yahoo auctions,enquiry stuff and so on.And i ordered my DS LE last month!!

http://www.eurotaku.com/webshop/index.php
Them are swiss and based in japan too.Same as above.

EOJ

The first info on the port from Japanese guys on 2Ch who got the game early today (much of this has been stated in earlier posts in this thread, but I thought I'd include it just to sum up everything in a single post):

-Xbox 360 mode has updated graphics and the ability to select rank 1 on every stage. Otherwise it's the same as Arcade mode
-Arcade mode is a direct port of the arcade version
-Ver 1.1 has a power up at 100 on the counter, and the overall counter maxes at 99,999 instead of 10,000. The control of the option with the analog stick on the X360 pad is said to be quite good, and some have said they prefer to play this mode with the pad than with a stick. Another feature of this mode is that you immediately enter death mode as soon as you choose rank 3 for a stage.
-Ver 1.1 takes about 10 seconds to load, but then there are no loads in the actual game
-Arcade and Xbox 360 mode take less than 5 seconds to load, then there are no loads in the actual game
-MBL is 523MB, and is apparently downloadable right from the start.
-You can play solo or with another person in the online COOP mode
My score archive

GaijinPunch

1.1 sounds quite fun.  Hopefully mine will be waiting for me when I get home.

adverse

Awesome news about MBL downloadable right from the start!

My local shady game store has unfortunately not gotten this in yet, but hopefully tonight.  Looking forward to it, even though I'm stuck playing on a pad.  I sympathize with why you bought that Otomedius stick, almost all the 360 arcade sticks suck!

necpmf

I don't have any of the 360 ports yet, but they're all still 8-direction movement only right? Even when played with a 360 controller? I was try the XBLA version of Ikaruga on my buddy's american 360, and noticed that with the control stick you could vary your movement speed and move at any angle, which just felt sooooo wrong. I'll probably be playing with a stick (if there are any good x360 joysticks...) but I'm still very curious.