Pink Sweets ~ Ibara Sorekara

Started by jpj, December 13, 2007, 01:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpj

default settings (3 lives per credit, no score based extends)
please submit scores in this format:

Quotename - score - stage reached - ship (sub-type)
Arcade:

Overall:
1. EOJ - 10,938,200 - ALL - Lace (A)  [infinite lives]
2. Plasmo - 8,894,180 - Stage 6 - Lace (A)
3. DEL - 5,472,750 - Stage 5 - Lace (A)
4. jpj - 4,595,390 - stage 5 - Shasta
5. lowemark - 3,102,010 - Stage 4 - Lace (A)
6. Shalashaska - 2,492,160 - Stage 4 - Shasta

Shasta:
1. EOJ - 8,044,320 - ALL [used infinite lives trick]
2. jpj - 4,595,390 - stage 5
3. Shalashaska - 2,492,160 - Stage 4
4. CRI - 2,054,900 - Stage 4

Lace:
1. EOJ - 10,938,200 - ALL [infinite lives]
2. Plasmo - 8,894,180 - Stage 6
3. DEL - 5,472,750 - Stage 5
4. lowemark - 3,102,010 - Stage 4

Midi&Meidi:
1. EOJ - 9,109,380 - ALL [infinite lives]

Kasumi:
1. EOJ - 9,555,440 - ALL  [infinite lives]

Score Attack:
1. Plasmo - 5,615,430 - Lace (A) - ALL
2. jpj - 4,336,060 - Kasumi (start)
3. EOJ - 3,900,250 - Lace (A)

Harder:
1. Plasmo - 3,726,120 - Stage 4 - Lace (A)
2. EOJ - 2,026,210 - Stage 3 - Lace
3. jpj - 1,382,800 - Stage 3 - Shasta

Extended:
1. EOJ - 16,491,980 - 2-ALL - Shasta (A) [used infinite lives trick]

jpj

Plasmo

Score Attack:
Plasmo - 4,752,620 - Lace (A) - ALL

Slightly improved but im especially happy about this one cause i finally broke the 50% of WR mark and it was an ALL again. I had 1(!) second left on the clock and got unlucky with the lightning beam attack (only milked it twice)
How exactly do you control the sweeps of the lightning attack jpj? And is it right that it only occurs after you finish off one form?

jpj

well done!

yeah, it just occurs between the 1st and 2nd form; and again between 2nd and 3rd form.  i think it's probably better to say "influence" the movement.  but i don't think my strats with kasumi's bomb will work for lace  :oops:  how are you doing it with lace?  can you circle round the boss safely?  (this is another 'luck' factor, because sometimes he is too close to the top of the screen to go above and around him)

Plasmo

usually i dont need to go around him because he stops after one bomb.
im just wondering why you didnt update the score.PLEASE dont tell me i have to take a pic of that score argh.... :x

jpj

don't worry, i just probably forgot   :rolleyes:

Plasmo

Score Attack:
Plasmo - 4,857,750 - Lace (A)

Got lucky with the lightning attack (4 times) but unlucky with the time.

Plasmo

Score Attack:
Plasmo - 5,141,140 - Lace (A) - ALL

YES! :) I was waiting for this run to happen and got it after a very long playing session. Got the lightning attack 4 or maybe 5 times. The extra minute helped me to take down the boss easily, i had over 50secs left.Ill stop playing Score Attack now until someone beats my score.

jpj

awesome!

QuoteIll stop playing Score Attack now

doj plz

Plasmo

I was thinking about playing DOJ again but im not done with Pink Sweets yet.
Oh and it would be cool to see you playing PS aswell again ;)

Plasmo

Arcade:
Plasmo - 7,319,480 - Stage 6 - Lace (A)

Got to Stage 6 for the second time ever and even had two lives in stock. Then, of course, i fucked up everything royally and lost my last life on the first midboss lolz fuck.

jpj

updated

Quoteit would be cool to see you playing PS aswell again ;)

perhaps soon actually.  i'm kinda burnt out on doj, especially now that GP isn't bringin' the noise.

Plasmo

Arcade:
Plasmo - 8,298,030 - Stage 6 - Lace (A)

Got a bit further into stage 6 but the rank was way too high, i had no chance at all.

Harder:
Plasmo - 3,726,120 - Stage 4 - Lace (A)

Im not very good at harder. the slowdown at the first snake section was IMMENSE.

jpj

awesome work.
any chance you can take pics for shmups board?

Plasmo

i guess im not motivated enough lol
proofpics suck :righton:

Plasmo

Arcade:
Plasmo - 8,894,180 - Stage 6 - Lace (A)

Got up to the snake/laser section after the second midboss. My score was very low after stage 5 (only 6,7 i think) I really have no clue how to manage the rank in stage 6 and i cant imagine doing a no shield stage 5...

Shalashaska

Well Pink Sweets still isn't really my cup of tea but I gave it a few credits.

Shalashaska - 2,492,160 - Stage 4 - The laser girl (Shasta?)
Pic

Plasmo

Score Attack:
Plasmo - 5,421,200 - Lace (A) - ALL

First credit of the day. This was meant to be a warmup and not a new highscore lol. :D
First lightning attack was very bad (no sweeps at all) but i got lucky with the second one (5 sweeps?)

Plasmo

Score Attack:
Plasmo - 5,615,430 - Lace (A) - ALL

I keep getting new high scores accidently, cause of the randomness of the lightning attack lol...

CRI

here my really lame pink sweets score.

arcade:
CRI - 2,054,900 - Shasta - Stage 4

lowemark

lowemark - 3,102,010 - Stage 4 - Lace (A)

jpj

EOJ

I've switched to Shasta, trying to get the infinite lives trick to work. I was one 1up away from it in this run. :(

EOJ - 3,886,150 - Stage 5 - Shasta (A)
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

DEL

DEL - 5,472,750 - Stage 5 - Lace (A)

Still looking into why the six lives displayed up top and didn't roll over... :?
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/HOSTEL_2006/FILE1636.jpg

jpj

del, are you positive it was six lives up top?  (sorry if i sound like a twat)
i'll have to do some digging, but i think japanese player GER had a neutered board.  and he played the low-rank no-medalling runs, and i think in one of his videos he rolled it over... sort of.  unless i'm going mad, i think on the neutered boards, once you get six lives, all your extra lives DISAPPEAR from the top of the screen.  it really confused me, because i was thinking if he dies, will he carry on and then have 5 displayed at the top.  or is he now on his last life?  but he picked up another extend or two before any deaths.  can anyone who still has all the GER videos confirm or deny?

here's his website:
http://www2.dokidoki.ne.jp/ayame/trash.htm

Plasmo

I have all of GERs videos and in the one youre talking about he just demonstrates how to get infinite lives. Even the "fixed" boards should have this feature available.

jpj

??
how do you know GER's is the fixed one then?

Plasmo

EOJ

As I told DEL on shmups, he should check the dip settings of the board. If anything such as the difficulty is different from the defaults,
the infinite lives trick may not work. When I got my Pink Sweets board the difficulty was set to easy, for example.
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

jpj

but does the lives up top disappear on GER's vids (this is how i remember it)?  or do they cycle, and then fix at two up top?

edit: eoj, he's already checked that