Death Smiles Mega Black Label [CAVE 2008]

Started by Ast-Kot, August 30, 2008, 12:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rtw

Quote from: zap on September 27, 2008, 04:51:06 AM
Unfortunately the staff knocked on my shoulder making the X sign during the new stage.

Thanks for the footage :D Was there new music on the new stage ?

rtw
The future of ST-V rests upon our work and your work

EOJ

Thanks a lot for the vids!! The new stage looks really slick.

This makes me want to pull out my Deathsmiles PCB again and give it a few credits.  :righton:
My score archive
twitter: @cavexstg
youtube: @cave-stg
Xbox gamertag: eojx9999

adverse

zap

Quote from: rtw on September 27, 2008, 05:07:54 AMWas there new music on the new stage ?
Sorry, I don't know. It's very hard to make out any music tunes at HEY.

KOMA

I like the news scoring systeme.Since i don't have DS anymore,i want this new one!Damn you Cave!

Gwyrgyn

I wonder if everyone playing for score will default to Sakyura now, since she has two options she'll probably be a lot better at absorbing bullets, meaning more points.

zap

I managed to get a shot of the new boss today.

Kaneda

Looks like those youtube videos of DSBL were shot on the tv they have outside, so no staff to tell them to stop. I saw a few guys recording there today.

Rank 999 is brutal. Looks to be on par with Ultra mode as I didn't see many players clearing the first stage.

Like previous Black Labels, people were getting much higher scores. The high at the end of the day was 1.7 billion with Sakura.

GaijinPunch

How far?  I wonder if it's like Level 99 in the Dai Matsuri version,  It was pretty fucking hard (the boss, anyway) but it wasn't anything like Ultra, so perhaps not?  Glad I don't have $2k lying around.

adverse

Sweet!  Looks like DSMBL is getting a loc test right in my neighborhood!

http://www.nippon-amuse.co.jp/

Gonna have to go check it out after work today.

adverse

Went and checked it out today.  A couple notes:

Gwyrgyn was definitely right.  Sakyura's twin options make absorbing bullets a piece of cake. 
Running the new stage (broken crystal palace) with anyone other than her is extremely difficult because almost everything explodes into suicide bullets and there are already tons of enemies to deal with.  Her options literally seem to eat any bullets that come near her.
If CAVE were going to fiddle with this game before putting it out, they should definitely give advantages to the other character's options that match Sakyura's, otherwise it's just going to be her all day.

New level is very high scoring.  One person I saw got 500 mil on it alone.  He even got deep into the canyon (yes, you can do both) and was up to about 600 mil or so with no extend.  I'm pretty sure they turned off extends for the loketest, but damn what if extends really are that high?  Hard game to clear for sure.

Forest boss has been beefed up, apples faster.

Level 999 is just like Kaneda said, brutal.  This is like Mushi Futari Ultra.  I imagine you'll have to plan your whole way through the level...and be using Sakyura lol.

adverse

Few more observations:

I'm pretty sure you can no longer go straight to the castle.  You have to pass through the broken crystal palace and canyon.  That's definitely gonna put a 1CC out of reach for many people.

Not sure what the deal is, but I was having a hard time getting items to drop down and break into other ones.  Which means that I couldn't get to fever mode on some levels.  Not sure what the problem is.  Obviously this is very simple in the first Deathsmiles, but in this one it seems that you're constantly vacuuming items up, even in power up mode.  Want to play a bit more though to say for sure though.

GaijinPunch

Sounds like good improvements (although I don't like the poster).  Can't be arsed to go to the loke tests anymore.  I actually queued for 20 minutes to get into a store to buy pants today though. :)

EOJ

My score archive

rtw

EOJ

Thanks a lot rtw! I wasn't able to watch the streaming vid, due to my connection.
My score archive

EOJ

So did anyone buy this on release? If not, it might be the first arcade CAVE release in memory that no westerners bought.
I'm hoping someone did, though, so they can post some details.
My score archive

adverse

Wait, is it officially out?  Thought it was the end of the month but maybe not?

Man, I look forward to watching my arcade's elite players getting eat the fuck up on level 999.  :laugh:

EOJ

My score archive

gsl

Seriously, who the hell throws just a plain streaming video file up on their website anymore?  There's gotta be a hundred different ways to embed it on the website through some Flash something something.

Get with the program, Japan.

Thanks for the rip, rtw.

adverse

I have lost hope that the Japanese will ever figure out the internet.  We are in 2008.  :whyioughtta:

Anyways, I'll try to stop by the arcade today.

Edit:  Just dropped by 2ch, looks like a hidden boss has been confirmed.  Dior, the old guy?

Also you can apparently go straight to the castle again.

1st extend at 50 mil, 2nd at 300.

Looks like you can also trigger power up mode at 500 on the counter?  This makes recharging really easy.

adverse

Haven't made it to the arcade yet but here's some new info from 2ch:

QuoteChanges in Black Label
・Power-up mode can be triggered at 500 on the counter.  Same effects if you power up from 500 to 1000 (Note: this contradicts another poster who says you don't get the power bonus to your shot/lazer in this mode)
・Crowns are not sucked up so fast (in the location test, this happened too quickly and it was difficult to break the crowns)
・You can go to the Castle without going to the Crystal Palace or Canyon
・Your plus value is displayed beneath the counter.  This decreases during boss fights (although I felt like when I damaged the boss it went back up), perhaps they want us to kill the bosses quickly?
・Right before boss fights and after it, the counter appeared at the top left of the screen...
・Tree boss has gotten easier than he was at the location test

Really happy to hear that the plus value is more visible now.

EOJ

Pic of the kit (from a YAJ auction):

Looks like there's a sticker on the box, as usual for a black label.
My score archive

GaijinPunch

The bright side of my life savings dropping 30% in value, and my salary taking yet another nosedive is that I don't buy $2000 games.  I shoudl still go try this out sometime.  The closest place is, no doubt, Mikado.

adverse

Just played it twice down at Sega Avion in Osaka. 

Wow, fun!  I wasn't super impressed with the game at location test, but it's been significantly changed.  I already mentioned the changes above, but in particular the fact that your plus value carries across from level to level and has no limit that I have seen yet should be big news.  I managed to get mine up to 20,000 but I suck in death mode and I imagine you could definitely get it over 50/60 easy.  Having the plus value carry over means that you could accumulate say 11,000 on it on one level and then as soon as you're up to 500 on the item counter, activate power up mode and you're in fever already.  Meaning lots of points, and an incentive to use power mode pretty much as soon as you get it (well, maybe this will change). 

The new level is yeah, still full of bullets.  Didn't get through it.  :righton:

EOJ

The plus value likely maxes at 100,000, that's what it was like on the location test version.

Thanks for the impressions. Sounds fun, but different. Though I'm not a big fan of games that carry your multiplier over from stage 1 to the end and if you die it gets cut in half (or worse, reset to zero).
My score archive

SuperPang

Quote from: EOJ
Looks like there's a sticker on the box
fap fap fap

rtw

Quote from: SuperPang on October 11, 2008, 07:40:45 AM
Quote from: EOJ
Looks like there's a sticker on the box
fap fap fap

Don't quite get the "fap fap fap" thing but then I'm not a resident of the UK :D

rtw